liam

omg hopefully but didn't she leak it herself or something? what's the story

(Btw I was a little off - she first posted a clip of the song in December of 2018. It was produced by Stint as well, who did most of FN.)

I’m not 100% sure if that’s actually what caused the song to leak but I do definitely remember that she posted an IG story where she was listening to new music on her computer and you could see a Dropbox URL at the top of the screen lol. I don’t know/remember if it was really visible enough for other people to read it though.

(Btw I was a little off - she first posted a clip of the song in December of 2018. It was produced by Stint as well, who did most of FN.)

I’m not 100% sure if that’s actually what caused the song to leak but I do definitely remember that she posted an IG story where she was listening to new music on her computer and you could see a Dropbox URL at the top of the screen lol. I don’t know/remember if it was really visible enough for other people to read it though.

omg PLS her charli tease. do you have the clip 

She registered 4 new songs with Ronni Vindahl (‘No Mythologies’ producer): ‘Hurt U’, ‘One’, ‘Trumbling Down’ and ‘Wonderland’.

I hadn’t noticed it before, but she also registered a song with him a little while ago called ‘Preacher’, around the time she registered a song called ‘Running Wild’ (made with someone else).

Hey everybody, I've only recently gotten into MØ. In absense of much else going on right now, I'll share my own limited story of MØ fandom.

Because my tastes tend to run more towards alternative rock (one of Karen's many disparate influences), I'd never even  heard of her until about last summer or fall when she started getting radio airplay for Blur on the local alt-pop station.  Basically, I'd been leaving terrestrial radio playing in the background at my place, and was looking out for new artists to get into.  Blur was in moderate rotation back then (maybe once or twice a day) and I eventually youtubed it one weekend.  I remember thinking to myself it might be the best pop song I'd heard all year...after listening to it at least a half-dozen times in one day :P  

For whatever reason, I procrastinated, waiting until the early COVID period to actually look into the rest of her music, but within a month I was completely hooked. Mildly obsessed, really, listening to everything I could find...live performances, interviews, etc. and slowly making my way through every post in this thread.  The brilliant Forever Neverland is what really got me.  I know a lot of old-school fans wanted more old-school MØ for her second album, which is understandable, but anyone overlooking FN because it wasn't more of NMTF is seriously missing out!  FWIW, and keeping in mind that I experienced her whole catalog pretty much all at once, I ended up making my Forever Neverland playlist include Kamikaze, Nights With You, and Final Song—like the extended Janapese release, basically. 

On a side note, among the small handful of musical acts I ended up looking into (besides MØ), the other one that really stood out was Grouplove, who I'd casually been paying attention to for years, actually.  After recently curating my own playlist of Grouplove songs, I've been super happy getting into all their great music too.  

The thing is, when you look into the Sony/RCA/Chess Club A&R guy who got MØ signed, Will Street, you'll notice the biggest artists he's discovered are (from what I can tell) Mumford & Sons, MØ, ...and Grouplove. Now that's a fun coincidence! so he gets a well-deserved :gclap: from me. 

And the Marcus Mumford/Major Lazer song MØ co-wrote has been in somewhat heavy radio rotation around here as recently as a month or two ago.  Just heard it on my car radio earlier today, actually.     

I'm new here as an actual account user, but tbh I used to actually just lurk through this forum for leaks and stuff so thx in adv. Been a fan since what, 2013? I would like to say that the fact True Romance, or either of the good ones in the unreleased pile, never saw the light of day especially after that mixtape is ~criminal~ .  Beautiful Wreck was THAT song for me in FN I think, and as for the non-album singles.. I still can't really get into Drum. Bloodpop just ruined it for me.That's all until we are actually fed with something, maybe a new single called "Soon" ?:wave:

18 hours ago, gannonyouth said:

I'm new here as an actual account user, but tbh I used to actually just lurk through this forum for leaks and stuff so thx in adv. Been a fan since what, 2013? I would like to say that the fact True Romance, or either of the good ones in the unreleased pile, never saw the light of day especially after that mixtape is ~criminal~ .  Beautiful Wreck was THAT song for me in FN I think, ...

Several weeks ago, I was listening to MØ and I had to laugh at myself.  Like a Pavlov's dog response, I found myself getting goosebumps just from the beginning fade-in of Beautiful Wreck.  There's technically nothing special about the intro, but my subconscious mind knew what would follow it.