teethclick

Björk

21 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

Some tracks on both are weaker to me simply.

this makes literally no logical sense

like not only are those 2 albums completely flaw free imo but even the b-sides the LEFTOVERS shit on several peoples’ works

i mean you’re entitled to your opinion but at the same time be aware of your audience 

no offense

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

18 minutes ago, avenue said:

this makes literally no logical sense

like not only are those 2 albums completely flaw free imo but even the b-sides the LEFTOVERS shit on several peoples’ works

i mean you’re entitled to your opinion but at the same time be aware of your audience 

no offense

There's no such a thing as flawfree album. Some people may love it from start to finish, some may not even like a single track on it. I just imagined a dimension where these two's strongest tracks are combined into one, that's it; ESPECIALLY because in my opinion they share a lot both sonically and aesthestically, and I've already seen many people say Unravel fits Vespertine. I did not mean that some tracks are actually "bad".

original.gif

Well to me Homogenic and Vespertine, as impressive as they are (and part of my Björk Top 3 along with Vulnicura), are not in the same vein even if some songs could've belonged to the other project. But I'll add both to a playlist and play shuffle just for fun, let's see what happens

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

honestly while we're on the subject, her run from Homogenic, through Vespertine, Selmasongs, and Medulla is so classic like there is not a single bad song in there.  not even the B sides (hell the Vespertine B sides are incredible like of course Generous Palmstroke, but also Foot Soldier??  Mother Heroic??  classics)  someone leak Who Is It Vespertine Version Already!!!

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

1 minute ago, June Gloom said:

honestly while we're on the subject, her run from Homogenic, through Vespertine, Selmasongs, and Medulla is so classic like there is not a single bad song in there.  not even the B sides (hell the Vespertine B sides are incredible like of course Generous Palmstroke, but also Foot Soldier??  Mother Heroic??  classics)  someone leak Who Is It Vespertine Version Already!!!

shout out to the bachelorette single cd

the b-sides are top tier

the remixes are top tier

the packaging is top tier

Throat singing is awesome, experimental af

20 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

Ancestors.

omg i was thinking about the same song

innerspeaker.jpg

life is beautiful, it really is, without it you'd be dead.

7 hours ago, highme said:

Throat singing is awesome, experimental af

omg i was thinking about the same song

anyone who doesn’t think that this is breathtakingly beautiful needs to get a privilege check :true:

it’s definitely not your typical pop music sound, nor is it the most accessible sound in general, but it *means* something truly important and plus it sounds cool so get those q-tips and an attitude adjustment!

honestly Ancestors is one of my favs off Medulla?  not exactly easy listening & i defs get its reputation, but like.  there is something so primal and cathartic about it- i haven't really seen another song that quite captures the energy it exudes.

speaking of Medulla- honestly i think it's interesting to compare it and Volta as almost 2 opposite attempts at a more "mainstream" pop influence in her work?  like the hooks on songs like Innocence, Triumph of a Heart, etc. are really accessible melodically but they're presented in such strange arrangements and productions, it's honestly one of my favorite contrasts between any 2 of her albums (altho i don't think Volta is perfect or anything, still a good record)

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

3 minutes ago, June Gloom said:

honestly Ancestors is one of my favs off Medulla?  not exactly easy listening & i defs get its reputation, but like.  there is something so primal and cathartic about it- i haven't really seen another song that quite captures the energy it exudes.

speaking of Medulla- honestly i think it's interesting to compare it and Volta as almost 2 opposite attempts at a more "mainstream" pop influence in her work?  like the hooks on songs like Innocence, Triumph of a Heart, etc. are really accessible melodically but they're presented in such strange arrangements and productions, it's honestly one of my favorite contrasts between any 2 of her albums (altho i don't think Volta is perfect or anything, still a good record)

yeah björk’s discography is full of pairs

debut / post

homogenic / vespertine 

medúlla / volta

vulnicura / utopia

4 hours ago, avenue said:

yeah björk’s discography is full of pairs

debut / post

homogenic / vespertine 

medúlla / volta

vulnicura / utopia

It's funny because I have always considered post and homogenic a pair. 

Post = being far away from home

Homogenic = being back home. 

Vespertine = electrónica and microbeats 

Medulla = no instruments at all

Volta = we are destroying earth

Biophilla = we are loving earth 

Vulnicura = I'm heartbroken 

Utopia = I'm finding love again

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Does anyone know anything about a ‘less produced’ Utopia that apparently a few people have but has never leaked? I feel like I remember seeing posts about it on some forum and how the album was so much better than the released version.

6 hours ago, avenue said:

anyone who doesn’t think that this is breathtakingly beautiful needs to get a privilege check :true:

it’s definitely not your typical pop music sound, nor is it the most accessible sound in general, but it *means* something truly important and plus it sounds cool so get those q-tips and an attitude adjustment!

what the fuck are you talking about? i'm only talking good points about this song. dumbass

innerspeaker.jpg

life is beautiful, it really is, without it you'd be dead.

2 hours ago, Moloko Plus said:

Does anyone know anything about a ‘less produced’ Utopia that apparently a few people have but has never leaked? I feel like I remember seeing posts about it on some forum and how the album was so much better than the released version.

I think Björk herself talked about two versions of Utopia, the released one and the other, iirc more organic and shit, and something to do with the live versions (but here I don't know anything as I haven't checked Cornucopia aka the Utopia Tour). She said she was considering releasing the other version but it didn't happen.

2 hours ago, highme said:

what the fuck are you talking about? i'm only talking good points about this song. dumbass

Er, that post was not meant to drag you. It was agreeing with you that that song is beautiful. Read again if you don't believe me... it was meant for anyone who could eventually dislike Ancestors (and I haven't seen any hate to it so far so we're all good).

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 hours ago, Moloko Plus said:

26 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

I think Björk herself talked about two versions of Utopia, the released one and the other, iirc more organic and shit, and something to do with the live versions (but here I don't know anything as I haven't checked Cornucopia aka the Utopia Tour). She said she was considering releasing the other version but it didn't happen.

Correct, there was a "Utopia Flutes" (just like "Vulnicura Strings") planned but it's been 5 years already and nothing. I could blame the pandemic but I don't think that's the case as "Vulnicura Strings" and "Vulnicura Live" were released in 2015 along with the original album. 

At this point, I think she has discarded the plans for Utopia Flutes. 

As far as I know, there are no demos or early versions of the album in circulation. 

A live album for Utopia was also in the cards but nothing happened. As far as I know she has recorded (or even filmed) some "Cornucopia" shows and maybe a Bluray or a live album might be released someday. 

Maybe she plans to release the orchestral shows too either on Bluray or Spotify. Let's hope she does because she sounds amazing. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde