Mileena

The Sims

Ahhh I have NEVER played The Sims on the computer.... only Sims FreePlay on my phone, but it kinda sucks because sometimes I have to wait like a day or something to finish a certain task. I really want to play it on the computer though (actually, I only have my laptop now, will that be good), and can I buy the game online?

SIRENS INTERRUPT THE SILENCE

So this thread is kinda dead so I want to resurrect it (pun intented). 

The amount of elitism im the sims community is ridiculous. I'm a veteran Sims player literally since elementary school but not anything obsessive. I haven't played it since June but then I binge playing. I play The Sims 2 because my laptop is kinda fucked and I enjoy it the most because I can have a shit ton of CC without the game lagging and being slow. Since I'm an older player I grew up loving the realistic grungy aesthetic of the sims. I'm into alpha content (not the creepy tacky one) and full customization of the worlds so Sims 4's style and uncustomizable world makes me sick. 

So, I'm into building a lot more than life mode. I made this cute vinyl/coffee shop in an alpha style. The vinyl records had real album covers  because that's what was available for downloading, but still I used the ones that didn't have photos of real people. The coffee shop part had a menu written in English, so did other signs and he name of the store was in English. That didn't sit right with people and called my lot 'creepy'. What? That's literally how people made before maxis match became popular. I simply don't like my game to look like a bubbly Pixar movie. The majority of games have realistic graphics. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

On 3/20/2021 at 11:44 AM, LanaDelEye said:

Ahhh I have NEVER played The Sims on the computer.... only Sims FreePlay on my phone, but it kinda sucks because sometimes I have to wait like a day or something to finish a certain task. I really want to play it on the computer though (actually, I only have my laptop now, will that be good), and can I buy the game online?

I'm sorry you had to play that poor excuse of a Sims game. You can't buy it anywhere, just download it via torrent. I got it on Games4TheWorld. You have tutorials there and in the files and try to Google whatever you find confusing. You have the updated Ultimate Collection version and the original old version. I have the old version because the UC version is too complicated for me to install. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

i found sims 3 at a thrift store for like two bucks once…. my serve 

but i’ve played sims 4 for a while (i got it for free when EA did that free giveaway on memorial day a few years ago) but really only used it for videos and things :makeup: 

I had no idea there was a sim page! I’m a big simmer! I’ve wasted all my money on every expansion pack since the first. I jump around and still play all of them 1-4. Simmers have come hard for me on Twitter before for defending the sims 4 but I see pro’s and con’s in all of them. I just like the sims at the end of the day 

Just now, dollanganger said:

the high school expansion looks good https://www.kinexnews.in/new-sims-4-high-school-years-everything-you-can-do-in-the-new-expansion-pack/

but my terrible laptop can barely even run the base game. and the camera movement is broken too for some reason which pretty much makes it unplayable :( 💔💔

are you watching the live stream? there are curved walls :defeated:

On 2/11/2022 at 4:21 AM, shady said:

So this thread is kinda dead so I want to resurrect it (pun intented). 

The amount of elitism im the sims community is ridiculous. I'm a veteran Sims player literally since elementary school but not anything obsessive. I haven't played it since June but then I binge playing. I play The Sims 2 because my laptop is kinda fucked and I enjoy it the most because I can have a shit ton of CC without the game lagging and being slow. Since I'm an older player I grew up loving the realistic grungy aesthetic of the sims. I'm into alpha content (not the creepy tacky one) and full customization of the worlds so Sims 4's style and uncustomizable world makes me sick. 

So, I'm into building a lot more than life mode. I made this cute vinyl/coffee shop in an alpha style. The vinyl records had real album covers  because that's what was available for downloading, but still I used the ones that didn't have photos of real people. The coffee shop part had a menu written in English, so did other signs and he name of the store was in English. That didn't sit right with people and called my lot 'creepy'. What? That's literally how people made before maxis match became popular. I simply don't like my game to look like a bubbly Pixar movie. The majority of games have realistic graphics. 

i haven’t played the sims 4 in a while but i actually always preferred the “alpha” style of cc over the “maxis” style, the maxis style is just too cartoony & corny for my tastes, i feel like there’s so much more you could do with the alpha cc

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

7 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i haven’t played the sims 4 in a while but i actually always preferred the “alpha” style of cc over the “maxis” style, the maxis style is just too cartoony & corny for my tastes, i feel like there’s so much more you could do with the alpha cc

while i try to only use maxis match cc to not standout from npc's, i can never resist alpha eyebrows and lashes purinspudding-eyelashes.gif

8 minutes ago, Furor Poeticus said:

We're getting sexual orientations in an upcoming update! :hottie:

I'm very often critical of TS4 but this is an important and welcome feature 

I honestly don't see its usage for me, usually sexual orientation doesn't matter much and you can romance anyone with any sim. I mean, it's good for those who want the representation, but it just makes me wonder if it'll be changing gameplay at all. If not, cool. If so, they can keep it and I'm not updating. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole