teethclick

Björk

3 minutes ago, Brightsun said:

im just surprised how lana fans enjoyed this song it's a awful :paris: but i guess it's the case for all her songs

i mean have you actually listened to all her songs or are you just being an attention-seeking troll? :) 

14417469274.gif

The lyrics at the bottom makes the music video feel really cheap:toofloppy: The song sounds like if Crystalline was on Utopia and I really hope this album isnt a rehashing of Utopia with techno beats layered over. Especially with Allow being on the track list....

This devil gave me permanent tinnitus after one of her shows on 2018 so I don't listen to her music anymore. But as an ancient fan, the song is great, the lyrics are powerful and the beat is crazy, I would be very happy with this song if I was still a fan. But the visuals are getting more and more kitsch in her eras :o It's horrible

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

This just sounds like a remix of a utopia song to me

i swear she’s used that vocal “oooooAAAAAA” “hoooaaaaAAAAAA” line on like 20 songs since biophilia

her music will always be cool to me but I wish this felt more different than just utopia with clarinets instead of flutes to me

8 hours ago, pin up galore said:

shaking my bjurssy to this i love her dancing in the green look she’s so cute :wub: 

giphy.gif

She's so cute in this video, especially the moments in that costume. Her face is at time like she's a child again :oprah:

It looks like a continuation of Biophilia in the rhythm I like. The visuals, the sets are magnificent and Bjork, despite her ever-increasing extravagance, is sublime.

But I understand those who don't like it because it's been quite repetitive and hard on the ear for a few eras and there are few surprises. :noparty:

Too much experimental kills the experimental. I hope she will let this album breathe a little with lighter titles after the compact (not to say indigestible, Utopia).

She announced a dancing and clubbing album, I must dream but I expect a slightly more generic record.  :w8ing:

5 hours ago, triangles19 said:

This devil gave me permanent tinnitus after one of her shows on 2018 so I don't listen to her music anymore. But as an ancient fan, the song is great, the lyrics are powerful and the beat is crazy, I would be very happy with this song if I was still a fan. But the visuals are getting more and more kitsch in her eras :o It's horrible

Shit I'm sorry about the tinnitus. Bjork's music is really aggressive if you listen to it for a long time and live I'm not surprised that it does damage without protection. The same thing happened to me with Faceshopping by Sophie, they left after 6 months of hell and I never listened to this song or the artist again. I wish you to get better and that you can find the pleasure of listening to music.

18 minutes ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

It looks like a continuation of Biophilia in the rhythm I like. The visuals, the sets are magnificent and Bjork, despite her ever-increasing extravagance, is sublime.

But I understand those who don't like it because it's been quite repetitive and hard on the ear for a few eras and there are few surprises. :noparty:

Too much experimental kills the experimental. I hope she will let this album breathe a little with lighter titles after the compact (not to say indigestible, Utopia).

She announced a dancing and clubbing album, I must dream but I expect a slightly more generic record.  :w8ing:

Agreed. Hopefully there’s a good mix on the album. If it’s all chaotic mushroom rave music i’ll have a headache by track 4.

i feel like Björk is so in her own lane and giving so much "eternal musical genius prodigy" that the big music critics dont dare touch any sort of negativity or examining her (admittedly incredible and amazing) art as like a layperson.  she is absolutely groundbreaking and doing stuff no one else does, and playing with the possibilities of sound and music, and i'm so grateful.  but i do wonder what it would be like if she tried to make even just one new song that could be immediately accessed and understood by someone who hasn't been initiated into the musical scaffolding of Björk. 

she used to make bops

now its all this discordant weird time signatures stuff thats brilliant but i know this bitch has it in her to serve another bop.  even just one!

1 hour ago, EARTHA CLIT said:

i feel like Björk is so in her own lane and giving so much "eternal musical genius prodigy" that the big music critics dont dare touch any sort of negativity or examining her (admittedly incredible and amazing) art as like a layperson.  she is absolutely groundbreaking and doing stuff no one else does, and playing with the possibilities of sound and music, and i'm so grateful.  but i do wonder what it would be like if she tried to make even just one new song that could be immediately accessed and understood by someone who hasn't been initiated into the musical scaffolding of Björk. 

she used to make bops

now its all this discordant weird time signatures stuff thats brilliant but i know this bitch has it in her to serve another bop.  even just one!

Wasn't Utopia's version of Allow allegedly very straightforward and melodic?

I feel like we might get something for the bjöp lovers after all.

自由になる自由がある

5 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

Bachelorette really does blow my mind everytime.

Pagan Poetry almost puts me in the hospital each listen too. And don’t even start me on the immense video.

Pagan Poetry is perhaps her best song. 

The song and the video are so ahead of their time. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde