Trinity

Misheard Lana Lyrics

When I first bought btd, in without you I thought it was 'I love beeeeiiiing without you' which completely defeats the point of the song.

Then although I assumed it couldn't have been, on the bridge of TIWMUG I heard 'like a ton/tin of whales jumpin' on the train platform, crying cos they know I'm never comin' back' which it sounds nothing like but once I heard it, I always did.

There's loads more but I can't think of any more!

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

"Ridin' his white pony named Kevin"

This is good, omg  :omfg2:

Uhm, until yesterday I was convinced that she's singing "This drunken beer reminder" in back to the basics and I don't know if that even makes sense  :toofunny: Always a shock when I realize that I sung crap all the time  :ohno:

I misheard so many of her lyrics...and I think I still do in some of her songs. :toofunny:

My version of OTTR:

"...He loves me with every beat of his cooking heart

Swimming pool glimmering darling

wiping keening off my red nail polish

watch me in the swimming pool

bright blue ripple suit..."

:facepalm:

First time I heard 'wiping skeet off my red nail polish' :facepalm: wtf is wrong with me? Either I'm psychotic or Lana likes giving handjobs :creepna:

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Listen to Cola live. She sings Harveys and I come alive alive

btw I always thought in Carmen she sang "she gives em butterflies, but too coco-something" 

in BTD "is it by mistake or desire" and when she says "sometimes love" I thought "SantaClaus"

let the light in, it's a cruel world

I know Blue Velvet isn't Lana's song, but I always hear "satin" as "Saturn" because of the way she pronounces it. And she talks about stars in the next line.

In Blue Jeans: We were dancin' on ice. I was like, how can they dance on ice? :D

yeah I heard that too and I thought that It's a metaphor of doing something dangerous  :facepalm:

Ah, he's in the sky.

Take your frustration to the Lanalysis thread hun. That's where the idea originated. :hooker:

Old but no no no, anyone saying Harvey Weinstein was just joking.

The revival tho :lolliney:

"National Anthem [Demos]"
After Lana says, "Um, do you think you'll buy me lots of diamonds?" I used to think the guy said,
"Yes, and also, a gun."

Finding out that it was actually "Yes, of course I will, my darling," was a bittersweet experience.

"Boarding School"

I thought it was "You're crashing on Wall Street while I'm blowing a passive singer." :brows:

Sometimes I like to still convince myself that Lana says that.

"Ride"
I hear "You can be my photon, daddy, white and gold," though it seems it's definitely "full-time daddy," photon just seems so right to me.

"Summer of Sam"
I used to hear, "Baby, I'm a ten-minute girl."

"Radio"
I still hear "Wake me up and take me like a vitamin," every now and again.

I'm sure I've misheard other lyrics, as well, but those are the only ones I can recall.

In Blue Jeans: We were dancin' on ice. I was like, how can they dance on ice? :D

yeah I heard that too and I thought that It's a metaphor of doing something dangerous   :facepalm:

i always thought that are the actual lyrics... :ashamed: 

"National Anthem [Demo]"

After Lana says, "Um, do you think you'll buy me lots of diamonds?" I used to think the guy said,

"Yes, and also, a gun."

Finding out that it was actually "Yes, of course I will, my darling," was a bittersweet experience.

i thought it's "Yes, of course i brought my/bought a gun" and that fits so much in the song and now i'm just disappointed.

i76mrxw.png 

Isn't a lyric so I'm not sure if this goes in here or anywhere else but when my friend was telling me about Lana, she said she had "heard" her "real" name was actually Lana Delboy Reymond... :omfg2: :omfg2: :omfg2:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

I just listened to Velvet Crowbar for the first time in a long while and I realized I mishears TONS of lyrics in this song. Here we go:

"My baby's on his eight leg darling" How the hell does someone have eight legs? I don't know. Unless they are an octopus.

"Always on the run" Not a hard mix-up.

"Burned yourself out, nothin' less" Again, not a very hard mix-up.

"I pray you'll stop breathing" I kind of lost respect for Lana when I thought it was this. That was a long time ago, haha.

~St. Tropez~

Kissing on your white yacht,

Show me what you got-got,

Play your little rock 'n' roll,

On an island hop stop,

Maybe we should dot, dot, dot...

Lose control..

I've been hearing that sentence as "I'm an Ellen hipster"  :hdu:  :ohno:  :toofunny:

EQFO7rX.png