liam

Ok the instrumentals badly need to leak cuz the Way Down one is one of the best things she's ever done musically like whew Karen let me live this bass didn't had to go this fckn hard... Reminds me strongly of an iconic French song I can't pinpoint

ZKcaooE.png

I listened to the new album on the way to class and I really like it! I hadnt listened to any of the singles cause most of the things released since NMTF, I haven't loved and also it seemed like most people weren't digging this stuff, so every song was new.

But its cute!!! I mean I would love a no drops version cause the drops on this are... not my fave thing but besides that I enjoyed most the songs. I'm gonna get really high now and listen thru her entire discog and give her my streams.

Does she still perform Glass at her shows? I could get a ticket to one of the Novermber shows for like 20 bucks but what's the use if she doesn't even do her best song.

sorry idk if she plays it or not i just have to say the taste jumped out

Idk the album isnt bad but I feel like the production was kind of lacking. I feel like a lot of the songs were relying on the Lean On formula of a cheap sounding edm drop thats meant to sound “exotic”. I think a lot the songs where she didnt do it were the best imo (Mercy & PLTSR). All and all not a bad album but like there are millions of songs that build on the same formula and I was hoping for somethinf more unique like how NMTF sounded at the time.

Yeah, the album might be like repetetive and whatever, but in my opinion the pressure from rca might be the answer. which is weird cuz if they really want her to be mainstream, they should promote it. she barelly get any promo of the album (a few interviews with the magazines, and some livestreams in london). but on the other hand its just might be her wanting to make the album as it is, which is ok cuz not everything that artist does is good and she might surprise us with a good third album. Forever Neverland is in my opinion very nice, i would exclude sun in our eyes cuz it doesnt really fit. but yeah i might get bored of it soon. trying to be good is a nice throwback to nmtf.

You guys are ridiculous. 2.5/5 stars??? Sure the drops get pretty old, but I didn’t feel like they took over the album. The “worst” songs are definitely Nostalgia & Blur (which is a good song until the drop) but even those aren’t horrible, just far from her best.

I think if you add a few of the singles or EP tracks, you’ll enjoy the whole album more. The fantasy themes & soundscapes are beautiful, the lyrics are still really fcking good despite some production choices, & her voice is as beautiful as ever. I would personally give the album a solid 8/10.

My Top 3 :flutter:

If It’s Over

Imaginary Friend

Beautiful Wreck

But I genuinely love most of the tracks. Trying to Be Good & PLTSR are gorgeous. & I really love Way Down & Mercy too. I Want You is formulaic but still a total jam. Y’all are just being too cynical. This album was never going to be NMTF, let it be & judge it on its own merit! :)

Also I ADORE how she made the intro & PLTSR flow into each other. The first time I listened to the album on repeat, I didn’t realize it had started over until Way Down played.

14417469274.gif

Does she still perform Glass at her shows? I could get a ticket to one of the Novermber shows for like 20 bucks but what's the use if she doesn't even do her best song.

:crossed:

well she did in august, not sure if she will in the future though, now that the new album is out

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it