teethclick

Björk

Some countries have the title track in its original version with the GMO guy vocals at the end of the song. 

Tbh I'm pretty happy they took him out, the Björk only version is immaculate.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

This song makes me wish there'd be even more gabber bops, yet at the same time more songs in this direction could get repetitive or predictable so it's good Fossora will be a rather eclectic album 

Spoiler

Also I'm under the impression that the album will encapsulate and echo her discography from Vespertine onwards

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

My fav artist of all time, even the albums that don't resonate with me as much as the others (Debut, Volta, Utopia) I still very much respect. Everything from Fossora is amazing so far and it's looking very likely to be in my top three.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, Acid said:

Deserved to be lead instead of the other song I forgot the title to:true:

Atopos is kinda more suitable as the lead single

But I agree, Fossora deserves at least a music video too. Fucking insane song, excellent. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Not her saying Mutual Core would've been better with strings (Vulnicura live version :flutter:) but she had already set her mind on Biophilia being an organ album... it's still a bop wdym

Also 40 listens on repeat later and I just can't get enough of the title track :defeated: it's so much fun and she's insane for the last bit

Fellow Björkers, how do we feel based on what we've heard - will Björk finally win that grammy? (assuming she is nominated)

Also, in preparation I relistened to all of her discography and my current ranking looks like this:

THE BIG FOUR (these can pretty much be organised any which way):

1. Vulnicura

2. Homogenic (though I've still not quite taken to Immature and Alarm Call even after many years, they're cute but everything else outshines them)

3. Vespertine (though the second half doesn't feel as strong as the first one)

4. Post

THE REST:

5. Debut

6. Medulla

7. Volta (on a good day it could even be switched w/ Medulla. As an album it feels disjointed but most of the songs as individuals are very strong)

8. Utopia (I think I can finally hear what others have been saying here - the mixing is messy and her vocals feel drowned out)

9. Biophilia (Virus is still that bitch)

So far, Fossora could end up among the big four or at least be ranked high 

16 hours ago, Furor Poeticus said:

This song makes me wish there'd be even more gabber bops, yet at the same time more songs in this direction could get repetitive or predictable so it's good Fossora will be a rather eclectic album 

Hide contents

Also I'm under the impression that the album will encapsulate and echo her discography from Vespertine onwards

for me Atopops resembles Biophilia and Vulnicura, Ovule resembles Medulla and Volta while Fossora resembles Homogenic and Utopia...not sure yet what Ancestress reminds me of 

6 hours ago, cellophane said:

Fellow Björkers, how do we feel based on what we've heard - will Björk finally win that grammy? (assuming she is nominated)

Also, in preparation I relistened to all of her discography and my current ranking looks like this:

THE BIG FOUR (these can pretty much be organised any which way):

The fact that Radiohead’s album won over Homogenic is homophobic 

my top is probably as of now:

1. Vespertine

2. Homogenic 

3. Post

4. Vulnicura

5. Medúlla 

6. Debut

7. Utopia

8. Biophilia

9. Volta 

6 hours ago, cellophane said:

9. Biophilia (Virus is still that bitch)

Biophilia is her worst imo and yeah Virus is amazing;

Utopia is really something different and I can understand why is so hated but Im a fan of Arca so I kinda like it as a whole

Somebody could literally die and Bjork Stans would start randomly ranking their favorite Bjork albums:lmao:

Spoiler

1. Biophllia 

2. Selmasongs

3. Homogenic/Vulnicura 

4. Medulla

5. Vespertine 

6. Volta

7. Debut

8. Post

9. Utopia 

hell. Drawing Restraint 69

No Biophilia slander on my sight :wtf: 

It's literally in my top 3 Björk albums :brows: 

1. Homogenic
  2. Vulnicura
  3. Biophilia
  4. Vespertine
  5. Post
  6. Medúlla
  7. Debut
  8. Volta
  9. Utopia

Predicting Fossora to be between Vespertine and Post, but hopefully higher :dua: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I'll always be sentimental towards Biophilia, despite putting it almost at the very end of my list :crai:

It's the first album I bought for myself on CD (the 2nd being BTD Paradise Edition), the videos from this era were so captivating, and the theme will be close to my heart since I used to be kind of a nerd lol 

volta stan here lmao, never understood why is that album so hated / slept upon. the anohni features, war references, ambient sounds scattered across songs... it gives me the exact buzz i long to find every time i play that album. 

this would be my ranking according to my spotify 

1. homogenic
  2. volta
  3. vespertine
  4. post
  5. vulnicura
  6. debut
  7. Utopia
  8. biophilia
  9. medúlla

i could go into detail but i dont want to (i love them all tho)