Your Girl Lana

Questions

On 3/8/2021 at 10:17 AM, Clampigirl said:

Does anyone else have problem with the like notifications? When I press on it to see which of my posts a user liked, I always have to go back one page of the thread to find the post?

Unfortunately, this is an issue for just as mods. As we are able to see all hidden posts in a thread, this does adjust page numbers a bit. For example, if a thread has a few hidden posts in it, a standard member may see the thread has 112 pages where we see it as 113. The notification takes you to the page the post is on as seen by all members - but because of our page difference due to hidden posts, it may take you to another page. It's a bit annoying, I know, I'm sorry! I do have a "Hidden Posts" thread in the Staff Section that I sometimes move hidden posts to so that way this little obstacle doesn't happen x

5 hours ago, rockwellfckingnorman said:

anyone else having issues today? :( ive gotten signed out like 3 times and when i go to log back in i get an error code (i do get logged in so it doesnt really matter but)

Some users have reported having issues being automatically signed out while using Chrome and Firefox browsers. I've even experienced it myself. Try clearing your cookies & cache - this seems to be the fix. If this doesn't remedy the problem, please DM my @admin profile so we can discuss further! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Hello, I don't know if this message even belongs in this thread but I didn't know where else I could discuss it. For the last couple days when I get into the web through laptop (won't happen on my phone) it won't stay logged in for some reason. When I first try to log in, it never does. When I try again, it logs in but always shows a message like "Something went wrong - Error 2S119/1", but then I can just be here normally. Is this only happening to me? 

9 hours ago, Roll With me said:

Hello, I don't know if this message even belongs in this thread but I didn't know where else I could discuss it. For the last couple days when I get into the web through laptop (won't happen on my phone) it won't stay logged in for some reason. When I first try to log in, it never does. When I try again, it logs in but always shows a message like "Something went wrong - Error 2S119/1", but then I can just be here normally. Is this only happening to me? 

I'm having the same problem too! @Elle can you please fix it?

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, Roll With me said:

5 hours ago, baddisease said:

I'm having the same problem too! @Elle can you please fix it?

Hi, please clear your cookies, cache, and website data for LanaBoards and then restart your browser to fix the issue! x

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

17 hours ago, Elle said:

Hi, please clear your cookies, cache, and website data for LanaBoards and then restart your browser to fix the issue! x

gotcha! thank you

giphy.gif

@Elle or mods, if i have a big post i'm not finished with yet (like a collection of sorts), is there any way to save it as a draft or post it but only have it visible to me? i'm scared i'm going to lose all my work and have to do it all over again, and i can always save to outside programs and docs but just curious

sUcVobB.png

@honeybadger Hi! Posts automatically save every so often, so if you leave a thread and come back to it & click on the textbox, the last text you typed will automatically be restored. However, I would recommend permanently saving the post somewhere else too just in case, especially if the post is particularly important/lengthy. Also, if you decide to make another post in the thread where your work-in-progress post were to be posted, then it would no longer be saved, unless you repaste the content in the textbox after you make the other post.

So, condensed version: posts do save and restore upon returning to the thread, but I would recommend also saving the post in a word processor or Google docs for double insurance x

@Elle or mods, I made a Chemtrails personality quiz and wanted to share it. If this would make sense, I could make a thread to post the link in where people could post their results, but I’m not 100% sure how or if that’s even allowed. Thank you!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

13 minutes ago, Elle said:

@honeybadger Hi! Posts automatically save every so often, so if you leave a thread and come back to it & click on the textbox, the last text you typed will automatically be restored. However, I would recommend permanently saving the post somewhere else too just in case, especially if the post is particularly important/lengthy. Also, if you decide to make another post in the thread where your work-in-progress post were to be posted, then it would no longer be saved, unless you repaste the content in the textbox after you make the other post.

So, condensed version: posts do save and restore upon returning to the thread, but I would recommend also saving the post in a word processor or Google docs for double insurance x

thank you!!! i'll be sure to save it somewhere else just in case

sUcVobB.png

4 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

@Elle or mods, I made a Chemtrails personality quiz and wanted to share it. If this would make sense, I could make a thread to post the link in where people could post their results, but I’m not 100% sure how or if that’s even allowed. Thank you!

Hi, this sounds fine! I would recommend making this thread in the Games or Lana Thoughts section. After navigating to the desired section, press the "Start New Topic" button to create the topic. You can leave a link of where to take the quiz, and tell users to leave their results below. If you still have confusion about how to create a topic, please DM my @admin account and we can discuss further! x

1 hour ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Is there a reason all the sudden I am getting pop up ads on mobile all the time? This never happened till like three days ago lol 

Same is happening to me. If it's like a thing where there is more ad revenue generated to help run the website or something, then I understand. But if it's random it's annoying

On 3/25/2021 at 10:58 PM, rockwellfckingnorman said:

okay i hope im asking this in the right place but if i wanted to post a folder of all the LDRVillage assets i ripped from the site where shall i post that :nails:

sorry for asking this for a third time :toofunny: @Elle could you help

42 minutes ago, rockwellfckingnorman said:

sorry for asking this for a third time :toofunny: @Elle could you help

Hi, I'm sorry! Maybe in the LDR Village Merch Drop Thread? You would have to upload the folder somewhere else first, but you could certainly post a link to it in there x

@Elle is there any way to resize a photo that has a locked aspect ratio based on the height? on lb itself - not a different image resizing site.

UWHjrp3.png

the height becomes locked right now, but if there's any way to change the height and base the ratio off of that, rather than the width (hope that makes sense) that'd be EXTREMELY helpful and convenient! :kiss2:

sUcVobB.png