Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I love Chemtrails, and Tulsa Jesus Freak ranks relatively low for me. I've come to value this album as a story of dealing with burnout--the desire to run away and start over, to do your profession out of the love of it.

Blue Banisters flopped for me. It was pretty but it was just a collection of songs, and it's unfortunate that it was her latest release because I haven't been revisiting her work as much as a result, and I'm scared for what her next release might bring.

11 hours ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

I really don't like the Ultraviolence cover, it's not awful but the photoshoot has so many better pics than this one and that represents the sound of the album better :pft:

Agreed. I actually prefer the one of her knees to the official front cover. Her laying in the flowers should’ve been it

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

3 hours ago, Tropico Angel said:

Agreed. I actually prefer the one of her knees to the official front cover. Her laying in the flowers should’ve been it

I use the photo of the knees as an alternative cover (demos) and it is true that it is magnificent. The photo of Lana with the flowers is sublime, iconic but does not represent the album, it's more of a general photo. Anyway, this is my opinion. The original one, I find it perfect with the black and white, and Lana sad coming out of her old Mercedes, I find that it corresponds to the sadness of Ultraviolence: a woman who has lived a more tormented journey than Born to die .

31 minutes ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

I use the photo of the knees as an alternative cover (demos) and it is true that it is magnificent. The photo of Lana with the flowers is sublime, iconic but does not represent the album, it's more of a general photo. Anyway, this is my opinion. The original one, I find it perfect with the black and white, and Lana sad coming out of her old Mercedes, I find that it corresponds to the sadness of Ultraviolence: a woman who has lived a more tormented journey than Born to die .

totally agree!!!

she looks upset and lowkey pissed like she's so done and ready to leave, I think it's the perfect cover

but the alt cover is *chef's kiss* and her most different cover to date

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

16 hours ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

I really don't like the Ultraviolence cover, it's not awful but the photoshoot has so many better pics than this one and that represents the sound of the album better :pft:

I can't get over how she used the one of her smoking in hydrangeas for the BACK of the exclusive album. That should be the front cover for the premium at least, maybe even the official cover. I would've also chose the Brooklyn Baby cover as an official cover as a second option. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

2 hours ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

I like the front cover, but the back one represents all the loneliness and sadness that the album carry. It really has a dark vibe to it.

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

My unpopular opinion is that I love The Other Woman and Guns and Roses.

Actually I think all of her covers are far superior than the original versions (sorry, Nina Simone), it is really exquisite what she can do. Hell, she even got over Madonna's version of You Must Love Me (!).

Also I love Yayo, which is a song I know some of you guys don't really appreciate. Plus I prefer Lizzy's version to the Paradise one. Also I don't really like AKA, probably just 3 or 4 songs (?).

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

Chemtrails Over the Country Club is the record of Lana’s that I relate to most closely, even if it’s about fame. The sentiments of wishing for simplicity and normalcy despite achieving success is something I think many people can relate to. It’s such a poignant record that is thematically essential to who Lana is, and I wish more listeners gave it the time of day. 

My one real unpopular opinion is that I love love love Paradise Yayo and is one of the only songs I still truly love off that EP ef1HSBv.png I love Aka Yayo of course and I wouldn't go as far as saying that I prefer Paradise Yayo to it anymore anyway more as I appreciate them equally as two beautiful versions of a perfect song ZEZD0HB.jpg

I guess to add to the Paradise opinion, its probably the only Lana project that has truly aged for me pZ6lE0e.gif Still love the classics like Ride and Gods and Monsters of course but I never listen to them.. Same with Burning Desire I just never revisit it however it is amazing. I used to love American, and I still do like it, but it feels like its aged. I never liked Cola nor Body Electric because I found them very one tone and still do, Body Electric Live can still get it though :gurl: Only songs I actually still love and come back too are Blue Velvet, Yayo, and Bel Air, beautiful songs can't get enough of them 8ZlYhLh.gif

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

3 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

For Free is amazing & was the perfect closing track…

My only complaint about it is that while I love Weyes and Zella I'd prefer if Lana was singing the whole time and they only did some harmonies... but I guess it was cute and made sense to had them there after singing it on tour various times together 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

For Free is amazing & was the perfect closing track…

yes and I'm ready to die on that hill

I have 0 problems with zella and weyes, they sound like 3 beautiful sirens together

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

i don’t like young and beautiful. i know a lot of people like it, so sorry if i’m making you mad lmao. i’m not sure if it’s because tiktok has been popularizing it recently, but they did that with brooklyn baby and a few others and i still adore those songs. never been a huge young and beautiful fan, but i despise that song now. it’s the only lana song i dislike. 

:lanahairflip:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°