liam

2 hours ago, medievalthots said:

i was looking through her old posts on facebook and found out she posted the songs "no more seconds" "bad blood" "to b" and "woman of babylon" on soundcloud back in 2011, are these lost now or is there anywhere i can listen to them?

They’ve been lost, unfortunately. I remember we all tried to hunt for them back in like 2014-ish. There were others too, such as “Longing Bird” which was on her Tumblr. I think the post was/is still there but the audio just didn’t work anymore.

can anyone send after coachella demo (i know its only slightly different but id like to hear it and i cant find it anywhere)

also, is maiden (original mix) any different from the released? and is lean on demo thats on streaming services the same lean on demo that leaked years ago? if not could anyone send me the lean on demo that leaked?

𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖎'𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖞

19 hours ago, medievalthots said:

... and is lean on demo thats on streaming services the same lean on demo that leaked years ago? if not could anyone send me the lean on demo that leaked?

I know there are likely many demo versions of Lean On because they created it so iteratively over many months. But those are on someone's hard drive somewhere, not released. I'm only aware of the demo version that's officially released on "Give Me Future". You can buy it on amazon (or stream it on various sites) right now.  If anyone knows differently, feel free to correct me.

Also, after googling "Maiden (original mix)", which I'd never heard of specifically, the one site that I found with it (Beatport) was just a clarification that it's the album version rather than one of the later remix versions.  A snippet of the After Coachella demo is on soundcloud but besides that I don't know about that one.

On 1/23/2022 at 3:10 AM, medievalthots said:

can anyone send after coachella demo (i know its only slightly different but id like to hear it and i cant find it anywhere)

also, is maiden (original mix) any different from the released? and is lean on demo thats on streaming services the same lean on demo that leaked years ago? if not could anyone send me the lean on demo that leaked?

cant believe I listened to one song from this album 5 years ago and NEVER noticed the lean on demo in there lol. I’m having an experience right now and wow I really wish they have kept some verses from the demo chorus on the final version. Its sooo good

On 1/23/2022 at 11:18 PM, marlin said:

I know there are likely many demo versions of Lean On because they created it so iteratively over many months. But those are on someone's hard drive somewhere, not released. I'm only aware of the demo version that's officially released on "Give Me Future". You can buy it on amazon (or stream it on various sites) right now.  If anyone knows differently, feel free to correct me.

Also, after googling "Maiden (original mix)", which I'd never heard of specifically, the one site that I found with it (Beatport) was just a clarification that it's the album version rather than one of the later remix versions.  A snippet of the After Coachella demo is on soundcloud but besides that I don't know about that one.

there was a lean on demo that leaked in 2015, 2 years before a lean on demo was released on streaming services, people even posted about it here in this thread. i just dont know if its any different from the one thats released, probably its the same, but i wanted someone to confirm. also someone also said that maiden unmastered is the same as the released, just in lower quality, i imagine that they meant "maiden original mix", but again, i just wanted someone to confirm. i'll quote both replies that i found when rereading all this thread from the stuff i said above

On 5/10/2015 at 5:48 PM, Sucker said:
On 1/17/2015 at 9:08 PM, Sitar said:

Yeah it's just the demo album became obsolete when Maiden demo moved to night versions and I accepted that Maiden unmastered is really just the same song in lower quality

If you count the remix yes. Found a demo some time ago

𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖎'𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖞

8 hours ago, medievalthots said:

there was a lean on demo that leaked in 2015, 2 years before a lean on demo was released on streaming services, people even posted about it here in this thread. i just dont know if its any different from the one thats released, probably its the same, but i wanted someone to confirm. also someone also said that maiden unmastered is the same as the released, just in lower quality, i imagine that they meant "maiden original mix", but again, i just wanted someone to confirm. i'll quote both replies that i found when rereading all this thread from the stuff i said above

Good question about Lean On. Probably it's the same, but someone else might know for sure.

The way I read Sitar's comment, Sitar's expectation was that "Maiden (unmastered)" would be the more raw version that lacks things like final EQ and compression, as anyone would expect if it was labeled "unmastered", but Sitar decided after listening to it that it was just a version with bad EQ, e.g., duller sounding. That would make sense because, often, the mastering process makes the track "sparkle" a bit more and sound louder at the same volume, so someone else could have mistakenly labeled it as unmastered when really it just had the high frequencies cut out. Just my speculation.  

I’ve never really listened to her but Brad Pitt is one of the best pop songs I’ve heard in a while. It’s got so many Lana-isms: underneath my summer dress, baby u da best, sing me your song baby it’s a hit, I’ll keep spinning around for you

all those lines sound so Lana. 

Kindness and live to survive also slap. 

Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I used google assistant's interpreter mode to listen to the entire DR.DK podcast about MØ (thanks to @moupd for the heads up). Most of the time it did a truly terrible job—just complete nonsense. But sometimes it worked just well enough to piece things together.

There was a lot of fluff, and a lot of stuff the fans have heard many times at this point. But I jotted some things down when something caught my attention I hadn't heard before...pretty much in chronological order. As for MØ's history, it doesn't get any more recent than her time in MOR, and even then, not much past probably age 20:

• Karen remembers seeing the white spice girls cd on the shelf before she owned it
  • as a child, she was afraid of the dark. woke her parents, but then heard springsteen's hungy heart coming from their room. an early memory of understanding there was something in her that needed to be expressed, but she didn't understand how yet.
  • get on school bus as a goth and get weird looks. wanted to switch schools to the city where there were others like her.
  • something about getting a call from a friend asking her to join a band, The Edmunds (so she would've been about 17 or 18 years old, it seems)
  • Parents went out (on vacation to Cyprus) but 14 year old??* Karen was allowed to stay back so she threw a big party (100 people?), inviting lots of punk counterculture kids. She still didn't feel completely accepted and wanted to impress the cool ones. Police and ambulance came because there was a fight in the front yard and someone got glass in their eye. Neighbor complained. But it was some sort of victory for Karen socially.
  • Moved in with teen punk friend Josephine to be her roommate in Odense. they would write lyric ideas down on their common kitchen table (EDIT: on a notepad or something, not the actual table) whenever something popped into their heads. Their first concert as a duo was actually a memorial concert for one of their group of girlfriends that died in a car accident. This tragedy influenced her songwriting. We do not live forever, so let's be here now. 

*Sounds awfully young to be throwing a house party like the kind she's describing, but the voiceover definitely says 14 years old.

I was not expecting some of these album tracks to serve NMTF vibes in subtle ways whether it be lyrics, vocals, production, etc. :oprah2: In my opinion, there are hints of her debut album in Wheelspin, Youth Is Lost, Hip Bones and Punches.

Very pleasantly surprised with this overall! Will enjoy it much more than Forever Neverland.

And yeah, the last 3 singles are probably my bottom 3 lmao. Weird choices!