Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

i'm not glad she's resurrected (on A&W anyway) the hiphop stuff she largely stopped doing after BTD. I've always thought that when she made that aspect of her music too explicit, it gets embarrassing. it's fine as one ingredient in the stew, kind of hovering in the background & when she just flirts with it (as on the Sublime cover), it works. but when she does that sing-songy rapping thing, I cringe. she's so much better as a singer than as a pseudo-rapper

i love a&w so much and i think it deserves all the hype like why not!! but 1 choice does make me go ummmmmmm and that's jack the distortion on jimmy only love me when he wanna get high (feel like it's a weird trend atm?) - auto tuning tjf for breezy candle in the wind 2000s energy was mwaaahh amazing, i don't want the opposite, even if it makes sense for the song

mUENGN9.png

I'm very surprised by the reaction people have had to A&W both on the forum and on social media.. I love LDR but I can't love that song haha

I don't think it has longevity, but I could be wrong

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

Overall the never ending snippets for NFR definitely dampened some of the pre release era and may have affected the impact the album had on all of us, but I do think all the videos she posted were really cute :teehee: she seemed proud of what she was making and excited to release her work, even if it felt like they were in limbo 

sgopYhV.gif

I’d like to conclude that Adam Lambert was chosen by one of the greatest bands of all time to represent Freddie Mercury in Queen.
This is something Lana couldn’t do. 

As I mentioned before, you can’t compare apples to oranges and find similarities. 

Just now, mssainttropez said:

I’m not sure if this is unpopular or not, but Velvet Crowbar is one of Lana’s best unreleased :true:

Velvet Crowbar was playing in my dream last night:illumilana: (but yes, 100% agree!)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

10 hours ago, lemonadedelrey said:

You guys are so negative lmao Adam is one of the best male vocalists. I love the rock elements and how he made it is own while still staying true to the melody and feel of the original song. Love him. What a cool dude. 

I don’t understand why they’re blatantly lying for the sake of protecting Lana. 

There's nothing Lana will gain or lose from this discussion.
If Lana wasn’t pretty and didn’t live the life she lived then she’d never be famous.

She was surrounded by the right people to push her towards success. 
Adam had to work harder to gain leverage in the industry.

10 hours ago, TrippieHippie said:

I’d like to conclude that Adam Lambert was chosen by one of the greatest bands of all time to represent Freddie Mercury in Queen.
This is something Lana couldn’t do. 

As I mentioned before, you can’t compare apples to oranges and find similarities. 

we do nawt care😹

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

4 minutes ago, TrippieHippie said:

No, I didn’t I said others would view Lana and Adam as boring, socially. 
Lana fans calling Adam boring is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Lana is criticized for being boring, they’re already supporting someone who is thought of as boring in the first place.

Adam, factually is more exciting than Lana which is why the Lana fans are upset. The tempo wasn’t respected and resulted in an overpowering performance.

I think I get what you were trying to say, but if you say Lana fans calling Adam boring is like the pot calling the kettle black it doesn't actually mean the comparison you want to make. When you say that you're basically saying Lana fans shouldn't call Adam boring bc Lana is boring lmao

Also, Adam is not factually more exciting than Lana. It's not an objective truth. It's not bc he's an expert on X technique or has a higher range or wtv that makes him more exciting or better. It's all subjective. 

To you he's more exciting, to me, he's def not — not bc he's not talented or wtv, just based on my taste and also on comparing him to her.

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

9 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

I think I get what you were trying to say, but if you say Lana fans calling Adam boring is like the pot calling the kettle black it doesn't actually mean the comparison you want to make. When you say that you're basically saying Lana fans shouldn't call Adam boring bc Lana is boring lmao

Also, Adam is not factually more exciting than Lana. It's not an objective truth. It's not bc he's an expert on X technique or has a higher range or wtv that makes him more exciting or better. It's all subjective. 

To you he's more exciting, to me, he's def not — not bc he's not talented or wtv, just based on my taste and also on comparing him to her.

Adam Lambert is certainly more experienced, exciting and forward than Lana Del Rey.

That’s not even an opinion! 
If you’re debating about artist and their artistry than you must study that artist before making solidarity judgments.

Yes, it’s a cop out because Lana is considered boring TO THE PUBLIC.  You’re not going to hear her music playing in a club unless it’s remixed. 
I’ve heard Adam Lambert’s music in clubs before I’ve heard Lana Del Rey.

Lana is completely in her own lane and has found her community who is invested in her material.

I’m not speaking about Lana as a FAN, I’m speaking from an unbiased analytical standpoint.

I criticized Lana just as much as I criticized Adam.

I’m not picking sides, I’m just simply shedding light on how others feel about the two artist, socially.

Just now, TrippieHippie said:

Adam Lambert is certainly more experienced, exciting and forward than Lana Del Rey.

That’s not even an opinion! 
If you’re debating about artist and their artistry than you must study that artist before making solidarity judgments

Yes, it’s a cop out because Lana is considered boring. You’re not going to hear her music playing in a club unless it’s remixed. 
I’ve heard Adam Lambert’s music in clubs before I hear Lana Del Rey.

Lana has her community in which is invested in her material.

I’m not speaking about Lana as a FAN, I’m speaking from an unbiased analytical standpoint.

I criticized Lana just as much as I criticized Adam.

I’m not picking sides, I’m just simply shedding light on how others feel about the two artist, socially.

I'll repeat what I said, him being more experienced does NOT make him more exciting/interesting than her FACTUALLY. Like that's not an objective truth, that's literally an opinion.

Excitement is subjective. What excites me may not excite you, what I find interesting, you may find boring. You get what I'm saying? 

You can't say something is factually more exciting because nothing is — I mean, you CAN say it, but it's def wrong. Excitement can't ever be an objective thing bc it relies on one's pleasure and taste, and those won't ever be universal.

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif