Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

54 minutes ago, kaliuchis said:

I don’t like Honeymoon

:wtf2:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

well.. time for a really unpopulat opinion 

yayo 2012 > yayo 2008, even tho this song wasnt supposed to be luscious and the atmosphere of OG song really hits right places but this damn production on 2012 version is inmaculately gorgeous... just like the rest paradise tracks, i really adore how this album turned out and genuinely dont undetstand any hate for this masterpiece

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

3 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

yayo 2012 > yayo 2008, even tho this song wasnt supposed to be luscious and the atmosphere of OG song really hits right places but this damn production on 2012 version is inmaculately gorgeous... just like the rest paradise tracks, i really adore how this album turned out and genuinely dont undetstand any hate for this masterpiece

tea :typewriter:

24 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

SPILL:ohmy:

On 12/27/2022 at 5:21 PM, swansong said:

i’m not sure if this is unpopular but 13 beaches would’ve been better on nfr and the next best american record would’ve been better on lfl :true:

im pretty sure that the next best american record was actually a lust for life outtake…

i definitely agree & it would fit onto the lust for life vintage aesthetic much more than the NFR aesthetic, but im glad to have the song either way!

:wink:

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

last fm 

soundcloud

On 12/27/2022 at 11:21 AM, swansong said:

i’m not sure if this is unpopular but 13 beaches would’ve been better on nfr and the next best american record would’ve been better on lfl :true:

I can hear 13 Beaches on NFR. Cinnamon Girl kinda sounds like it a bit. 

Despite its lukewarm reception with fans, LFL is such a charming album for me. there was something truly special when she released the title track. I’ve always loved the album trailer, the music videos, the visuals :trisha: Idk if it was because the time period but the album meshed so well with everything else that was being released in 2017. It was such a fun time to be a Lana stan, I miss the era a lot 

sgopYhV.gif

People wanting Say Yes to Heaven officially released. Why? There's 5 versions of it and you can hear them all on Youtube and download it. Do we really need a Blue Banisters 2 album with some of the songs we heard or all new songs? I prefer all new songs. :true:

i really dont like the aesthetics of nfr... not really nfr but the ocean theme in music in general... and beachy music nfr is... i still genuinely dont see what genius people could see in it, what made them think its better than her 2014-2016 period, tell me what should i pay attention on cuz i listened to the album 4 times just to make sure its not bad experience of the 1st listen and it got more boring with every time, these instrumentals goes nowhere, lyrics are good but not her best, and i cant understand what people can hear there to decide its better than UV or HM (im not this kind of person whos rooting for the comeback of old lana i just mean that bb or chemtrails not impressed others as nfr did and i think that this record personally is overrated as fuck) 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

I understand the people who dislike Lana.

When I was 9 I first heard yayo and didn't understand it so I just mindlessly listened since English is not my first language. I learned about Lana first and then started really listening to her music, like really listened and really understood. I saw in her every woman I've known, my mother, myself, really saw her through her stories and her music. I felt her. Fast forward to high school and I engaged in my first "Lana del Rey is a basic bitch and she makes pulp pop etc etc". I was so confused because all I knew was the parasocial relationship I had with her for years. I've thought about it since and I see it so clearly. Unless you know exactly why she wrote "I talk to Jesus" it would just sound like a joke. And that's exactly why songs like "Summertime sadness" and "Young and beautiful" are famous for kinda the wrong interpretation. It absolutely does not excuse the hate she gets for no reason but I hope it makes what I'm saying.