teethclick

Björk

11 minutes ago, Wanna Get Fucked Up said:

idk if anyone here has heard shygirls new song 'cleo' but this is exactly the vibe i'd love from bjorks new music - the classical instrumentation x experimental electronic/house-ey combo :flutter: (although i'm sure bjork will be much less clubby and more experimental)

i’m sorry but that song sucks

Oh my god! I've had the most frustrating experience today trying to find a song. I was in a shop and they were playing a song by Bjork - could easily recognize her voice but I'm not familiar with her work sadly. She kept repeating a phrase over and over again and I told myself I'd remember it and look it up later, but I've forgotten it already :toofunny:. Trying to find the song, I kept coming across other songs from her, and I've come to realize all her songs seem to be incredible. Still haven't found the song I was looking for, but I feel like I just discovered a secret and I'm mesmerized by Bjork's work. :wub:

BF77-AD48-C18-D-4144-B349-27-DC6-F78-CD7

8 minutes ago, titanicearth said:

Oh my god! I've had the most frustrating experience today trying to find a song. I was in a shop and they were playing a song by Bjork - could easily recognize her voice but I'm not familiar with her work sadly. She kept repeating a phrase over and over again and I told myself I'd remember it and look it up later, but I've forgotten it already :toofunny:. Trying to find the song, I kept coming across other songs from her, and I've come to realize all her songs seem to be incredible. Still haven't found the song I was looking for, but I feel like I just discovered a secret and I'm mesmerized by Bjork's work. :wub:

Was it upbeat? a ballad? strings? volcano beats? acapella? 90s lounge jazz? avant garde? snowy micro beats? I wanna help you out, I love when things like this happens lol

8nl2OpX.png

1 hour ago, titanicearth said:

gonna take a wild guess and say all is full of love? Lmao

On 11/2/2021 at 1:38 AM, Wanna Get Fucked Up said:

idk if anyone here has heard shygirls new song 'cleo' but this is exactly the vibe i'd love from bjorks new music - the classical instrumentation x experimental electronic/house-ey combo :flutter: (although i'm sure bjork will be much less clubby and more experimental)

i love that song but how is it experimental 

ↀ  ⟡   last.fm

5 hours ago, athena said:

i love that song but how is it experimental 

lmao ok true experimental isn't the word i was looking for, more so just uncommon since i don't think a ton of artists mix orchestral instrumentation or strings with house or electronic music, like the only other artist i listen to who does that is bjork 

7 hours ago, titanicearth said:

Bjork repeating the same sentence... :um2:

"Sue me ! sue me ! sue me !"  came in mind but that's definitly not what you've been vibing to. :hillary:

The reason you don't remember it is probably your mind telling you that you need to hear all of her amazing  work while scanning for it :gurl:

10 hours ago, TheBoss said:

Was it upbeat? a ballad? strings? volcano beats? acapella? 90s lounge jazz? avant garde? snowy micro beats? I wanna help you out, I love when things like this happens lol

I’m so bad when it comes to describing the different types of songs, but I’ll try my best. The line kept repeating over and over again, once vocally normal and the next it was faint and in the background. It was a five syllable phrase, I remember this because my mind created the lyrics to the melody:

”Time’s only wasted (time’s only wasted)

Time’s only wasted (time’s only wasted)“

I 100% know those aren’t the lyrics, but that’s what my mind created after a while. Also, the sound was mellow. Kind of like the end of a song where all the instruments are almost gone, and everything is just fading out except for the vocals and minimal instrumentation. Lastly, it had a repeating drum beat, nothing too strong just casual and jazzy(?).

Thanks again for your help! It means a lot! (Don’t feel bad if you can’t find it) :kiss2:

21 minutes ago, titanicearth said:

I’m so bad when it comes to describing the different types of songs, but I’ll try my best. The line kept repeating over and over again, once vocally normal and the next it was faint and in the background. It was a five syllable phrase, I remember this because my mind created the lyrics to the melody:

I 100% know those aren’t the lyrics, but that’s what my mind created after a while. Also, the sound was mellow. Kind of like the end of a song where all the instruments are almost gone, and everything is just fading out except for the vocals and minimal instrumentation. Lastly, it had a repeating drum beat, nothing too strong just casual and jazzy(?).

Thanks again for your help! It means a lot! (Don’t feel bad if you can’t find it) :kiss2:

These songs come to mind with that description:

• All Is Full of Love
  • It's Not Up to You (I have a feeling it's this one for what I remarked in bold)
  • Hidden Place (though not as minimalistic though)
  • Undo (the least probable from the ones I thought)

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

21 minutes ago, titanicearth said:

Could it be any of these? Honestly I have no idea lol

8nl2OpX.png

38 minutes ago, titanicearth said:

This one??

4 hours ago, Mermaid Hotel said:

This one??

This one! :party:
Thanks to everyone else who helped! I look forward to exploring more of Bjork’s music, and I’m open to recommendations if anyone’s willing to share! :kiss:

Do you guys think there will also be livestreams for the rest of the European dates ? 

As the fierce editor she is, she should have a DVD release of the best performances of the whole tour and a super deluxe edition with all the shows. I mean all the setlists are different and have different arrangements plus she performed songs she hasn't performed in year. That's gold for the fans.  

On 11/8/2021 at 11:22 PM, titanicearth said:

This one! :party:
Thanks to everyone else who helped! I look forward to exploring more of Bjork’s music, and I’m open to recommendations if anyone’s willing to share! :kiss:

Glad you found it. Great song. There are many more that I'm sure you'll enjoy.

3 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

Why do people hate on Debut so heavy? That is my fav björk record and in my opinion, truly her most astounding work. Human Behavior, Venus, Like Someone, Theres More To Life, THE LIST GOES ON!?l!!!

because to bjorks standards its her weakest! when you have vespertine and vulnicura in your discography its kinda hard for the weak ones to live up