teethclick

Björk

First news on what to expect from the upcoming album, from Björk's interview with an Icelandic radio station (full interview will be aired later today)!!! Google translate(d) interview here.

In the making of her new album, Björk used a rhythm which reminds of a virus:

"Most of the songs I made in the past are at 80-90 beats per minute, and the reason is quite boring: when I walk, I walk at this speed. But in this new album there's a lot of chill in the first half of the song and a lot of calm in the second half, but when there's one minute left the song turns into a club". Björk also stated that her new album will be ideal for clubbing in the living room: "For people who are making clubs at home in their living room, for those who are at their Christmas ball". It's like "a man who got up and banged his head, then sat down again and had another glass of red wine. So everyone home at ten o'clock, finished dancing and everything."

You go girl, give us aggressive bangers:defeated:

Edit: Translation corrections by cu830 on 4um

intrigued by google coming up with a beautiful "pink chill" in the translation of the interview, i researched some of the odd-sounding bits to check if they were pieces of legitimate poetry or simple mistakes.

well, it turns out "pink chill" and "pink quiet" are not moments of synesthesia whatever but hide a much humbler "very".

the "christmas balls" are neither seasonal celebrations or festive testicles. they're christmas bubbles, the small, selected group of people one was allowed to spend the holidays with because of covid restrictions in iceland.

and luckily for him, the "man who banged his head at the party" wasn't victim of a domestic accident: he was simply headbanging, as one does at metal concerts and techno clubs.

the whole quote ends painting up the same picture: a set of "very chill, very quiet" songs exploding in brief hardcore sections, just like an intimate close-friends house party is made of two hours of sitting around and fifteen minutes of wild dancing.

looking for moments in björk's discography that fit the intimist+explosive bill, the first thing that came to mind was the volta tour version of "hyperballad". excited pink chills all over my body at the prospect.

===================

Also the second Björk Orkestral show is today with the Hamrahlið Choir and organists Bergur Þórisson and Bjarni Frímann, she has teased the following songs on Instagram with her "score stories":

Pleasure Is All Mine

Oceania

Show Me Forgiveness

Cosmogony

Hidden Place

Sonnets

Unravel

Vertebræ by Vertebræ

Who Is It?

Mouth's Cradle

Some of these songs are quite short so I assume today's setlist will be a bit longer as the concert will most likely take an hour this time as well, and these take like 40 minutes. The DICE website says "Songs from Medulla, Biophilia, Utopia and more" so I have my fingers crossed for Body Memory but I wouldn't be surprised if we get something like Features Creatures instead... BM better not be the encore as the encores won't be streamed.

Edit: New ones from today's stories

Where Is the Line

Human Behaviour

New World

I'm super excited the new album is coming so soon. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Just now, Coney Island King said:

Please do something listenable and not the boring elevator music we’ve had for years now. 

i dont know what elevators you’ve been in but PLEASE bring me to the elevator that plays Atom Dance, and ill be twerking in front of everyone!

Utopia is her worst record by miles. It's time to ditch Arca. My expectations are zero

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

Ready for the 2022 version of Pluto :oprah:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Every time Björk drops an album it's like, a life-defining moment. In 2017, so when she dropped Utopia, I was in the last class of middle school and so much happend since then. I can't wait for another milestone :crying4:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

3 minutes ago, athena said:

Daily reminder that utopia is her best album

This blatant lie, anyways if anyone has a link it will be gladly appreciated, warmthness

:oprah3:

8nl2OpX.png

14 hours ago, athena said:

Daily reminder that utopia is her best album

I dont agree but i do love me some good Utopia praise, her most underrated album imo! (its top 3 in her discography)

43 minutes ago, Volta said:

I dont agree but i do love me some good Utopia praise, her most underrated album imo! (its top 3 in her discography)

To me it's impossible to dislike an album that has Saint, Arisen My Senses, The Gate, Losss, Courtship, Future Forever :crai:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif