evilentity

Possible Albums Before Sirens

I've mentioned this on Twitter and SIN, but I thought I should post this information here. Before the "List of unreleased Lana Del Rey songs" Wikipedia page was recently deleted, it mentioned a 7-track audio recording called either "Rock Me Stable" or "Young Like Me" registered with the US Copyright Office by Elizabeth Woolridge Grant in 2005, which I believe would pre-date "Sirens". The Wikipedia page had also mentioned an unreleased song called "From the End", also registered with the US Copyright Office by Elizabeth Woolridge Grant in 2005. However, the notes in this listing say "Words & music (collection)", so this may also be another album and not just an individual song. Before we get too carried away, it is possible that these songs may all be on "Sirens", or there may be significant overlap, but the possibility of two more early albums is exciting nonetheless.

To view the copyright listings, click here. Type "Grant, Elizabeth Woolridge" in the "Search for" field and search by name.

I've already made inquiries with the Library of Congress and the US Copyright office as to whether there is any possible way to listen to these recordings. I'm not optimistic, but I should get an answer within a few business days.

Also, note that the 2005 listings show her birth year as 1985, not 1986, which indicate that she is really 27 years old, not 26.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Guest Chloe

To be honest I don't think we should go digging to find it. It's hers, and we should respect that. If it was leaked I'd listen to it, but there's no need to go digging.. it would upset her.

And wasn't Sirens done in 2004?

I thought I remembered 2004 being mentioned on LDR.FM as the date for "Sirens" too, but alas, the site is down, and I couldn't find anything anywhere else to back that up. Both Wikipedia and the Team Hellions guy say 2005 or 2006.

I thought I remembered 2004 being mentioned on LDR.FM as the date for "Sirens" too, but alas, the site is down, and I couldn't find anything anywhere else to back that up. Both Wikipedia and the Team Hellions guy say 2005 or 2006.

Ah right, Well who knows anymore? I've gave up with trying to find dates for her songs.

4r9w86.jpg

The thing about her being 27 is strange. I mean, I just find it weird.

And, that would be awesome if there was another album. the Sirens album is so cute, it would be nice to hear more older stuff but I'll just wait for it to leak, I'll just make myself angry if I try digging around.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

I've mentioned this on Twitter and SIN, but I thought I should post this information here. Before the "List of unreleased Lana Del Rey songs" Wikipedia page was recently deleted, it mentioned a 7-track audio recording called either "Rock Me Stable" or "Young Like Me" registered with the US Copyright Office by Elizabeth Woolridge Grant in 2005, which I believe would pre-date "Sirens". The Wikipedia page had also mentioned an unreleased song called "From the End", also registered with the US Copyright Office by Elizabeth Woolridge Grant in 2005. However, the notes in this listing say "Words & music (collection)", so this may also be another album and not just an individual song. Before we get too carried away, it is possible that these songs may all be on "Sirens", or there may be significant overlap, but the possibility of two more early albums is exciting nonetheless.

Also, note that the 2005 listings show her birth year as 1985, not 1986, which indicate that she is really 27 years old, not 26.

i agree, this is exciting! :) obviously i respect if she doesn't want to share those songs (some of which may indeed be on "sirens", who knows?), but she was such an insightful, inventive writer at such a young age that i'm quite certain that those old songs have artistic merit and value. i like thoughtful, profound, ambivalent, honest, open, unguarded lizzy grant ♥ imho, the best lana songs (like "video games", especially in its demo version) could easily be lizzy grant era songs.

really want to hear them, I imagine some other acoustic songs...

also, I read the interview from "Les Inrocks", she said "I was 18, it's a very dark, unconfortable record", if she's talking about Sirens, the date could be 2003.

I post the link if you wanna translate it with google, it's "Pourquoi t’être lancée dans la musique ?" part :

http://www.lesinrock...e-icone-114411/

YBRRy.png

really want to hear them, I imagine some other acoustic songs...

also, I read the interview from "Les Inrocks", she said "I was 18, it's a very dark, unconfortable record", if she's talking about Sirens, the date could be 2003.

I post the link if you wanna translate it with google, it's "Pourquoi t’être lancée dans la musique ?" part :

http://www.lesinrock...e-icone-114411/

Yes, I think she talk about "Sirens". In the interview, she said that was an album which never released, which is great and that she was 18 when she wrote and recorded it. So if she is born in 1985, it is 2003... 2004 if she is born in 1986.

I'm actually really close to DC hahaha. But I don't know the protocol for accessing copywritten material

Like I said, I'm not optimistic, but I should hear back soon if there is a way to listen to them. If there is, would you be willing to do whatever's required and report back to us?