Mileena

The Sims

They're going to release the Sims 4 trailer tomorrow. How come this thread is so inactive? I've been freaking out and reading every little news that surfaced. Game pictures leaked some days ago too!

Come and anticipate the new generation of this special game with me, you guys. :flutter: It was about time a new game was announced. I can't be bothered with The Sims 3 anymore, I'll full of it already (and I don't play it 5% of what I played Sims 2).

There's going to be the Gamescom conference tomorrow and we can watch it here. It will start 12:30 CET in the afternoon.

They're going to release the Sims 4 trailer tomorrow. How come this thread is so inactive? I've been freaking out and reading every little news that surfaced. Game pictures leaked some days ago too!

Come and anticipate the new generation of this special game with me, you guys. :flutter: It was about time a new game was announced. I can't be bothered with The Sims 3 anymore, I'll full of it already (and I don't play it 5% of what I played Sims 2).

There's going to be the Gamescom conference tomorrow and we can watch it here. It will start 12:30 CET in the afternoon.

I'm excited! I might get it!

Only played and own sims 2 but never really completed any families lol! But it's still fun but takes up a lot of time you know?

You should post the trailer when it's out, if you see it.

I didn't find it yet

Lol it looks exactly like The Sims 3 just with easier gameplay. I wish they created sth more realistic - like GTA games where you play with a man in first-person camera view (move him with keyboard arrows... u know). But I dont think that many computers could handle that.  :crossed:  They could also connect a few villages together, when u could travel to another one and not be limited just by one city.

lol u can bring on depression by playing a sad song and omg the voodoo, sims 4 is intense

it doesn't rly look too different but i'm still looking forward to it bc i could never rly get into sims 3 and i hope i'll get into this more

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I don't think it sucks at all from what we can see! I think they are doing exactly what should be done to give what the long-time fans need and they're trying not to make the same mistakes they did with Sims 3.

The new game is being developed on "entirely new technology," which means it will probably not have dozens of bugs like the previous one. I guess that a lot of people are kind of shocked because it doesn't feature super-duper-extremely amazing graphics but is this really what people want? At least my opinion is that the gameplay should always be put over terrific graphics (and even if the graphics were much better/innovative, most players would have to buy new computers to play it and would complain about minimum requirements). Sims 3 has better graphics than Sims 2, on the other hand its gameplay sucks. The Sims are just dumb, take hours to do simple actions, not to mention the amount of time they spend just standing still before they really start doing what you told them to. :toofunny: I just can't play it without getting annoyed, hence why I used to spend hours a day playing Sims 2 but I can spend months without even looking at Sims 3.

Even though I wasn't overwhelmed by Sims 4 graphics, it's still better than Sims 3 if you look carefully. The objects, specifically, are much more detailed/sharp and the shadows are precise. I'm so excited. :defeated: And you fellow fans need to be here more often to talk too. :defeated:

omg guys did you see the little hidden messages in the arrival vid? Theres the social bunny (next to claire the bear-maybe?) at 0:27-28, laundry, a bella goth poster at 0:48, the astronaut in space... what if the dog means pets and the rain means weather???  :crying2:  :crying2:  :crying2:

:derpna2:

I always loved The Sims, that game is my childhood.

From my point of view The Sims 3 were not so good. The Sims 2 were perfect, the playability was awesome, and you could make your sims look the way you wanted  through Custom Content. It doesn't matter what I download on The Sims 3, the sims will always look like if they were made from freaking plasticine.

omg guys did you see the little hidden messages in the arrival vid? Theres the social bunny (next to claire the bear-maybe?) at 0:27-28, laundry, a bella goth poster at 0:48, the astronaut in space... what if the dog means pets and the rain means weather???  :crying2:  :crying2:  :crying2:

I noticed all of this except for the pets. But the Bella Goth poster... :defeated: I need the mystery to get solved. :defeated:

I always loved The Sims, that game is my childhood.

From my point of view The Sims 3 were not so good. The Sims 2 were perfect, the playability was awesome, and you could make your sims look the way you wanted  through Custom Content. It doesn't matter what I download on The Sims 3, the sims will always look like if they were made from freaking plasticine.

Bless you, amigo! Perfecto! :flutter:

I noticed all of this except for the pets. But the Bella Goth poster... :defeated: I need the mystery to get solved. :defeated:

nvm no pets, it was confirmed  :defeated:

anyways, seems like we are getting curved walls and im way too obsessed

Snap_20130822_17h21m45s_010_zpsf1803a45.

:derpna2:

GUYS omg I love you.

Honestly, (I've played all 3 plus console versions) I like sims 3 better than 2, because there is more stuff- literally more potential, and there is so much CC- its just too amazing (you can literally find anything). Also, many creators have recreated the 3 starter hoods from Sims 2- some have combined all 3- which I prefer, as the other sims carry on with their lives around you if you only play one family (this feature can be switched off though, if you prefer TS2 style). Plus ancestors of the TS2 sims have popped up in various EPs and store worlds, kind of like little easter eggs for us.

Also, apparently sims 4 is created so it can be played on lower end PCs and Laptops (I'm guessing that's why the graphics are more cartoony)

Finally, I have the Lana motherlode for you:

tumblr_meqlgykic21rhsbvzo1_1280.pngby TS3 Decor Studio

tumblr_mr2sjglfOW1rduk4lo1_r1_1280.png(I know some of you like Marina)

tumblr_mr2sjglfOW1rduk4lo2_r2_1280.pngboth by Simstaplease

Screenshot-656.jpgby Valuka

w-600h-450-2175996.jpg

By PralineSims

Which do you all prefer (I didnt make any of them) ?

High up in the Hollywood hills, Taking violet pills

@ The Marina Sim is the one that looks the most similar to me!

And yesterday a lot of easter eggs have been posted on the Arrival Trailer! It seems that Bella Goth, the Tragic Clown, aspirations, the grilled cheese obsession and something related to outer space are being featured! Till yesterday, only 7 out of 24 easter eggs were made available.

@ The Marina Sim is the one that looks the most similar to me!

And yesterday a lot of easter eggs have been posted on the Arrival Trailer! It seems that Bella Goth, the Tragic Clown, aspirations, the grilled cheese obsession and something related to outer space are being featured! Till yesterday, only 7 out of 24 easter eggs were made available.

lol I meant which of the lana sims look best? I think the last one by PralineSims is best

High up in the Hollywood hills, Taking violet pills

Nice Lizzy, @@Philomene :)

I used to play TS2, then TS3 but once I decided to end it because it stopped being so much fun for me. Well, The Sims 4 will be nothing special IMO, maybe better than The Sims 3 but I don't think I could enjoy it like The Sims or The Sims 2...

And when it comes to TS2, I downloaded its soundtrack, this music is really one of favorites, lol.

And the wind I know it’s cold

Daamn, what's with you people in this thread? :biblio:

I had no idea the TS3 hate was so intense, I loved those games! I loved how you can find those rocks and bugs/butterflies and the ghost interactions were flawless, great expansions packs as well. And the characters just looked so good, the hair coloring was awesome and the whole game flowed so well.

I personally loved it, and I hope 4 will be great too, although I don't see myself spending that much time with a game now, but we'll see :popcorn:

Nice Lizzy, @@Philomene :)

I used to play TS2, then TS3 but once I decided to end it because it stopped being so much fun for me. Well, The Sims 4 will be nothing special IMO, maybe better than The Sims 3 but I don't think I could enjoy it like The Sims or The Sims 2...

And when it comes to TS2, I downloaded its soundtrack, this music is really one of favorites, lol.

I've found someone else who loves the Sims 2 soundtrack just as much as me. :defeated: Seriously, I can't put it into words how special and great these songs sound to me because they remind me of tons of great moments I've had by playing this game, and I still listen to them so often.