LDRO

"Young & Beautiful" - Lead single from The Great Gatsby Soundtrack, OUT NOW!

This orchestral version: great arrangement, bad mix. I'd probably be a little into the song if this was the version, if it was remixed, and if her vocals were processed differently. I can see why they’d want to go with the other version though for the soundtrack/single. I do hope Dan Heath and Rick Nowels are the two main people working with her for the next album because i think they've been doing great work. I’m pretty sure she said this was the case, no? 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

This orchestral version: great arrangement, bad mix. I'd probably be a little into the song if this was the version, if it was remixed, and if her vocals were processed differently. I can see why they’d want to go with the other version though for the soundtrack/single. I do hope Dan Heath and Rick Nowels are the two main people working with her for the next album because i think they've been doing great work. I’m pretty sure she said this was the case, no? 

she said she's been working "with the same three guys", not sure what that means

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Alright, I'm putting on a bulletproof vest now...

This song does nothing for me. There are very few Lana songs that I can listen to without feeling anything at all, and so far this is one of them. As some of you have already pointed out, the lyrics are... meh. But worst of all is the melody! There's no fantasy at all, no little uniqueness that gives the song its own "personality". It's just plain boring. Honestly, it sounds like the melodies that come to my mind on the very few occasions when I play with the thought of writing a song myself, and that's NOT a good thing. Sorry that I can't give any more specific reasons why I dislike it, but I'm not familiar enough with the musical terminology even in my own language. 

I'm also afraid this will enhance her false reputation of being just gloomy and boring..

I sincerely hope that I'm relatively alone on this though. It would be great if Y&B became widely appreciated! And maybe I'm not a completely lost case after all, since I really disliked Cola for quite a long time and now it's one of my top 20 favorite Lana songs.

Do people generally think Adele's Skyfall is subpar from her notable songs? Just wondering. I don't know how to assess Florence, as I'm not as familiar with her work. But I will say her song seemed to be more about her (admittedly awesome) voice than the movie.

I definitely don't think this is the case with Florence. I personally find Over the Love to be her best song. Have you read Gatsby or are you familiar with it? Because while Florence's song definitely showcases her amazing voice, the lyrics are right on point in terms of the movie - it's written from Daisy's point of view. 

14417469274.gif

I actually thought Skyfall was sub par compared to her other efforts, but I seemed to be the only one! Everyone went nuts for that song...

I think it fits Bond theme so well.  :smokeney:

On the subject of Skyfall: I was really surprised by that recording. That’s how i wish Lana’s “big productions” were recorded, produced, and mixed. I hate to use the term because it’s such a cliche, but listen to how warm that production sounds compared to anything Lana has ever recorded. It was recorded at Abbey Road and you can tell instantly that it was recorded at a studio of that caliber. Listen to the piano, the drums, the bass. Listen to the reverb on her vocals. I don’t know the story behind the recording, but i’d bet a lot of cake that you’re hearing the classic Abbey Road echo chamber on those vocals. You hear me bitching all the time about the way they treat Lana’s vocals. Well, here’s a current day example of how i wish they’d handle her vocals.

Play Skyfall and Y&B back to back, ignore the songs themselves (the composition, performance, etc.) and just pay attention only to the sound, the production, the way each instrument sounds and sits in the mix. If you don’t hear a huge difference between the two and how cheap Y&B sounds in comparison, well, i envy you  :P

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Play Skyfall and Y&B back to back, ignore the songs themselves (the composition, performance, etc.) and just pay attention only to the sound, the production, the way each instrument sounds and sits in the mix. If you don’t hear a huge difference between the two and how cheap Y&B sounds in comparison, well, i envy you  :P

I hadn't listened to Skyfall before. Wow are you right, lol. Damn. 

It seriously puts Young & Beautiful to shame.

14417469274.gif

Its fine and I love Lana but Florence has officially snatched her weave and is running with it! :legend:

florence's song sounds pretty much exactly like every other florence song i have ever heard

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I have to admit. I love Young and Beautiful. From the snippets given I didn't except much. The bridge is my favourite part of the song. HOWEVER. Brace yourselves. And you all know you agree with me. I just feel that ever since Paradise, her songs have been lyrically weak, but production-wise have advanced. I just feel every time Lana releases a new song it's going to involve America, parties, riding, paradise, dying etc. I want new lyrics. I could cope with Paradise using the repetition of lines and variations from BTD (as BTD did the same with the unreleased material and the AKA album). But I feel Lana needs to complete her European tour (and American if she does it) and take a bloody rest and seriously think about her music and her lyrics. If we get an album at the end of the year or start of 2014 I won't be anticipating much, as I know lyrically it will not ever be as strong as BTD (and earlier) Rant over. Goodbye  :hottie:

florence's song sounds pretty much exactly like every other florence song i have ever heard

This post is delusional and everyone who liked it is delusional. 

You have obviously not heard more than very few Florence songs then.

Here are five Florence songs that sound nothing like each other. :)

Edit: This post is really sassy, srry. U kno i luv u lola. 

14417469274.gif

FIRST #1 :D

Young and Beautiful

#1 Honduras
#2 Bulgaria
#5 Czech Republic
#6 Singapore
#11 Slovakia
#15 Sweden
#17 Sri Lanka
#19 Malaysia
#21 Greece
#22 Slovakia
#24 Russia
#26 Brazil
#27 Poland
#29 Israel
#29 Italy
#35 Norway
#40 Hong Kong
#40 Indonesia
#40 Ireland
#54 United Kingdom
#54 Spain
#60 France
#60 Thailand
#62 Argentina
#64 Brazil
#66 Turkey
#70 New Zealand
#74 Denmark
#77 Macau
#79 Finland
#80 Netherlands
#82 Turkey
#88 Belgium
#93 Australia
#106 Austria
#120 Bulgaria
#125 Slovenia
#134 Israel
#147 Luxembourg
#155 Malta
#183 Switzerland
#187 Estonia
#191 Nicaragua
#196 Finland
#199 Germany
#211 Chile
#248 South Africa
#294 Paraguay
#329 Hungary

This post is delusional and everyone who liked it is delusional. 

You have obviously not heard more than very few Florence songs then.

Here are five Florence songs that sound nothing like each other. :)

she said that about the songs that she had heard tho haahha