teethclick

Björk

20 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

Can someone tell me why Utopia is so hated (in general) ?

I feel like it's because its too long of an album and because unlike Vulnicura, you can see Arca's fingerprints all over it. At times it feels more like an Arca album than a Bjork album.

自由になる自由がある

Allow (track 8) is actually a Utopia outtake and talks about her friendship with Arca! She mentioned this in 2017 during an interview:

"Björk brings a new track up on her laptop, 'Allow'. It's one of the most straightforward, melodic songs that she's played so far, though she isn't sure if she'll include it on the final record. The song illustrates the way that her relationship with Ghersi has developed over time. "We had a lot of holidays together," she says. "(A group of us) got Airbnbs in the Caribbean. We'd walk in the jungles, recording birds. The lyrics are very much like that. Just us, swimming in the ocean for days. On day nine, that song just happened."

22 hours ago, Furor Poeticus said:

Btw has anyone also seen Drawing Restraint 9 ? If so, what did you think? Because...

Hide contents

...the scene where Matthew Barney and Björk cut their legs off with Holographic Entrypoint playing in the background was excruciating to watch, despite not being that graphic or gross. That was the weirdest film I've seen lol

one of the great films to see absolutely stoned to your gourd, i remember nothing except being like "whoaaaaaa" and totally mesmerized by the long, slow sequences 

aOaIzH2.gif

16 hours ago, ALIEN SUPERSTAR said:

If I wanted to get into her, where should I begin?

depends on your prefs!

based on your username, debut has lots of fabulous early/mid 90s dance beats, plus its her first solo abum, so never a bad place to start. incredibly eclectic but a dance album at heart but with huge bangers (big time sensuality & crying).

if you want harder, more contemporary sounding production with super lush strings and HUGE vocals, homogenic.

imo post is a GAME changer, was huuuuge in the 90s (on mtv constantly), prob one of thee great alternative pop albums of all time. i feel on this album you can really hear her influence on literally everything the girlies are doing today.

vespertine is a very crisp winter album to me, one of the great albums about being in love. if diamond lace ice castle is an aesthetic that appeals to you and/or you are newly in love this is it.

aOaIzH2.gif

30 minutes ago, Starline said:

Allow (track 8) is actually a Utopia outtake and talks about her friendship with Arca! She mentioned this in 2017 during an interview:

"Björk brings a new track up on her laptop, 'Allow'. It's one of the most straightforward, melodic songs that she's played so far, though she isn't sure if she'll include it on the final record. The song illustrates the way that her relationship with Ghersi has developed over time. "We had a lot of holidays together," she says. "(A group of us) got Airbnbs in the Caribbean. We'd walk in the jungles, recording birds. The lyrics are very much like that. Just us, swimming in the ocean for days. On day nine, that song just happened."

OMG ALLOW?!?!?! WE WON :legend:

I don't even have a clue on how it sounds like but since she teased it back in 2017 when it was part of Utopia I feel like I need it :oprah: though I hope it got reworked or something.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Anyone else listening to sonic Symbolism? Listening to the debut ep (can’t stop picturing kristen wigg as Bjork when she talks :smokes:). Very cool project, wish Lana would do something like this (limited podcast series doing in depth dives on each album)

aOaIzH2.gif

On 9/1/2022 at 5:43 PM, rightofjupiter said:

Anyone else listening to sonic Symbolism? Listening to the debut ep (can’t stop picturing kristen wigg as Bjork when she talks :smokes:). Very cool project, wish Lana would do something like this (limited podcast series doing in depth dives on each album)

Oh, a Lana podcast for each record would be absolutely delightful

So excited! I really hope that it's an improvement from The Gate/Utopia.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Aahh I hope the video drops around the same time as the premiere on BBC... I was thinking of listening but I think I'd rather experience the visual side of it at the same time as well :defeated: plus i hate when radio hosts talk over the songs

4 minutes ago, Jaeden xx said:

the days before Bjorks website was full of viruses and hackers :xcry:

wait what? when did that happen? i loved (and still love!) björk's early 2000s website i had no idea of that