Rate Lana Boards

71 members have voted

1. 1. How fast does the site load for you

• Very fast
    • Fast
    • Not slow or fast
    • Slow
    • Very slow
  2. 2. How often is the site down for you? (Please leave comments with more details)

• It's down all the time!
    • It's down sometimes
    • It's only been down once or twice
    • It's never been down!
  3. 3. If we were to add premium membership, would you be interested?

• Yes
    • No

At first I thought I'd find some interesting topics to disuss here (about da queen Lana or else)

MOST OF THE CONTENT HERE IS: "Hey I'm new", "hi", etc

It's a flop    :noparty:

Edit: Thought it was rate it from 1 to 10, sorry, anyways I alrady took the poll   :derpna:

At first I thought I'd find some interesting topics to disuss here (about da queen Lana or else)

Edit: Thought it was rate it from 1 to 10, sorry, anyways I alrady took the poll   :derpna:

You are a flop if u didn't see all the discussion tbh, check your facts. You're welcome  :smokes3:

Love everything but the fact that I'm missing the tinychats is killing me  :icant:

And about the premium membership  :judgingu:

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

slow, it's only been down once or twice,  :lanasrs: please no

You have made 3 posts, I don't think you can really judge yet. The forum has 64,262 posts at the moment, those aren't all from introduction threads. You should maybe read Lanalysis first to get to know something about Lana, her lyrics, her relationships etc first because we talk about that a lot, even outside that thread. We also discuss the latest news about Lana and lately we have talked more and more about current events which can be quite interesting as well. Maybe you should also participate in a Tinychat sometime to get to know some of the users more and to see ataraxia's/Maru's/Billy's sexy face. Most of the topics here are about Lana or offtopic conversation, not just welcoming new members.

Topics to check out:

Lana Thoughts:

Latest News:

Conversation Area:

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

:biblio: can you evolve your thoughts? Interested in listen (actually reading :agree: )

Well, I feel like if I should be spending a large amount of time on a certain website or forum, I should feel welcomed, and really, I don't feel like much of anybody is welcomed here. It feels like Lana Boards is like a community park full of screaming stangers, rather than a close knit community full of gossiping neighbors that a forum should be like. I've noticed that a lot of members think that if they have the wittiest comebacks or scream the loudest or put the biggest amount of Lana GIF's in their post, they automatically are right and everyone else is wrong. 

Don't get me wrong, Lana Boards has some of the best information and gossip on Lana, but I feel like if I were to comment on any of this stuff that floats around the board, it wouldn't really matter because, again, it would just be like whispering my opinion in a loud, crowded park. I get that Lana Boards is a newer forum, so it still needs time to get adjusted, but I feel like even the most prominent members here seem to awkwardly be talking to themselves whenever they post something. I don't know... There's just something odd about the way this forum operates that needs to change before I begin to post full-time, because I would love to join the community as a regular poster...

MkWI4Ns.png

:smokes3: :icant: :oh: :brows3: :pft: :judgingu2: :tsk: :bliss: :awk: :suicide: :runs:

I am correct

you're not helping, salmon

Well, I feel like if I should be spending a large amount of time on a certain website or forum, I should feel welcomed, and really, I don't feel like much of anybody is welcomed here. It feels like Lana Boards is like a community park full of screaming stangers, rather than a close knit community full of gossiping neighbors that a forum should be like. I've noticed that a lot of members think that if they have the wittiest comebacks or scream the loudest or put the biggest amount of Lana GIF's in their post, they automatically are right and everyone else is wrong. 

Don't get me wrong, Lana Boards has some of the best information and gossip on Lana, but I feel like if I were to comment on any of this stuff that floats around the board, it wouldn't really matter because, again, it would just be like whispering my opinion in a loud, crowded park. I get that Lana Boards is a newer forum, so it still needs time to get adjusted, but I feel like even the most prominent members here seem to awkwardly be talking to themselves whenever they post something. I don't know... There's just something odd about the way this forum operates that needs to change before I begin to post full-time, because I would love to join the community as a regular poster...

this only my opinion but i'm happy about every lana fan that chooses to join this community. there are a few members that can get a little too sassy/bitchy/think they're always right but those kinds of people are everywhere. i feel like (at least part of us) are very close-knit. we talk privately, some of us (only aussies to my knowledge) have met up in real life etc. i think joining a tinychat once in a while can really help in being more included in the community because we get to know each other better because it's just 5-10 people involved in a conversation, not 1000.

i think, especially since this is a newer forum, you shouldn't expect everything to become perfect and then join but get involved, give tips for improvement, talk to the members etc. if you have a certain opinion on a subject, maybe respond to another member's post and discuss with them.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

this only my opinion but i'm happy about every lana fan that chooses to join this community. there are a few members that can get a little too sassy/bitchy/think they're always right but those kinds of people are everywhere. i feel like (at least part of us) are very close-knit. we talk privately, some of us (only aussies to my knowledge) have met up in real life etc. i think joining a tinychat once in a while can really help in being more included in the community because we get to know each other better because it's just 5-10 people involved in a conversation, not 1000.

i think, especially since this is a newer forum, you shouldn't expect everything to become perfect and then join but get involved, give tips for improvement, talk to the members etc. if you have a certain opinion on a subject, maybe respond to another member's post and discuss with them.

First of all, thank you for having an actual conversation with me.

So, I think it's great that fans from the forum are becoming friends and are trying to make a close-knit community, but I feel like this shouldn't be limited to just the senior, higher ranking members here. From people with my viewpoint as a very casual poster and someone who is just looking to bounce opinions back and forth about Lana and other topics, the conversations going on through posts in the threads are completely impersonal. Rather, it feels like everybody waits in line, posts their thoughts, and then moves on without any interaction or feedback. Sure, many post don't require feedback or debate or whatnot, but when there comes a time for conversation/debate/feedback, it's like I'm just talking to myself, which obviously isn't very fun. People may be having personal message conversations outside of the threads and becoming great friends, which is awesome, but from a causal visitor here, everything is just very impersonal. That's all I'm trying to point out here. I'm sure this place will flourish with time, because I know that it is a fairly new forum, but as of right now, it's just awkward.

MkWI4Ns.png

First of all, thank you for having an actual conversation with me.

So, I think it's great that fans from the forum are becoming friends and are trying to make a close-knit community, but I feel like this shouldn't be limited to just the senior, higher ranking members here. From people with my viewpoint as a very casual poster and someone who is just looking to bounce opinions back and forth about Lana and other topics, the conversations going on through posts in the threads are completely impersonal. Rather, it feels like everybody waits in line, posts their thoughts, and then moves on without any interaction or feedback. Sure, many post don't require feedback or debate or whatnot, but when there comes a time for conversation/debate/feedback, it's like I'm just talking to myself, which obviously isn't very fun. People may be having personal message conversations outside of the threads and becoming great friends, which is awesome, but from a causal visitor here, everything is just very impersonal. That's all I'm trying to point out here. I'm sure this place will flourish with time, because I know that it is a fairly new forum, but as of right now, it's just awkward.

I think you are right in ways. I feel that the people on here are really nice and yes I really like them all and i want to be besties with them all but I really never talk to anyone outside the posts and it's hard you know because I think of all of you as my friends lol

TZk1z.png

I think you are right in ways. I feel that the people on here are really nice and yes I really like them all and i want to be besties with them all but I really never talk to anyone outside the posts and it's hard you know because I think of all of you as my friends lol

Actually, you are one of the only people here that I feel like I've talked to on a personal level, along with the others in the Collection Thread :)

MkWI4Ns.png

:pft:  you are one of my favorite posters just saying

glgcDdT.gif

Well, I feel like if I should be spending a large amount of time on a certain website or forum, I should feel welcomed, and really, I don't feel like much of anybody is welcomed here.

I aggree that new people probably not feel welcomed here and I totally get what you are saying. But this board has several posters some are welcoming and others not really. Just like any other place I guess. I think some don't understand that to survive and grow the board needs new members to keep it fresh. Also topics to keep you interested since Lana doesn't do much let's face it.

When I started posting I was totally scared of the way people "scream" like you said.  I am quite passionated, not shy at all and I don't scare easily so I only imagine how a shy person must feel being new here.

But at the same time I have met same incredibly nice, interesting people. I learn to choose the ones I would interact. Is the first board I joined so I don't have really any other to compare. But if you give people a chance I garantee you gonna find lots of nice cool people here. A lot more than the screamers. And even between the ones who scream there are a couple who are really nice and very passionated which if you look superficialay can look like they are nasty or something which they are not.

Just look around and you will find tons of nice people that are interesting and worth knowing. Several fabulous people around :thankyou:

It feels like Lana Boards is like a community park full of screaming stangers, rather than a close knit community full of gossiping neighbors that a forum should be like. I've noticed that a lot of members think that if they have the wittiest comebacks or scream the loudest or put the biggest amount of Lana GIF's in their post, they automatically are right and everyone else is wrong. 

I think is interesting and I assume rare a board that discuss/talk/ exchange ideas about subjects as rape, racism, cultural differences, religion, death penalty. I think for a board this one has a very good selection of interesting, smart, cultured people. I think is really interesting and I enjoy this place for reasons that go beyond Lana. I never expected that tbh. But there you go I thought was kind of scary at first but I resisted and I think now I scream sometimes too LOL

The most powerful people I met never scream they speak so low that is almost a wisper ;)

glgcDdT.gif

I aggree that new people probably not feel welcomed here and I totally get what you are saying. But this board has several posters some are welcoming and others not really. Just like any other place I guess. I think some don't understand that to survive and grow the board needs new members to keep it fresh. Also topics to keep you interested since Lana doesn't do much let's face it.

When I started posting I was totally scared of the way people "scream" like you said.  I am quite passionated, not shy at all and I don't scare easily so I only imagine how a shy person must feel being new here.

But at the same time I have met same incredibly nice, interesting people. I learn to choose the ones I would interact. Is the first board I joined so I don't have really any other to compare. But if you give people a chance I garantee you gonna find lots of nice cool people here. A lot more than the screamers. And even between the ones who scream there are a couple who are really nice and very passionated which if you look superficialay can look like they are nasty or something which they are not.

Just look around and you will find tons of nice people that are interesting and worth knowing. Several fabulous people around :thankyou:

I do know there are plenty of nice people here. I've come in contact with some of them around the boards. It's just that the obnoxious and rude people are more prominent here than the nicer people. And on other forums I've been to, they keep the flamebait/rude comments/attitudes down to a lower tone, while some of the senior members here at Lana Boards just endorse it all, like SitarHero has been doing the entire time I've been trying to prove a point. 

Like I said, I know this place will grow and become a nicer place to visit, so I plan on lurking around the boards until that point.

MkWI4Ns.png

No premium membership, please. That could only add to some people's feelings that they are not as important as others here. VIP-exclusive packages on other forums always make me feel like I'm only a second-rate member who hasn't done enough to be fully accepted into the community. 

This topic made me sad because I have never thought of LanaBoards as an unwelcoming place. I agree that it's a forum with a lot of internal jokes and sassy remarkes that take some time to get used to but it's not generally hostile towards new members.  :( 

I can see how it would be hard for new members to feel welcome here sometimes. It's like they have to post a lot right off the bat for people to get to know them well enough to take them seriously. And if a newbie comes in with both barrels blazing, being generally offensive or especially if they're rude to a long-time member, they're really not given much of a chance to redeem themselves. :( I find it disappointing but understandable when regular members react this way. I've been more dismayed when I see mods joining in the piling-on. But usually when that happens, they're reacting to someone who's been truly obnoxious and unwilling to change.

But if more casual new members are finding the atmosphere to be intimidating as well, then maybe it's time for the mods to discuss among themselves how they want to go forward?

That said, I think this fansite does attract more awkward-seeming, stream-of-consciousness conversation than maybe other fansites do. Part of it is that there's so many people involved in the discussion. But part of it is just a personality style too. I think if you give us a chance, you'll see there's an inner logic to some of our responses even if they seem random at first glance :) But if you don't want to have to analyze it that much, and prefer more straight-forward dialogue, I can see how that would be frustrating.

I think other people's comments above are right, that you're going to have a better chance of finding straight-forward dialogue in personal messages one-on-one, or tinychats with fewer people. But I think if you post around LanaBoards long enough, eventually you'll start to feel more at home. I hope so, at least! Remember, just because someone doesn't "like" your post or comment on it directly, that doesn't mean you're not being heard and appreciated. (Sometimes I feel like I have to restrain myself from "liking" everything in sight! :D) There's just a lot going on sometimes.

I hope you'll stick around, Nickster :)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Actually, you are one of the only people here that I feel like I've talked to on a personal level, along with the others in the Collection Thread :)

Same :) I love your blog of unboxes :) it's really helpful :D

:pft:  you are one of my favorite posters just saying

:holla: thank you <3 your one of my favourites too 

TZk1z.png

Guest GhettoDrugStarHooker

I think Lanaboards has changed so much since I have left, like most of my old friends have left or are inactive and as soon as I came back all I see is sarcastic comments in reply to peoples posts and witty remarks which are rude, hurtful and mean. I really loved this forum but It has changed so much and Its many people who feel this way and some people say they gonna leave soon so I really hope it becomes nicer and I can help try make it that way because I don't want all my friends to leave.

Oh and just because this post isnt gramtically correct or expressed cleary, I don't care your not superior to me because you can speak better english and DONT BE RUDE TO ME ABOUT IT.

Oh and just because this post isnt gramtically correct or expressed cleary, I don't care your not superior to me because you can speak better english and DONT BE RUDE TO ME ABOUT IT.

i don't think i have ever seen anyone here corrects another user's grammar or spelling

i don't think i have ever seen anyone here corrects another user's grammar or spelling

Same I  know I spell stuff wrong and use the wrong your all the time no one has ever corrected me 

TZk1z.png