Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

13 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

It doesn't depend on the instrument, guitar songs can be just as good or bad as piano songs.

I think guitar has a different vibe that just matches her better. I can think of several incredible guitar songs instantly (Yayo AKA, You Mister, Fordham Road, Chelsea Hotel No2, Nectar of the Gods, Living Legend, UFB, Summer Wine, Yosemite, Pawn Shop Blues etc etc) but piano songs on that level? Idk. Most are boring to me. 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

if aka had trash magic/the man i love on it - it would easily be my favorite album of hers..it not being on it is a crime! its one of those lana songs where its just the epitome of that era/album 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

28 minutes ago, Escapism said:

if aka had trash magic/the man i love on it - it would easily be my favorite album of hers..it not being on it is a crime! its one of those lana songs where its just the epitome of that era/album 

this and pin-up galore were missing from AKA in my opinion

signature.gif

"Feels like sugar in me..."

8 hours ago, keps2013 said:

this and pin-up galore were missing from AKA in my opinion

And Disco!

Trash Magic, Pin Up Galore and Disco (and Yayo) are the essential Lizzy era songs. Along with these looks:

Spoiler

15a14a1606a9bb8f05ec6176eed5e823.png

Screen-Shot-2019-05-23-at-6.22.44-AM.png

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

I really dislike NFR!, BB and COCC 😔 wish I didn't but I do. Only songs I like from NFR are the greatest (which i believe is one of her best songs), fuck it i love you and happiness is a butterfly. I like COCC and in blue banisters I don't really like anything 🤔 maybe the interlude. I coul expand but I don't want to be annoying

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

2 hours ago, niandra lades said:

I really dislike NFR!, BB and COCC 😔 wish I didn't but I do. Only songs I like from NFR are the greatest (which i believe is one of her best songs), fuck it i love you and happiness is a butterfly. I like COCC and in blue banisters I don't really like anything 🤔 maybe the interlude. I coul expand but I don't want to be annoying

To tell your opinions, weather they're negative or postitive e.g. about an album, does not eqaul being annoying. Everyone's got different opinions and hey! This is the unpopular Lana opinions thread, so feel free to express your unpopular thoughts! :)

I like these three albums but I'm still interested in why you don't so I say expand it, if you want!

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

36 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

To tell your opinions, weather they're negative or postitive e.g. about an album, does not eqaul being annoying. Everyone's got different opinions and hey! This is the unpopular Lana opinions thread, so feel free to express your unpopular thoughts! :)

I like these three albums but I'm still interested in why you don't so I say expand it, if you want!

Hi! Thank you for your words.

To be honest, I should give them another listen. 

Well, to be honest, I got super excited when Lana said NFR! was inspired in the guitars of the Red Hot Chili Peppers (John Frusciante is another one of my favorite artists, that's why my username here is niandra lades, one of his albums), and I really got that sense when listening to Venice Bitch. When it came out, I showed it to a friend at the time without telling her anything, and she said it was very Frusciante-esque. She was actually the person who introduced me to Lana when Lana appeared. Anyways, I liked Venice Bitch when it came out, but, after time, it became one of the songs I just don't go back to. The guitar loop gets too repetitive for me, but I really love the influence this song has. Besides, I get that she said it's a song to drive to, and I don't really drive. Tbh, maybe I was too harsh in my other post. I think that what puts me off about NFR! is the production. I guess that's the type of sound she was looking for and I respect that, but I believe her voice is--- I don't know the word. It has grandeur, its enormity sounds better (in my opinion) when she is accompanied by a whole orchestra, by deep and even harsh sounds. Maybe that's what I feel with COCC and BB too. Friends have told me that the ones that are boring/reiterative are the pre NFR! albums, and I think it's funny how everyone has different feelings and opinions about Lana. I really think her most beautifully crafted album is Honeymoon, and I guess I see things from that perspective. About COCC and BB, I guess I just don't enjoy the folk sounds. I'd go for Joan Baez if I wanted to play some folk. I don't really like the minimalistic (?) approach. I'm OK with the lyrics. I like when she plays with the double meaning of things and I love that that's part of the way she is. 

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

20 hours ago, Flowerbomb said:

Lana needs to work with British producers again because they knew exactly how to give something different

Please-Liam Howe or someone involved with the Bristol trip hop scene 

21 minutes ago, niandra lades said:

Hi! Thank you for your words.

To be honest, I should give them another listen. 

Well, to be honest, I got super excited when Lana said NFR! was inspired in the guitars of the Red Hot Chili Peppers (John Frusciante is another one of my favorite artists, that's why my username here is niandra lades, one of his albums), and I really got that sense when listening to Venice Bitch. When it came out, I showed it to a friend at the time without telling her anything, and she said it was very Frusciante-esque. She was actually the person who introduced me to Lana when Lana appeared. Anyways, I liked Venice Bitch when it came out, but, after time, it became one of the songs I just don't go back to. The guitar loop gets too repetitive for me, but I really love the influence this song has. Besides, I get that she said it's a song to drive to, and I don't really drive. Tbh, maybe I was too harsh in my other post. I think that what puts me off about NFR! is the production. I guess that's the type of sound she was looking for and I respect that, but I believe her voice is--- I don't know the word. It has grandeur, its enormity sounds better (in my opinion) when she is accompanied by a whole orchestra, by deep and even harsh sounds. Maybe that's what I feel with COCC and BB too. Friends have told me that the ones that are boring/reiterative are the pre NFR! albums, and I think it's funny how everyone has different feelings and opinions about Lana. I really think her most beautifully crafted album is Honeymoon, and I guess I see things from that perspective. About COCC and BB, I guess I just don't enjoy the folk sounds. I'd go for Joan Baez if I wanted to play some folk. I don't really like the minimalistic (?) approach. I'm OK with the lyrics. I like when she plays with the double meaning of things and I love that that's part of the way she is. 

Yeah I don’t listen to Lana for minimalistic production 

On 8/2/2022 at 9:58 PM, Party Favor said:

Lana is a great example of someone who shouldn’t have become famous. Not in a “she doesn’t deserve it”, but in a “Hollywood eats people like her alive” kinda way. 

I will say tho she, like many rich artists, needs to learn how to tread the line of vocalizing struggles vs just straight pity dumping on fans. 

she’ll never escape the “industry plant” trope either. It is what it is and you can argue literally any singer is one. 

I think she should have gained success-but moved out of LA immediately back to somewhere more remote in England except when making albums-I don’t want to blame her but she’s not giving her privacy any help by living there.

It’s a lot easier here in certain places-Robert smith has no issues.

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

I think she should have gained success-but moved out of LA immediately back to somewhere more remote in England except when making albums-I don’t want to blame her but she’s not giving her privacy any help by living there.

It’s a lot easier here in certain places-Robert smith has no issues.

I feel like Lana would really like it in Torquay (also called the English Riviera)

Spoiler

ER%20Gal-Torbay_Torquay_harbour_03.jpeg&

47346212.jpg?k=79e9146dca23637fc41a69252

Either that or maybe somewhere a bit up north in the countryside. Courtney Loves lives here in the country (I think? I read that somewhere lol)

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

On 7/31/2022 at 4:55 PM, Ultradealerence said:

i’m gonna be super unpopular now and maybe i’m gonna get backlash for this but…the whole fame treated me badly was the original marketing plan made for lana just to make the buzz and get famous, and now she has to deal with the consequences of this choice . this whole karmic lineage talk lately is her own catharsis of the decision she made from the start. not gonna comment on whether or not that may affected her mind/energy/psychology but the whole marketing plan her team made was a risky but super super clever idea and it worked well enough for promoting an artist. if you get what i mean, then your insight is on a good level. 

Everyone thinks they want one thing, and then find out it wasn't what they wanted. Everyone has conflicting desires. Are you yourself any less hypocritical than her, or is it just easier to critisize lana because she makes her feelings and her journey public?

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

On 7/31/2022 at 3:55 PM, Ultradealerence said:

i’m gonna be super unpopular now and maybe i’m gonna get backlash for this but…the whole fame treated me badly was the original marketing plan made for lana just to make the buzz and get famous, and now she has to deal with the consequences of this choice . this whole karmic lineage talk lately is her own catharsis of the decision she made from the start. not gonna comment on whether or not that may affected her mind/energy/psychology but the whole marketing plan her team made was a risky but super super clever idea and it worked well enough for promoting an artist. if you get what i mean, then your insight is on a good level. 

i don’t agree with this idea that the whole “fame is so awful & i’m the underdog” thing was planned or intentional, i highly doubt lana intended to have a bad SNL performance, or to have people completely disregard her music or her as a person because of a few plastic surgery procedures or the simple fact that she changed her stage name, she was clearly traumatized by these intial reactions & still had to deal with it with further controversies (the “i wish i was dead” comment, qftc, the body-shaming, etc.) i don’t think it’s fair to say that she has to deal with the consequences of these things, she doesn’t deserve to have trauma from her fame, & i feel like she should have the right to dislike fame without people telling her it’s annoying or that she shouldn’t complain, maybe people should’ve treated her better to begin with

WGe8ynS.gif