Amadeus

Florrie

6 hours ago, StationToStation said:

I still don't get why she never released an album and only chose to release singles :deadbanana:. Doesn't she have the budget or record deal for it or something?

It wasn't her choice. She was set to release an album multiple times, but her label wanted a hit out of her to support that album and she was never able to deliver one.

12 hours ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

Any song recommendations?? It’s kinda overwhelming to get into an artist with no albums and dozens of singles. :defeated:

Released:

• Call 911 / Florrie Version (2010)
  • Panic Attack / Fred Falke Version (2010)
  • Introduction EP (2010)
  • Experiments EP (2011)
  • Late EP (2012)
  • Live a Little (2013)
  • Little White Lies (2014)
  • Too Young to Remember / Florrie Remix (2015)
  • Borderline (2019)
  • Unstable (2019)
  • Hell or High Water (2020)
  • Garden (2021)
  • Hours (2021)
  • Walk Away (2021)

Unreleased:

• Call 911 (2010)
  • Panic Attack (2010)
  • Galaxies (2014)
  • Turn the World Upside Down (2014)
  • Looking for Love In the Wrong Place (2014)
  • Last Thing on Your List (2014)
  • Stupid Boy (2014)
  • Get You Good (2016)
  • Hungry Like a Wolf (2016)

This is what I like the most from her discography. It's true she has no albums yet, but with the amount of material, she could have three as of now: Introduction (EP + leftovers), Experiments + Late and Little White Lies (Sirens EP, singles and leftover tracks). Now that I look into that list, I think I like most of her output - and I still like what I didn't include here.

Spoiler

DMs are open if you need anything.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Florrie released another single titled Communicate. That would be her 10th standalone single in a row since 2019, and I feel this will be her last from the "singles era" she's been doing since Borderline, so it felt right to compile all of these in an album (finally!). Also she's said in the last few Q&A's that she is working on an ACTUAL album but no further details... maybe she's coming with one for real this time? :dua: 

Anyways, here is my idea for the singles album:

florrie-utopia.png

1. Garden
  2. Butterflies
  3. Street Lights
  4. Communicate
  5. Hell or High Water
  6. Borderline
  7. Hours
  8. Human
  9. Unstable
  10. Walk Away

Made it a list in Spotify so y'all can stream it here: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3thF2EBTDjW7LAdk7pyztX?si=bf1cb5a651254bc3

The intro of Communicate sounds very Taylor Swift to me. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 hour ago, EXODUS said:

The intro of Communicate sounds very Taylor Swift to me. 

Kinda reminds me of Delicate, but it doesn't bother me? Instead, I liked it a lot :true: 

I believe she can make a full studio album now - as opposite to some years ago. Hopefully she comes through :angie: 

2 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Kinda reminds me of Delicate, but it doesn't bother me? Instead, I liked it a lot :true: 

I believe she can make a full studio album now - as opposite to some years ago. Hopefully she comes through :angie: 

I hope so! And I hope she returns to her more electronic sound from Experiments and Late 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

3 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

all the singles she dropped would have made an album by now but for some reason putting them all together and releasing them all at once is too difficult a task for her

On 10/29/2021 at 1:32 PM, Glitter Boy said:

Florrie released another single titled Communicate. That would be her 10th standalone single in a row since 2019, and I feel this will be her last from the "singles era" she's been doing since Borderline, so it felt right to compile all of these in an album (finally!). Also she's said in the last few Q&A's that she is working on an ACTUAL album but no further details... maybe she's coming with one for real this time? :dua: 

Anyways, here is my idea for the singles album:

florrie-utopia.png

1. Garden
  2. Butterflies
  3. Street Lights
  4. Communicate
  5. Hell or High Water
  6. Borderline
  7. Hours
  8. Human
  9. Unstable
  10. Walk Away

Made it a list in Spotify so y'all can stream it here: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3thF2EBTDjW7LAdk7pyztX?si=bf1cb5a651254bc3

love this !! still hoping she's able to release Looking For Love In The Wrong Place / Galaxies / Stupid Boy / Last Thing On Your List one day <3

1 hour ago, sxcx said:

love this !! still hoping she's able to release Looking For Love In The Wrong Place / Galaxies / Stupid Boy / Last Thing On Your List one day <3

Thanks!

I'd love her to drop those songs - but not as part of any new project. I feel them very attached to the Little White Lies era for some reason.

It would be really great if she just drop them every 3-4 weeks as singles before starting promotion for her next project, which is most likely an album next year.

20 minutes ago, Shanice Jones said:

Our girl released a new song, What If I'm Wrong, is this a standalone single or the lead of a new album?

Most likely not. She said it was still part of the same sessions as the singles from last year. In case she is considering WIIW for an album, she most likely will pick a couple more from 2021 too. But I think we haven't seen a lead single yet if I'm honest.

But I like the song! Feels very cohesive with those from last year.

Okay so I've been checking Florrie's medias and today she shared this on her InstaStories!

2022-ALBUM-PRE-ANNOUNCEMENT.png

This question is very frequent, and all she did before was saying "I'm working on it", but this is the first time she addresses it more... in detail? And for what it seems, we haven't heard any song from the album yet so I'd safely say none of the singles she's released in the last two years are making it into the tracklist. I'm excited!

I don't think she's made a (pre)announcement like this ever since I got into her in like 2017. I'm glad an album is now a big possibility.

9 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Okay so I've been checking Florrie's medias and today she shared this on her InstaStories!

2022-ALBUM-PRE-ANNOUNCEMENT.png

This question is very frequent, and all she did before was saying "I'm working on it", but this is the first time she addresses it more... in detail? And for what it seems, we haven't heard any song from the album yet so I'd safely say none of the singles she's released in the last two years are making it into the tracklist. I'm excited!

I don't think she's made a (pre)announcement like this ever since I got into her in like 2017. I'm glad an album is now a big possibility.

Wow, I really thought she had given up on releasing a full album. I'm happy we are getting finally something. 

Ahhhhh she just announced on InstaStories that the album will have 12 tracks and that she is in the process of mixing! :beyonce: 

I can be the last gay on this planet to believe her but I'm truly happy rn :angie: 

Feel like a paparazzi checking her every move on socials but she replied :excited: 

MIDDLE8-IDEA-REPLY-OG-STORY.png

MIDDLE8-IDEA-REPLY.png

If she is contemplating middle 8s/bridges, I'm assuming the songs will be at least around 3 minutes and not shorter. Phew, 'cause everyone is falling for the 2-min TikTok songs trend...

Cool, I'm carrying this thread by myself but I'm really happy with doing so.

Apparently we have a title and a possible date!!

Right now it's called Paradise, though she refers to it as a 'working title'. I like that idea, wouldn't mind if it ends up being the final title tbh. AND we can find that there is a deadline fixed for September 26, which I guess is when she has to deliver the album to distributors (not to a label as she's independent so cheers). I'm thinking of a late October-mid November release window...

AUG-31-2022-ALBUM-TITLE.png

I lowkey feel like I've been bullying her into making this album but also she seems very happy with it so I don't mind if I keep asking her about it :true: hope she doesn't mind either :thumb2: 

On 8/31/2022 at 4:03 PM, Glitter Boy said:

Cool, I'm carrying this thread by myself but I'm really happy with doing so.

Apparently we have a title and a possible date!!

Right now it's called Paradise, though she refers to it as a 'working title'. I like that idea, wouldn't mind if it ends up being the final title tbh. AND we can find that there is a deadline fixed for September 26, which I guess is when she has to deliver the album to distributors (not to a label as she's independent so cheers). I'm thinking of a late October-mid November release window...

AUG-31-2022-ALBUM-TITLE.png

I lowkey feel like I've been bullying her into making this album but also she seems very happy with it so I don't mind if I keep asking her about it :true: hope she doesn't mind either :thumb2: 

thanks for the update, I'm so excited to finally have an album from her! do we know if the album will be consistent with the sound of the singles she's been putting out or is it going to be something more pop?

1 minute ago, sxcx said:

thanks for the update, I'm so excited to finally have an album from her! do we know if the album will be consistent with the sound of the singles she's been putting out or is it going to be something more pop?

I don't really know... I'd say she's going for songs similar to Street Lights, Human, Walk Away, Hours... I'm honestly perfectly fine with an album full of midtempo pop bops tbh :true: 

I'll keep an eye open to see if she updates on that as well!