teethclick

Björk

Following a pattern in her releases, many albums were released with a 3-4 year gap between them:

• Debut (1993)
  • Post (1995)
  • Homogenic (1997)
  • Vespertine (2001)
  • Medúlla (2004)
  • Volta (2007)
  • Biophilia (2011)
  • Vulnicura (2015)
  • Utopia (2017)

The most recent exception to it was Utopia (2017), only two years after Vulnicura (2015), and there was no album in 2019/2020. So maybe there's a chance that she has an album ready for this year, but I wouldn't be really able to tell. I honestly haven't been up-to-date with her latest updates on what she's doing now, so if she announces something imma be surprised.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I don't know if it's been discussed but in an Icelandic interview she's revealed she has a boyfriend (good for her, slay momma) AND that she wouldn't dare promise anything, but the album may be out 2021-2022. Finger's crossed 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

4 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Following a pattern in her releases, many albums were released with a 3-4 year gap between them:

• Debut (1993)
  • Post (1995)
  • Homogenic (1997)
  • Vespertine (2001)
  • Medúlla (2004)
  • Volta (2007)
  • Biophilia (2011)
  • Vulnicura (2015)
  • Utopia (2017)

The most recent exception to it was Utopia (2017), only two years after Vulnicura (2015), and there was no album in 2019/2020. So maybe there's a chance that she has an album ready for this year, but I wouldn't be really able to tell. I honestly haven't been up-to-date with her latest updates on what she's doing now, so if she announces something imma be surprised.

I mean she always kinda keeps it very quiet between eras, so we really don't know if she has a full album done in her hands or has yet to start it :rip: 

It looks like we're not getting a Cornucopia release, which kind of sucks. I suppose it could still be coming but who knows. I really wanted to see her on this tour but she makes it so hard.:noparty:

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

On 1/19/2021 at 5:14 PM, HyperVelvet said:

I don't know if it's been discussed but in an Icelandic interview she's revealed she has a boyfriend (good for her, slay momma) AND that she wouldn't dare promise anything, but the album may be out 2021-2022. Finger's crossed 

yes that's what she said!

On 1/19/2021 at 4:43 PM, Glitter Boy said:

• Debut (1993)
  • Post (1995)
  • Homogenic (1997)
  • Vespertine (2001)
  • Medúlla (2004)
  • Volta (2007)
  • Biophilia (2011)
  • Vulnicura (2015)
  • Utopia (2017)

I personally feel like there's some info (or a single...) coming this year, but the whole era is coming 2022 tbh. She has many projects rn

EH0Q.gif

I'm a day late but happy birthday to Vulnicura!

Took me a while to learn to love the record back then but once I did it hit me hard. I've said this dozens of times already but it's definitely in my "Holy Trinity" top 3 with Homogenic and Utopia as I really just can't rank her albums. My boyfriend sometimes wonders how I can listen to such a heavy record so much (he's a fan as well but definitely not in the same proportion as I am) and so did my parents when I lived back home, lying on my bed for hours with the record on repeat. It's definitely heavy and full of heartbreak, disappointment and anger but I personally don't find it depressing at all as I somehow find so much serenity and relief in the songs and the arrangements. My number one favorite record to listen to on my walks in the forest - there's nothing better than walking in nature and breathing fresh air with songs like Stonemilker and Black Lake gently playing in your ears. Definitely one of the turning points in my life, thank you Björk :krylie:

Also Notget is the shitI literally do those ritualistic-like dance moves of hers when I'm alone at home

9MnF.gif

2 hours ago, HyperVelvet said:

I'm manifesting a late 2021-early 2022 release :angie:

I bet she has been very busy with the album, it must be almost finished.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

26 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

I bet she has been very busy with the album, it must be almost finished.

she's working on the record since 2018 and she had a whole free year to finish it, hurry up girl your fans are starving

looking-at-watch-13.gif

On 5/3/2021 at 4:36 PM, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

omg can someone repost this please :defeated:

oh crap i just realized i never downloaded the file but it's on youtube

10 hours ago, jvcx said:

The Northman will be released on April 8, 2022!

I hope she'll speak Icelandic for a witchy effect. I wonder how she'll look like

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

I can't wait for the movie and the soundtrack 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

possible spoilers about the northman

Spoiler

"Bjork is in 2 scenes. yodels and sings in her native language. that’s it. not even exaggerating."

Spoiler

i'm disappointed but not surprised... :bebe:

read more here: https://bjorksjoyoustunes.medium.com/the-northman-test-screen-reactions-reveal-björks-limited-role-in-film-9055c3b67900