NamiraWilhelm

(Actual) Video Games

I have. Loved it and hated it simultaneously. It's an amazing achievement, but fuck it left me exhausted.

I literally thought the game was going to finish when 

Abby lets Ellie live at the end of Seattle

but the fact that it kept on going with relentless emotional scenes I had to take a few breaks. I was clawing at my face during the cut scenes. It might be the greatest narrative based game I've played??

3lfQEhw.png

@@iiPanda YES! I only played Part One last month, and I thought it was great but not really exceptional (not the game's fault - I think it's a product of it's time and the whole 'loss via apocalypse' premise is pretty common now). But I was totally blown away by this game and I liked it a lot more. The narrative is absolutely stunning, the character writing is amazing and I can't believe how they literally get you to empathise with both leads. I literally recoiled in horror when it looked like 

Abby was about strangle Ellie to death and then kill Dina, and when Ellie almost drowned Abby at the end

And yeah, it's scary and sad how much it feels like it could be real. The cruel relentlessness and emptiness that comes with seeking revenge, but maybe even scarier is how selfish human nature is. It made me feel really uneasy with we saw how factions rose up, only to cannibalise each other - I'd like to think humans aren't so selfish but considering this pandemic with basic things like panic buying/hoarding alone, it's pretty scary and grim to predict what might happen in the future . . .

:horror:

The hate it gets yeah, just fragile masculinity shining through as normal - and people bitching that they couldn't play as Joel. The

death of Joel

is so necessary because if it wasn't there the game would be essentially the same as the first time, and the mirrored quest for revenge wouldn't work at all. It's also a fuckin' ballsy move and is amazing how blinded you are trying to get to that end goal. 

3lfQEhw.png

I literally thought the game was going to finish when 

Abby lets Ellie live at the end of Seattle

but the fact that it kept on going with relentless emotional scenes I had to take a few breaks. I was clawing at my face during the cut scenes. It might be the greatest narrative based game I've played??

Yes, it was emotionally draining, which I think was Naughty Dog's goal, they did an amazing work. I feel like it's the best PS4 exclusive and possibly a contender for one of the best games ever. The animations, sound design, attention to detail are unreal. The only thing that really bothered me was the false advertising. Idk how to put the spoiler thing so, spoilers ahead for anyone who hasn't played it. They put fake scenes in the trailer and made us believe Joel was going to be joining Ellie in her revenge/killing spree. I knew Joel was going to die anyways, that wasn't all that surprising. At first I hated Abby but by the end I cared for her and for Lev.

I grew up as a huge Lara Croft/ Tomb Raider fan. Especially the classic games and the unfortunately rushed AoD are games I always come back to.
While I really hated the reboot at first (and still think that the writing in the first part of it is just as bad as the CoCC coverart), I really enjoyed both "Rise" and "Shadow".

Because there is no sign of a new game for that franchise anytime soon (at least not for the PS4), I decided to pick up the Nathan Drake collection during PlayStation sale and - I really enjoy them!

I know I'm super late to the party. I was fascinated by the games when they first came out but never picked them up, because back then the whole firearms-battles-thing was not really something I excelled at lol.

The first "Uncharted" gives me flashbacks to the games I played as a teen and actually aged quite well. It's fun to play a more straightforward Action-Adventure without an open world again. Having played Horizon: Zero Dawn it's really astonishing how far the technology and the design of the environment-animation has progressed.

Really looking forward to play through part 2 and 3 and I'm already contemplating whether I should pick up part 4 and the spin-off afterwards.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

33 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

I grew up as a huge Lara Croft/ Tomb Raider fan. Especially the classic games and the unfortunately rushed AoD are games I always come back to.
While I really hated the reboot at first (and still think that the writing in the first part of it is just as bad as the CoCC coverart), I really enjoyed both "Rise" and "Shadow".

Because there is no sign of a new game for that franchise anytime soon (at least not for the PS4), I decided to pick up the Nathan Drake collection during PlayStation sale and - I really enjoy them!

I know I'm super late to the party. I was fascinated by the games when they first came out but never picked them up, because back then the whole firearms-battles-thing was not really something I excelled at lol.

The first "Uncharted" gives me flashbacks to the games I played as a teen and actually aged quite well. It's fun to play a more straightforward Action-Adventure without an open world again. Having played Horizon: Zero Dawn it's really astonishing how far the technology and the design of the environment-animation has progressed.

Really looking forward to play through part 2 and 3 and I'm already contemplating whether I should pick up part 4 and the spin-off afterwards.

You're in for a treat! 
For me, Uncharted 2 is the most fun to play and Uncharted 4 the best overall (especially storywise)

23 minutes ago, sansafuckingstark said:

You're in for a treat! 
For me, Uncharted 2 is the most fun to play and Uncharted 4 the best overall (especially storywise)

Yeah I remember seeing a lot of positive reviews an intriguing images from Uncharted 2 back in the day and I'm really excited for it. I hope the vehicle-gameplay gets better tough, that jetski from part one was such a mess :toofunny:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Last month I finally built my own gaming computer and I played for the first time The Witcher 3... wow just wow, a masterpiece :crai: Totally reccomended!!

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

hi guys idk if this is a good thread to post this in but does anyone know the best way to go about buying an xbox 360 these days? should I call Best Buy and see if they have used ones or get one from eBay? how much should I pay? 

any advice is much appreciated. I wanna play a game I used to play with my late sister but we gave away our xbox 360, so I need a new one

On 9/1/2020 at 3:49 PM, Mer said:

Anyone play FNAF lmao? Should I make a thread or are we collectively too old for it

Wow, not me seeing this over a year later lmao. I personally love FNAF even though it gets a lot of hate for being cringey and having a predictable storyline. If you like FNAF, you should check out this new indie game called Poppy Playtime. It’s like a better version of FNAF imo. The storyline and gameplay are much better. FNAF is still a classic however :gclap:

giphy.gif 

I almost have the platinum trophy for Horizon: Forbidden West — i think it’s one of my favorites I’ve played in a long long long time tbh 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

On 2/3/2022 at 11:00 AM, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Stupidly excited for Wonderlands!

Big borderlands fan & ever since Tina’s DLC I’ve wanted a whole game - Thanks Gearbox!

:ma:

Another borderlands player! I've been playing Borderlands 2 again coz it's one of my faves, and I cannot wait for TTW. This weekend!!!!!!!