L-ANADELR

Birdy

Today I rode my bike listening to Beautiful Lies, stopped by the beach and just sat there appreciating this beautiful piece of work. The music aged beautifully and it still remains one of the best albums from 2016 and one of the most underrated albums this decade. Sitting there listening to Silhouette and Lifted was an experience, and I love how the songs connect to each other lyrically. Miss Jasmine really is one of the best songwriters of this generation and her talent should be recognized. She's a prodigy!

cowboy3.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I feel like Birdy like many others people is very talented in certain aspects of the song making process (singing, playing) but less in others (song writing) and I wish she had somebody like Billie has Finneas to give her a more marked creative direction

Just now, BluebirdXO said:

Thank you @Dominikx4 for remind me of Birdy's existence

I'm on track 4 of Young Heart and I already want to listen to all the tracks again. The instrumentals are so heavenly :crying2:

ive never really listened to her apart from like 3-4 songs but Young Heart blew me away :defeated:

Voyager & Surrender are my faves

image.png

I'm low-key pissed no one is talking about this album, its so good?! And I really get some Lana/old icons vibes from this album. Especially people who love COCC and NFR would love this album and the ending of River Song sounds very Ultraviolence to me

i always liked birdy, but like not enough to care about her releases, the album is good but i only enjoy it as background music or when im trying to relax, i don't find it very interesting when im paying attention, if that makes sense

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

26 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:

I'm low-key pissed no one is talking about this album, its so good?! And I really get some Lana/old icons vibes from this album. Especially people who love COCC and NFR would love this album and the ending of River Song sounds very Ultraviolence to me

agree. the album is great and imo what COTCC should have been. 

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3260-1375807715-35.

55 minutes ago, partymonster said:

discouraged from listening to her new album bc someone just described it as similar to cocc :( but wings is a classic and ate that coldplay song right up

It's not similar but it is what a lot of people expected COCC to be. Its kinda like NFR meets Folklore/Evermore with hints of Honeymoon orchestra imo. They could all fit in to one playlist