15 hours ago, 111 said:

worms

hungry like a wolf and I want it right now
I need you close and I'm hunting you down
I feel your heart beat right under your skin
I'm closing in
oh, you're making me howl

:defeated::defeated::defeated:

She went from some of the most interesting pop songs in years (when pop stars were making basic af bops) and releasing them in her four EPs... And then she went full basic indie pop. 

I miss Florrie so much, she was a bop genius. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

On 9/2/2022 at 4:55 PM, Kid Krow said:

hungry like a wolf still remains her best song ever :hooker:

Hungry Like a Wolf is fantastic, but when Galaxies, Stupid Boy, Experimenting with Rugs, I Took a Little Something and Give Me Your Love, etc. are right there, I find it difficult to put HLAW in my top 10 tbh :true: 

23 hours ago, EXODUS said:

She went from some of the most interesting pop songs in years (when pop stars were making basic af bops) and releasing them in her four EPs... And then she went full basic indie pop. 

I miss Florrie so much, she was a bop genius. 

She still is imo :dua: while they haven't reached the heights of her early career, Street Lights, Walk Away and Communicate are such serves. Better than many mainstream girlies right now :true: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

@Glitter Boy I really wish I felt that way :(

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Well to me it's just karma, back in 2008 Florrie and Jessie Malakouti (now Eden Xo) were signed to Xenomania but Florrie as a drummer and Jessie as a writer and act, supposedly Florrie started hooking up with Brian Higgins which led her being a priority at the label, you can see in these videos how it happened lol, the characters are called 'RYAN' and 'LAURIE', also Jessie confirmed the song 'Money Makes the Girl Go Round' to be about Florrie

Okay so about a month ago was apparently the time she had as deadline for the album so I'm assuming it shouldn't take longer. + she released "Falling Back to You" as a single but it's not in the album because it was scrapped but she really liked it so she dropped it as a standalone single! Considering it's not in the album, I compiled all of her 2019-2022 singles since Borderline trying to make them flow nicely (some are too slow compared to the others) so this is a sort of proto-album before the actual album, coming most likely early 2023. (I really need an update tho, she's been silent - I hope it's because she's insanely working on finishing the damn record.)

1. Garden
  2. Falling Back to You
  3. Butterflies
  4. Street Lights
  5. Communicate
  6. Hell or High Water
  7. Hours
  8. Human
  9. Unstable
  10. What If I'm Wrong
  11. Walk Away
  12. Borderline

1 minute ago, Glitter Boy said:

Okay so about a month ago was apparently the time she had as deadline for the album so I'm assuming it shouldn't take longer. + she released "Falling Back to You" as a single but it's not in the album because it was scrapped but she really liked it so she dropped it as a standalone single! Considering it's not in the album, I compiled all of her 2019-2022 singles since Borderline trying to make them flow nicely (some are too slow compared to the others) so this is a sort of proto-album before the actual album, coming most likely early 2023. (I really need an update tho, she's been silent - I hope it's because she's insanely working on finishing the damn record.)

1. Garden
  2. Falling Back to You
  3. Butterflies
  4. Street Lights
  5. Communicate
  6. Hell or High Water
  7. Hours
  8. Human
  9. Unstable
  10. What If I'm Wrong
  11. Walk Away
  12. Borderline

Borderline, Unstable, Hell or High Water and Butterflies seemed to be part of an scrapped EP (?) (judging by the artworks)

well-so-im-done.gif

2 minutes ago, Mountain said:

Borderline, Unstable, Hell or High Water and Butterflies seemed to be part of an scrapped EP (?) (judging by the artworks)

ikr? however she never mentioned a bigger project. all were released around 6 months apart from each other, very randomly like, 'oh, here you have another song. this is how i've been feeling recently' and that was it. but afaik/as far as she revealed, no bigger project was planned :noparty: 

9 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

ikr? however she never mentioned a bigger project. all were released around 6 months apart from each other, very randomly like, 'oh, here you have another song. this is how i've been feeling recently' and that was it. but afaik/as far as she revealed, no bigger project was planned :noparty: 

The fact that we've been waiting for a debut album since 2009...

well-so-im-done.gif

3 minutes ago, Mountain said:

The fact that we've been waiting for a debut album since 2009...

right? i'm going to believe her this time and think that it's coming. but if it doesn't come in 2023 i'll just give up and accept she's a single/EP artist only (which is not bad! just keep it constant like in the last couple years)

I gave up on her releasing an album. 

She just doesn't care anymore. 

Well, apparently she hasn't forgotten about the album! Today she posted she will listen to the mixes for the album so I sense the beginning of the era not too far from here. Will post any updates for anyone who cares. Hopefully an announcement is on the horizon :pray2: 

A few days ago, Florrie posted on her InstaStories that she would be re-recording a (1) song from her old EPs to include in the new album, and asked us which we thought was going to be.

Today, she posted a video of herself re-recording vocals for "I'm Gonna Get You Back" from her 2012 EP Late. Tbh it's one of my all-time Florrie favourites so I can't be happier about it! Hopefully it makes the cut for the album.

Tbh I thought it would be either "Give Me Your Love", "Left Too Late" or "I Took a Little Something" due to popularity among fans, but the former two already received a little retouch back in 2014 so they were unlikely. I'm glad she's taking one of those to put in the album, but I just hope it's at least 12 tracks long. 11 new ones + IGGYB would be stellar.

Lmao let me get this thread back from the dead.

She just released a new song, Personal. It's quite good, and it comes as a compilation with all the singles from 2019-2022 (Personal is the only song she shared this year), sans Butterflies - apparently she doesn't love it.

Cool thing is that this is not her debut album (yet, it's just hilarious at this point), though I'm glad we can finally find a sort of album in her streaming catalog. She said her actual album is scheduled for "early next year" so I'm assumming Spring 2024 is realistic. Tbh she's been able to keep a constant audience since 2021 to now, and that's good news for the era, so let's hope for the lead single really soon I guess? :flutter: 

BONUS NOTE - I just checked her Instastories and she shared a question she was asked - how many songs are in the album. She said 12, and shared a screenshot which seemingly appears to reveal the album is mastered and there could be chances it's scheduled for March (between the crossed out lines, something appears to be a date starting with a 3 so maybe month?, and then the word March appears completely so idk). Fingers crossed.

https://i.ibb.co/XtbdSvJ/DEC-09-2023-TRACKS-IN-ALBUM-POSSIBLE-DATE.png

(it doesn't embed but it's a screenshot)

It's finally happening! She just posted a snippet of a MV with a teaser for the track, and she says the proper lead single of her upcoming album is coming next month. The teaser sounds dreamy :flutter: 

No pre-save link yet but it must be a matter of days.