teethclick

Björk

On 11/16/2021 at 6:03 AM, Veinsineon said:

Why do people hate on Debut so heavy? That is my fav björk record and in my opinion, truly her most astounding work. Human Behavior, Venus, Like Someone, Theres More To Life, THE LIST GOES ON!?l!!!

I don't hate it, it was my introduction to Björk and I still play it more often than other albums of hers. But it fell down of the Top 3 after I discovered Vulnicura, Homogenic and Biophilia.

But thanks for reminding me its existence, now lemme go and play it :bop: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 hours ago, Volta said:

Happy birthday to one of Björk’s best works, Utopia! sGUajDV.jpg

Ugh I hate it's mastering and mixing so much, but I like it a lot, not as much as her other albums. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

35 minutes ago, Mermaid Hotel said:

Crazy how someone wished Utopia a happy birthday now it's all crickets  :bye:

Ypq2DBg.png

The album really has some gems (Arisen, Sue Me,, Losss, Saint, Courtship) but sadly EVERY single track suffers from an awful mixing and therefore a bad mastering.

If you guys have ever heard the tracks live (like during one of the livestreams of this year) you can really tell every single song gets 10000x better when played live.

I hope in the near future there is a remixing of this album or a remaster, so the experience can get better.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 hour ago, TheBoss said:

Where the fuck is Allow thoo we need that and Who Is It from the Vespertine sessions

Oh boy, I'm dying to hear Allow 

15 hours ago, monsterdino said:

isn't this it?

It could be but not really. Sweet Intuition was a new song that came from the Bedtime Story demo. Like, she had a different plan for the song but ended up giving Madonna Bedtime Story and she continued crafting her original idea until Sweet Intuition came to life, I guess? Anyways, a bop that deserved to be in Post :true: at least she released it as a b-side, but still :defeated: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

15 hours ago, monsterdino said:

isn't this it?

Sweet Intuition is basically a rework of the demo, not the actual demo.

We know very little about her demo other than it was titled Let's Get Unconscious and Madonna only changed like a line on it.

自由になる自由がある