Hello Heaven

The J-Pop Thread

On the subject of Kyary, yeah she's good, but her second album is nowhere near as good as her first.

Even as a die hard fan, I have to agree.

Nanda collection was rushed as hell, barely any new album songs, and even all of those kinda sucked (Saigo no Ice Cream is pretty good though).

Just overall it was really rushed by her company. 

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

Aw I'm happy to come across this thread! There isn't a specific J-Pop singer that I'm a dedicated fan of (though I've loved artists such as BoA, Do As Infinity and Anna Tsuchiya) but there have been plenty of beautiful songs which give me life  :hooker: 

Anyway, my friend sent me this song today that I haven't heard of before, but it (along with the video) really took me back in time. More innocent and when I thought I knew it all when really I hadn't a clue  :flutter:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55OJBNPbJRQ[/media]

The way there hasn’t been a comment here in over 2 years omg?

Anyway Ive been listening to a lot of Seiko Oomori, Hikaru Utada, Sheena Ringo, Namie Amuro, Ayumi Hamasaki, and Asobi Seksu. I have so many albums and artists on my jpop list to listen to, but i’m excited to do discography dives and get invested! I already entirely prefer J-Pop to K-Pop, as there is literally no room for artistic integrity or any artistry in general in K-Pop, it’s become so manufactured…

edit: oh and i LOVE perfume. they are what kpop idols should base themselves on… truly pop perfection

Listening to Ayu's new album, and I'm four songs in... They feel overproduced, and I'm not feeling all the synths. I'm not sure if I want to listen to the full album to be honest. No, I'm sure I don't want to. I'll let this track finish and then hop into the shower. Kinda sad about it since there's rumors this will be her last album due to hearing loss. :(

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png