liam

Game of Thrones

Started re-watching the series like a month ago and 'm on the final season. It isn't really as bad as I thought, but then again, still just on the second ep. I do really think they've messed Tyrion up, or maybe just used that to really flaw Dany. Jon still annoys me and so fucking much does Bran- 

I mean, it is as bad, half of the seasons is just boring buildup that goes nowhere (see the first two episodes) and when they do go somewhere they fuck it up completely...

The main problem IMO is that they decided to leave to Cersei the last battle when in reality her story arc was already over after the death of Tommen and the only reason she kept on living was basically plot armour, which I don't think is that bad because I would've LOVED to see Arya kill Jaime and then, with his mask, strangle her, or sumn, but this meant that they had to get rid of the bigger menace first and then depower Dany to make Cersei look like she had a chance, which she never had...

But what's worst I think is that they willingly subverted the plot to shock the fans but this backfired because obviously prophecies are meant to be fullfilled not destroyed because then what's the point?

I mean, it is as bad, half of the seasons is just boring buildup that goes nowhere (see the first two episodes) and when they do go somewhere they fuck it up completely...

The main problem IMO is that they decided to leave to Cersei the last battle when in reality her story arc was already over after the death of Tommen and the only reason she kept on living was basically plot armour, which I don't think is that bad because I would've LOVED to see Arya kill Jaime and then, with his mask, strangle her, or sumn, but this meant that they had to get rid of the bigger menace first and then depower Dany to make Cersei look like she had a chance, which she never had...

But what's worst I think is that they willingly subverted the plot to shock the fans but this backfired because obviously prophecies are meant to be fullfilled not destroyed because then what's the point?

Mm. Ur opening my eyes more to this, and it's honestly frustrating. Like I'm irritating-edly grateful LOOL but u do have a point on there. They veined it more on the politics nd ideals of things, which, imo was a nice nod to the socio-political veils of the show, so that was nice, but they could've just done so much better. 

Something to b grateful for at least, was or how the show really set up abrupt deaths that kinda ricocheted thru the seasons for suspense dosage, that and production value. Does it make up for how the last few seasons steeped in lack? Nopeeee, but I kinda made a consideration of peace towards it .

Arya's storyline could've been used so MUCH more- nd I get Jaime's death, but I think the producers really just boomerang'ed him back, making such a disappointing arc, prophecy? a very loose de fersure. Slightly off topic, Rhaegal really shouldn't've died like that 

UV/Honeymoon

Blood Moon is confirmed title of The Long Night prequel series... I like the name but not for the ASOIAF universe. It just reminds me of something basic and supernatural like werewolves and vampires and spirits. But since George wrote it, it must have some good meaning.

I'm actually really keen for this spinoff. I might even stan harder than GOT

Bold of me to keep posting in this thread.....

But for anyone who hasn't read the books (or just wants a refresher), here is a good series that goes through all of Danys chapters in order, describing everything. It's very clearly spoken and I definitely reccommend if you want know the difference between the show and the books in a concise order .

There's 7 parts and here is the first

House of the Dragon is off to a good start. My only « problem » is the opening sequence. I don’t know if there is something else that is planned for the next episodes other than the Targaryen crest. GoT opening sequence was epic from the start and I kinda miss that. the score, however, is as brilliant as GoT (thanks to Ramin Djawadi). 

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

House of the Dragon is off to a good start. My only « problem » is the opening sequence. I don’t know if there is something else that is planned for the next episodes other than the Targaryen crest. GoT opening sequence was epic from the start and I kinda miss that. the score, however, is as brilliant as GoT (thanks to Ramin Djawadi). 

Agreed about all of this. I was pleasantly surprised by the episode and I'm looking forward to more of this.

Side note though, why are the wigs awful this time around. The Targaryen wigs are not it—

9 hours ago, West Coast said:

Agreed about all of this. I was pleasantly surprised by the episode and I'm looking forward to more of this.

Side note though, why are the wigs awful this time around. The Targaryen wigs are not it—

I actually thought the wigs were good (or not that bad) this time around, as in « it’s not just one wig for every Targaryen male in the whole GoT series ». Daemon’s reminded of Lord of the Rings’s. The women have better wigs though (I really like Rhaenys’s).