Carmen

Favourite Lana Lyrics

I really, really love the opening lines of BPBP. Easily one of her moet poetic lyrics.

Blue is the color of the planet from the view above

Long live our reign, long live our love

Green is the planet from the eyes of a turtle dove

Till it runs red, runs red with blood

So beautiful :xcry:

I really, really love the opening lines of BPBP. Easily one of her moet poetic lyrics.

Blue is the color of the planet from the view above

Long live our reign, long live our love

Green is the planet from the eyes of a turtle dove

Till it runs red, runs red with blood

So beautiful :xcry:

Same! Tho, as much as I love BP, I kinda wanna know how she was gonna go with the alternate version of the track, the lyrics bout being in yellow sun just won my interest 

UV/Honeymoon

Is it me was I wrong to have trusted you

Did I see what I wanted, what wasn't true?

Was I wrong to go on like a little fool?

It's amazing what women in love will do

Big Eyes is such a haunting and beautiful song. Lana hit it out of the park with a lot of her movie soundtrack songs, I have to say.

Yes yes yes. Big Eyes doesn't get anywhere near as much appreciation as it should. Such a gorgeous song, sonically and lyrically. The way she paints such a vivid picture in the verses. Masterpiece.

ALL of Black Beauty

“He used to call me DN, that stood for deadly nightshade, cause I was filled with poison, but blessed with beauty and rage”

“Will you still love me when I’m no longer young and beautiful, will you still love when I’ve got nothin but my achin soul”

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I was listening to American today, driving back home. The opening lines reminded me of my grandparents house, and the home in the Shades of Cool video, with the rock wall, the wooden overtones, the tiled floors and white fur rug and wide ceiling to floor windows. The smell of cigarette smokes. I'd always imagine it back to when the song starts 

Play house, put your favorite record on
    get down,get your crystal method on
You were like tall, tan, driving round the city
  flirting with the girls cause you're so pretty 

UV/Honeymoon

Lyrics might be appreciated for various reasons, but Get Free illustrates a fair amount of "resonance", meaning you might need to know the history behind some of the lyrics for them to be impactful. BTW, this is not one of my favorite songs from LFL (e.g., I like Change and Heroin more), though I like GF just fine, and it got me very interested in the music of Neil Young (which is no small debt for a song).

As @yevgeniakrasnova (now @veniceglitch) pointed out (which lead me to think about the lyric)
http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/9222-lust-for-life-post-release-thread/?p=524551

The meaning of "out of the black and into the blue" in Get Free is a reversal of Neil Young's classic Hey Hey My My verse "out of the blue and into the black".
Out of the blue
And into the black
They give you this
But you pay for that
And once you're gone
You can never come back
When you're out of the blue
And into the black

LDR, in classic sci-fi fashion, reverses the polarity on the lyric, for a more phoenix-like optimistic statement, countering the live fast/die young aesthetic often attributed to her.

If you listen to HHMM and go to Wikipedia and read about the song, it seems plausibly important to LDR for a number of reasons. The song is about someone who becomes famous and burns out quickly (i.e. possibly dies, though the mention of Johnny Rotten in the song is confusing, as it was Sid Viscious that actually died, so maybe it's about becoming famous and losing relevance).  Lastly (and as they say not least), Neil's HHMM song is also famous for the lyric "Rock and roll is here to stay; It's better to burn out than to fade away", which was partially quoted on Kurt Cobain's suicide note. That Cobain did this (quite understandably) freaked Neil the fuck out.

Today I was thinking about how Ultraviolence is, probably, Lana at her most poet-self if that makes sense. One of her career highlights is, without a doubt, Brooklyn Baby. This verse always gets me no matter how many times I listen to this damn song

They say I'm too young to love you
They say I'm too dumb to see
They judge me like a picture book
By the colors, like they forgot to read
I think we're like fire and water (!)
I think we're like the wind and sea (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
You're burning up, I'm cooling down ( :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny: )
You're up, I'm down (! :crai: ! :crai: ! :crai: ! :crai: ! :crai: )
You're blind, I see ( :icant:  :icant:  :icant:  :icant:  :icant:  :icant:  :icant:  :icant:  :icant:  :icant:  :icant:  :icant: )

BUT I'M FREEEEEEEEEEeEEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeeEE UH HUUUUUUUUUH I'M FREEEEEEEEEE :defeated:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Today I was thinking about how Ultraviolence is, probably, Lana at her most poet-self if that makes sense. One of her career highlights is, without a doubt, Brooklyn Baby. This verse always gets me no matter how many times I listen to this damn song

They say I'm too young to love you
They say I'm too dumb to see
They judge me like a picture book
By the colors, like they forgot to read
I think we're like fire and water (!)
I think we're like the wind and sea (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
You're burning up, I'm cooling down ( :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  )
You're up, I'm down (! :crai: ! :crai: ! :crai: ! :crai: ! :crai: )
You're blind, I see ( :icant:  :icant:  :icant:  :icant:  :icant:  :icant:  :icant:  :icant:  :icant:  :icant:  :icant:  :icant: )

BUT I'M FREEEEEEEEEEeEEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeeEE UH HUUUUUUUUUH I'M FREEEEEEEEEE :defeated:

Queen of mentioning binary oppositions  :crying5:

I would have done incest if you were my brother

Every condom we shared is now just a piece of rubber

At least I have these memories to keep my pussy warm

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I would have done incest if you were my brother

Every condom we shared is now just a piece of rubber

At least I have these memories to keep my pussy warm

:facepalm: 

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.