Sign in to follow this  
TIARNZUS

Introducing DEAR LANA - The Lana Del Rey fanbook

awww thats cute. im gonna start using that irl hope u dont mind  :cuteface:

lol feel free i dont mind at all! 

Hopefully she feels the love through these letters. & If y'all don't know what to say, how about you praise her days when she had the gold tooth cap.

this is so sweet  :flutter: I remember how emotional she got in that video when she was in austrailia and that guy gave her a collage book and she wouldnt accept it because it was too nice/ didnt seem to think she deserved it because he had put so much effort and time into it <3  :kiss:

anyway, sending mine, who knows when I'll ever meet her (probably wont happen..)

It's funny, i was just thinking about this the other day and i had an epiphany of sorts. When i sent her a message with a link to the Money Hunny cover i recorded, i addressed her as Lizzy. I'm not sure why i did that, but i didn't give it much thought. I guess i thought it was cute and personal (why did i feel like i needed to be cute and personal?) Since then, for unrelated reasons, i've been thinking about stuff like identity and different trangender issues, and in thinking about some of these things, i suddenly realized that it was in very poor taste to call her Lizzy because it disregards or overrides her decision. It's almost like taking away a person's agency and putting a decision that is not yours in your hands. It's presumptuous and even condescending. I don't think it's really any different than a situation where someone is, say, born female and wishes to be referred to as "he" and not respecting that decision just because the person wasn't born male. She chose the name Lana Del Rey, so i think that decision ought to be respected. It's not our call to address her by anything else.   

Perhaps some of you will think that i'm overthinking this and taking it too seriously, but i just thought i'd pass along my thoughts on the matter because i think it's worth thinking over. For whatever it's worth, i really regret calling her Lizzy.

You're not overthinking it. I've been way too paranoid these last couple of days whether or not I should address it to Elizabeth. But you make a very valid point. Come to think of it, it really does sound kind of disregarding and tacky. The letter was written in a very personal manner and all, but that doesn't change the fact that it is Lana's music we all love and appreciate not "Elizabeth Del Rey's". Although I wouldn't mind addressing it to "Dear Sparkle Jump Rope Queen"  :hooker:

Thanks for the perspective! I changed it to "Dear Lana" :)

EQFO7rX.png

I need to thank her for following me on twitter last april.
I shall write it later.. I also need to take a decent selfie to attach and then edit the uglyness out of it 

Thinking about this.... Is there going to be a birthday fanbook aswell? ;)

Lana.pngAngel-Headed Hipster

Aw thanks, um theres a problem submitting my form though:(

Says the security code is wrong....Im copying it in exactly how it is..

Its saying my name is wrong? -.-

It isnt wrong...

lH7Zs6V.gif      

mine says "There was a error in submitting your form!" :(

That's what you're writing to Lana? It's a little ambiguous but i think she'll like it. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein