phahad

Television Shows

13 minutes ago, your dealer said:

things i'm watching/ watched in the last couple months:

manifest - a little tacky but it's entertaining and i formed attachments to the characters / binge watched the entire thing 

midnight mass- slow buildup but high quality. very dark and interesting

master chef- a go to when i have nothing to really watch. i love gordon ramsay 

american horror story- really loved the new season!!! great acting and i love frances conroy in this. 

american horror stories- i found quite a few of the episodes really weak and i didn't enjoy the reused concept of murder house but they were entertaining i suppose

pawn stars- another go to, i love old shit / antiques and historical artifacts

mare of easttown- loved this, kate winslet is EXCELLENT. really good acting all around and great story. 

clickbait- i couldn't stop watching this and no one could ever prepare you for the plot twists in this, one of the best i've seen on netflix

hacks- absolutely hilarious, amazing story and really great writing / acting. 

TASTE :trisha:

I haven’t watched Mare of Easttown or Midnight Mass yet but I’m super intrigued by both and have heard great things (esp about mare). Evan Peters and Guy Pearce, together, so much sexy. Hacks is amazing and hilarious 

but you have to try American Crime Story Impeachment, pls I keep trying to get people to watch it and no one has yet and I’m lonely. Also, based on this list it seems like it’d be up your alley

Just now, moonbeam monsoon said:

TASTE :trisha:

I haven’t watched Mare of Easttown or Midnight Mass yet but I’m super intrigued by both and have heard great things (esp about mare). Evan Peters and Guy Pearce, together, so much sexy. Hacks is amazing and hilarious 

but you have to try American Crime Story Impeachment, pls I keep trying to get people to watch it and no one has yet and I’m lonely. Also, based on this list it seems like it’d be up your alley

wait i wanna watch impeachment !! ever since i learnt monica lewinsky is a producer on it, i've been so curious. but it takes me like 24 hours to watch a single episode tho so  

mUENGN9.png

3 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

wait i wanna watch impeachment !! ever since i learnt monica lewinsky is a producer on it, i've been so curious. but it takes me like 24 hours to watch a single episode tho so  

I knowww I can’t sit still for 10 minutes. Impeachment has been the quickest watch for me in a long time and it still takes me like 3 hours. Monica literally went through hell what a gross and fascinating chapter 

I honestly find myself lacking in patience to watch a 20 episode show, so I stick with limited series. Some that I am watching/have watched in the last year are:

- The Morning Show: this show is just so well produced and written. Perfect pacing and really well made. You can really tell this had a budget in the hundred millions, because it’s just perfectly done. 
- Nine Perfect Strangers: great cast. Seemed a little slow at the beginning and rushed at the end. Made me cry tho ngl. 
- White Lotus: God Save Jennifer Coolidge. I hope she finally gets her long awaited Emmy for this role. Connie Britton also is always a great performer. 
- Grace & Frankie: Honestly one of the funniest sitcoms of recent memory.  
- The Good Fight: Mmmm idk. Still waiting for Alicia Florrick to make a comeback as Governor or something tbh. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

6 minutes ago, Mer said:

I honestly find myself lacking in patience to watch a 20 episode show, so I stick with limited series. Some that I am watching/have watched in the last year are:

- The Morning Show: this show is just so well produced and written. Perfect pacing and really well made. You can really tell this had a budget in the hundred millions, because it’s just perfectly done. 
- Nine Perfect Strangers: great cast. Seemed a little slow at the beginning and rushed at the end. Made me cry tho ngl. 
- White Lotus: God Save Jennifer Coolidge. I hope she finally gets her long awaited Emmy for this role. Connie Britton also is always a great performer. 
- Grace & Frankie: Honestly one of the funniest sitcoms of recent memory.  
- The Good Fight: Mmmm idk. Still waiting for Alicia Florrick to make a comeback as Governor or something tbh. 

apple actually built a news studio with all of the correct details / equipment that a real one would have. they definitely spent a TON of money on that show and they're paying the girlies millions per episode. 

faSE.gif

57 minutes ago, missamericatrash said:

My partner n I binged watched a Korean show on Netflix called Squid Game, on the weekend. It's fucked and incredibly violent. I highly recommend if you are into Battle Royale-esque genre

me n my bf finished this last night!!! i can’t believe there might not be a season two 

giphy.gif

recently watched For All Mankind, absolutely phenomenal show which has unfortunately flew under the radar bc it’s an AppleTV exclusive . I’d recommend everyone watch it , it’s renewed for season 3 too .

Just finished midnight mass too , it was good but nothing groundbreaking . 

RVhKIwP.gif

1 hour ago, bigspender said:

me n my bf finished this last night!!! i can’t believe there might not be a season two 

Spoiler

I thought at the end, when Gi-hun went to the 7th floor of that building and met Il-nam on his death bed, Il-nam was going to ask Gi-hun to be the next host for the games. That would have been such a twist, and great entry into a second season!! But the way it ended left some room to speculate a second season! But also sometimes it better to just end a great show where it ends, and not try to drag it out.

2 hours ago, missamericatrash said:

Reveal hidden contents

I thought at the end, when Gi-hun went to the 7th floor of that building and met Il-nam on his death bed, Il-nam was going to ask Gi-hun to be the next host for the games. That would have been such a twist, and great entry into a second season!! But the way it ended left some room to speculate a second season! But also sometimes it better to just end a great show where it ends, and not try to drag it out.

Spoiler

i agree! i just was left wanting to see more. i knew something was up with il-nam when in red light green light, there wasn’t a red or green light around him when the doll would look around. not to mention when he wouldn’t get up and the guards hesitated to shoot him. 

giphy.gif

Trying to watch the new Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin on HBO but like... I loved the og PLL (Aria is and was A btw.:smokes:) (Except the absolute horrendous ending/the last two seasons thar truly ruined it all ofc lol) but this.. ain't it. Have finished the first episode and I just feel like... it's so goofy. Even though it's not meant to be that, at all(?). TOO camp. A parody of itself? :rip: Rewatched the old PLL pilot and THAT's some good shit. Will try to watch some more of the new show tho.

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Sometimes I tend to forget between the rewatches of Pretty Little Liars, how plain CRUEL Alison used to be to others... especially to Toby... (and ofc for fucking blinding Jenna... etc). I feel so sorry for him.:poordat: Just thinking about the scene when Spencer sees him crying on the street basically makes me cry...

Though, Ali was really SUCH a good villain back then. When she stayed dead that is.

And btw I don't care That Toby was "thankful" to Ali for getting him away from Jenna. It was all still so fucked up what she did to him before.

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

rn watching:

–american horror stories (loved the first ep, other 2 eps have been stupid but are a good bathtub watch)

–surface (good psychological suspense/thriller)

–reservation dogs (second season just started, one of the best shows on rn imo)

–loot (cute and fun, love maya rudolph & joel kim booster)

–what we do in the shadows (cute and funny)

–orville (my little brother got me into this one, it's less-good star trek but sometimes v good)

–physical (intense re: eating disorder stuff but SO smart about self-loathing and how it manifests internally, i kind of really love it)

all of these release weekly which i guess is good bc i can't just be binging shit day and night (tho sometimes i do that too)

aOaIzH2.gif