teethclick

Björk

8 hours ago, Furor Poeticus said:

OMG where is this from? :wat:

Looks like they've been uploaded to the code of fossora.com?

Imagine if we're getting two new Björk tracks on two consecutive weeks... :flutter:

On 9/8/2022 at 9:14 AM, sheepie said:

tbh i loved the clarinets but the drums offput me for some reason. they feel like they didn't fit with the song 

ok i changed my mind the drums fuck

So I finally managed to listen to Atopos (and also found out Ovule is out so I listened as well) and I actually like them! They're way more dynamic than what I was expecting. Atopos remain my favourite out of the two. Can't wait for the album

Bjork Atopos GIF - Bjork Atopos Fossora - Descubre & Comparte GIFs

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I decided to listen to all bjork albums and i began from the beginning im at Vespertine right now and its really shocking she came with such a fresh alternative sound since 1993(??). Ovule sound nice and im really liking the shape of Fossora until now

Well the video's nice, she's serving looks but I just don't like the oval shape framing closing in and out. Like it looks cheap and I'd rather see the full shots... :crossed: Atopos video remains superior so far.

5 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

I decided to listen to all bjork albums and i began from the beginning im at Vespertine right now and its really shocking she came with such a fresh alternative sound since 1993(??). Ovule sound nice and im really liking the shape of Fossora until now

Her music has aged so well. 

4 hours ago, Furor Poeticus said:

I find it funny how this era is a blend of her less liked albums. Medúlla, Volta and Biophilia fused together :ohmy:

Yes i hear that too, i’m getting major Volta vibes.

OK Ovule beats Atopos to me. This latest single is beautiful, meandering, meditative. Mother did it again :defeated:

Spoiler

Also, red is my favourite colour, so seeing Björk in it makes me delighted 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

A few weeks ago I listened to all her albums on CDs and WOW this reminded me of everything that made me adore her music. She has never made a single bad song. There’s something to love in every era and Fossora will be no exception :party:

To celebrate, here’s my top 5 from every album (feel free to make your own, besties)

Spoiler

Debut: Play Dead, Human Behaviour, Big Time Sensuality, Venus As A Boy, Violently Happy

Post: Hyperballad, Possibly Maybe, I miss you, Isobel, Army of me 

Homogenic: All is full of love, Jóga, Bachelorette, Unravel, Hunter

Vespertine: Pagan Poetry, Hidden Place, Unison, Aurora, Cocoon

Medúlla: Triumph of a heart, Oceania, Who is it, Mouth’s Cradle, Vökuró

Volta: Wanderlust, I see who you are, Declare Independence, The Dull Flame of Desire, Earth Intruders

Biophilia: Moon, Crystalline, Virus, Cosmogony, Mutual Core

Vulnicura: Stonemilker, Lionsong, Black Lake, Family, Quicksand

Utopia: Arisen My Senses, Saint, The Gate, Losss, Courtship 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

7 hours ago, Furor Poeticus said:

To celebrate, here’s my top 5 from every album (feel free to make your own, besties)

Reveal hidden contents

Debut: Play Dead, Human Behaviour, Big Time Sensuality, Anchor Song, Violently Happy

Post: Hyperballad, Possibly Maybe, I miss you, Isobel, Army of me 

Homogenic: All is full of love, Jóga, Bachelorette, Unravel, Hunter

Vespertine: Pagan Poetry, Hidden Place, Unison, Aurora, Cocoon

Medúlla: Triumph of a heart, Oceania, Who is it, Mouth’s Cradle, Vökuró

Volta: Wanderlust, I see who you are, Declare Independence, The Dull Flame of Desire, Earth Intruders

Biophilia: Moon, Crystalline, Virus, Cosmogony, Mutual Core

Vulnicura: Stonemilker, Lionsong, Black Lake, Family, Quicksand

Utopia: Arisen My Senses, Saint, The Gate, Losss, Courtship 

ooo fun! here's mine:

debut: human behavior, crying, anchor song, come to me, aeroplane

post: hyperballad, the modern things, enjoy, isobel, possibly maybe

telegram: possibly maybe (lucy mix), my spine, cover me (dillinja mix), you've been flirting again (flirt is a promise remix), headphones (0 mix)

homogenic: hunter, unravel, all neon like, immature, pluto

vespertine: cocoon, pagan poetry, undo, aurora, it's not up to you

medulla: where is the line, oceania, who is it (this album is where i started to fall off as a bjork stan so don't have 5 favs)

volta: earth intruders, dull flame of desire, declare independence

biophilia: thunderbolt, crystalline, mutual core

vulnicura: lionsong

utopia: n/a bc i don't know it well enough though i have started listening more often

aOaIzH2.gif

here's mine :party:

Debut: Venus As A Boy, Crying, Like Someone In Love, Big Time Sensuality, Come To Me

Post: Hyper-Ballad, Army Of Me, Enjoy, Possibly Maybe, Isobel

Homogenic: All Is Full Of Love (album version), Pluto, All Neon Like, Jóga, Bachelorette

Vespertine: Pagan Poetry, Cocoon, Aurora, Unison, It's Not Up to You

Medúlla: Desired Constellation, Who Is It, Oceania, Ancestors, Triumph Of A Heart

Volta: Declare Independence, The Dull Flame of Desire, Pneumonia, My Juvenile, Earth Intruders

Biophilia: Crystalline, Cosmogony, Mutual Core, Sacrifice, Virus

i should admit that these are all from me revisiting her discography (heard it all back in 2018 then i never came back to her for whatever reason) and i will listen to Vulnicura tonight

ranking so far would be (best to worst):

1. Vespertine
  2. Post
  3. Biophilia
  4. Homogenic
  5. Medúlla
  6. Volta (clicked last night though, pretty great album)
  7. Debut
  8. Selmasongs
  9. The Music From Drawing Restraint 9 (has some incredible moments but the rest are not as good)

quite curious to see where Vulnicura & Utopia will land on my ranking as the latter was my first Björk album and the album that made me a lot more patient during longer songs (which is pretty huge considering how a lot of my favorite artists make long music)

oh god im on track 9 of Utopia this album is so much worse than i remembered what the fuck :toofloppy:

like its definitely not bad but my god what the FUCK happened after Vulnicura????

take all of this with a grain of salt as this is my revisit of the album since 2018 and most albums ive heard in my life grow on me to where i love them

ok Tabula Rasa is absolutely gorgeous