LDRO

"Young & Beautiful" - Lead single from The Great Gatsby Soundtrack, OUT NOW!

The only part I don't like is the next lyrics:

All that grace, all that body,

All that face, makes me wanna party.

He’s my sun, he makes me shine,

Like diamonds.

Like, the emotion and the imagery of the last stanza and then...the trite "makes me wanna party" and the awkward "like diahmends." Idk, I adore it but that part just irks me. 

~Sonically~ I like that part, but ~lyrically~ it irks me too.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I like this song because it makes me feel like the whole AKA/Nevada - Born To Die - Paradise era is over and she's ready to move onto another era. It seems like a concluding song because of all of the self references (some of them are kinda reaching but still).

I really like the first part of the bridge "dear lord, when I get to heaven, please let me bring my man .when he comes, tell me that you’ll let him" because it reminds me of "I'm hoping that the gates, they'll tell me that you're mine" lyric from Born to Die.

I dont know. I think it would well fit into Paradise Edition. It can be easily found its outtake of it. I think the stripped-down covers may be more a sign of new era.

I love it, even though I wasn't expecting to. The music, the vocals, everything. This is killing me:

Dear Lord, when I get to heaven,
Please let me bring my man.
When he comes, tell me that you’ll let him in,
Father, tell me if you can.

Like diamonds.

Like, the emotion and the imagery of the last stanza and then...the trite "makes me wanna party" and the awkward "like diahmends." Idk, I adore it but that part just irks me. 

Given that this was written for Gatsby, we must keep in mind that Daisy (the female protagonist) is an incredibly materialistic, shallow woman. The 'diamonds' part really linked this to Daisy. Although I think Baz has taken a different approach with her, making her a poor romantic like Gatsby, the trailer certainly hinted at it.

I love it, even though I wasn't expecting to. The music, the vocals, everything. This is killing me:

Dear Lord, when I get to heaven,
Please let me bring my man.
When he comes, tell me that you’ll let him in,
Father, tell me if you can.

Like diamonds.

"makes me wanna party" is probably my favourite line in the whole song. I think in general people seem to ignore the beauty of simplicity, yes the whole "praying to god to let my bad-boy-boyfriend come to heaven with me it's so pure and pretty" etc thing is definitely nice imagery, while we all wanna go pray for the everlasting souls of our hot bfs, simplying stating that you're so in love you wanna dance is literally more down-to-earth. Idk it's all down to taste (((:

The "like diamonds" line is a weird unsatisfying end to the bridge though, I'll give you that.

i have a tumblr right

here.

So basic, this doesn't sound like lana del rey.

Write more about your opinion. I think the lyrics are messed-up sometime but the sound is quite beautiful and it fits into the movie  which is the most importing thing soundtrack songs should do.

I like this song because it makes me feel like the whole AKA/Nevada - Born To Die - Paradise era is over and she's ready to move onto another era. It seems like a concluding song because of all of the self references (some of them are kinda reaching but still).

I think this song is pretty much in the vein of her upcoming "spiritual" album, at least according to what she said about it. I can see why this didn't fit Paradise after all, in case the song was originally intended for it.

~Sonically~ I like that part, but ~lyrically~ it irks me too.

Oh God [no pun intended], me, too.

Given that this was written for Gatsby, we must keep in mind that Daisy (the female protagonist) is an incredibly materialistic, shallow woman. The 'diamonds' part really linked this to Daisy. Although I think Baz has taken a different approach with her, making her a poor romantic like Gatsby, the trailer certainly hinted at it.

I was thinking it was reflecting Daisy's vapidity and rapid mood swings, but it just seems to be clumsily placed. Maybe it should have been before the "heaven bridge"? It just seemed awkward to have that and then this big orchestral swell.

there is a light & it never goes out

It's really good actually. :crossed:

I really love how the song picks up slowly as it goes on. The way drums come in at the chorus and build throughout the rest of the song. Also, the noise that comes in during the second chorus - the clanging noises. Those really get me into the mood of the song. It's beautiful and I'm glad Lana proved me wrong here. :flutter: 

14417469274.gif

A while ago, I googled this phrase from "Lolita" and stumbled over its Wikipedia page. What she means by that is that she wants to have more and more. Now in "Young and Beautiful" she's had enough. I'm just assuming... 

It sooo matches the mood of summer wine. Maybe releasing it before Y&B was a message from Lana?  :defeated:

1olt2g.jpg

I love how she keeps referencing herself:

"Done it all, had my cake now"
Lolita

"Diamonds, brilliant, and Bel-Air now"
Bel Air

"The way you’d play with me like a child"
American

:defeated:  This version is so much better! Dan Heath you are a god.