Trinity

Misheard Lana Lyrics

i thought she was saying "talk like a baby 'cause i'm so a lady" in because of you but it turns out she might be saying "talk like a baby 'cause i'm so elated" :judgingu: it doesn't even sound like something she'd say? honestly you can't really tell for sure what it is

WGe8ynS.gif

In White Dress, I thought she sang…

“‘I would still go back if I could do it all again,’ I thought.

I always thought it was funny since WD follows up NFR’s closer hope annd its, “I got to thinking that I thought.”

I really was like..damn, she’s still thinking about thinking huh:true: (all love though: they’re my favs on their respective records)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Just now, honeybadger said:

wait ... is it not this?safetyncts-tulla.gif

Apparently the “I thought” is “I’d fly”:bebe:

apparently I listened to that song over 1,000 times in 2021 and never caught it somehow..I still hear “thought” sometimes:prettyhurts:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

9 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Apparently the “I thought” is “I’d fly”:bebe:

apparently I listened to that song over 1,000 times in 2021 and never caught it somehow..I still hear “thought” sometimes:prettyhurts:

now that you mention it i kind of hear it... but i feel like "i thought" makes more sense and i like it better :prettyhurts: 

plus lyrics are printed on the cotcc physicals and it says "i thought", her printed lyrics have been wrong before i think, but i think they're correct in this case.. hopefully ... although there is a typo in a different spot in the white dress lyrics LMFAO

sUcVobB.png

1 minute ago, honeybadger said:

plus lyrics are printed on the cotcc physicals and it says "i thought", her printed lyrics have been wrong before i think, but i think they're correct in this case.. hopefully ...

Omg I hope so too! Maybe I’ve just been told wrong about “I’d fly”? 

I really hope it’s “I thought” because I’ve been singing that for so long:um2:

Sylvia Plath 

FOR THE LONGEST TIME IN NATIONAL ANTHEM I THOUGHT SHE WAS SAYING “KEEP ME SAFE IN HIS WEALTH” (original: keep me safe in his bell tower hotel) 

also when i first heard trash magic i thought she was saying “boy you know that I have really never loved nobody, fuck you

cjRjPWT.gif          QODlvVl.gif.     

2 hours ago, lilac heaven said:

i just learned right now that at the end of Arcadia she’s saying “western belt” not “western-bound” :bebe:

Belt?????

…I’m in shock reading this…

Sylvia Plath 

I initially thought for like a year or so that Bel Air went:

"I don't have roses. I can't exalt." instead of "Idol of roses, iconic soul."

Apparently I didn't think that her singing just one word with a British accent was an issue

in cherry I thought the lyrics were “can i get a fuckin hallelujah i’ve been working on ya like i’m back in school”

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

For the longest time I thought she was singing it as, "I heard that you like the bad girls' honey. Is that true?" instead of "I heard that you like the bad girls. Honey, is that true?"

This one line always confused me because it seemed a bit...imaginative compared to the other lyrics

I can Jimmy your coco puff

In “Cola”, for the longest time I heard “Javi” (pronounced “ha-vee” - a nickname for guys named Javier) instead of the other name. I didn’t know the actual lyric until metoo and the explanation as to why she changed/stopped singing this song. I never really bothered to read the lyrics. It’s  “Ah, he’s in the sky…” now, but I still keep hearing Javi. 

:sluttybunny:🌧️

On 2/13/2023 at 4:04 AM, violentvioletsky said:

In Carmen I always heard party girl tonight, she’s still shining like lighting 

But instead its audio tune lies???? :judgingu3:

i thought she was saying "buy her tonight" for the past 8 years... what the