teethclick

Björk

Homogenic is probably where a lot of people start cos it's the easiest to like first listen from what I gather but once you get used to the sounds fucking hit up Vespertine next. It is bloody art.

I really love Post as well.

All is full of love is. the. best. song. ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjAoBKagWQA

It's breath taking.

Live, it's just soul taking.

I actually started with Homogenic after Biophilia because I was reading an article on Stereogum that was listing her albums from worst to best. 

It listed Biophilia as the worst, which I find really hard to believe.. but anyway, it said Homogenic was the best & I've read a lot of good stuff on the internet about it anyway, so I figured I'd start there. 

From Homogenic, I really loved Joga and Unravel. Pluto is really good too, as is All Is Full of Love. They're all great honestly, though the only ones that didn't stick with me as much were All Neon Like, Immature, and Alarm Call.

Biophilia is what got me wanting to look into her more though, I really think it's a great album. Crystalline was the first song of hers I listened to, and it blew me away. It's one of my favorites, along with Thunderbolt.

14417469274.gif

I actually started with Homogenic after Biophilia because I was reading an article on Stereogum that was listing her albums from worst to best. 

It listed Biophilia as the worst, which I find really hard to believe.. but anyway, it said Homogenic was the best & I've read a lot of good stuff on the internet about it anyway, so I figured I'd start there. 

From Homogenic, I really loved Joga and Unravel. Pluto is really good too, as is All Is Full of Love. They're all great honestly, though the only ones that didn't stick with me as much were All Neon Like, Immature, and Alarm Call.

Biophilia is what got me wanting to look into her more though, I really think it's a great album. Crystalline was the first song of hers I listened to, and it blew me away. It's one of my favorites, along with Thunderbolt.

Ohhh I see. Yes Unravel is one of my top fav songs of Bjorks tbh. If you like Crystalline can I suggest Aurora and Oceania maybe?

Bjorks best songs imo are:

1. All is full of love by far

2. Possibly Maybe

3 Pagan poetry

4. unravel

5. Aurora/ Oceania

6. violently Happy

7. Joga

8. Bachelorette 

9. Its not up to you

10. Isobel

Tbh just everything she does is gold

oh. my god. I feel it in the air,

Ohhh I see. Yes Unravel is one of my top fav songs of Bjorks tbh. If you like Crystalline can I suggest Aurora and Oceania maybe?

Bjorks best songs imo are:

1. All is full of love by far

2. Possibly Maybe

3 Pagan poetry

4. unravel

5. Aurora/ Oceania

6. violently Happy

7. Joga

8. Bachelorette 

9. Its not up to you

10. Isobel

Tbh just everything she does is gold

Thank you for the suggestions!! I'm actually stuck on which album to listen to next, so since you suggested Aurora and Oceania, I'll listen to Vespertine next, then Medulla. :)

14417469274.gif

Thank you for the suggestions!! I'm actually stuck on which album to listen to next, so since you suggested Aurora and Oceania, I'll listen to Vespertine next, then Medulla. :)

yesss yesss yesss. Omg please album review I'm keen to hear what you think!

oh. my god. I feel it in the air,

Do you ever just love a song and everything about it, and then discover months later what the lyrics are (because you had never paid attention before) and then fucking cry because they are so beautiful and elegant and RELEVANT????? Well yeah. That's Unravel for me. Probably my favorite Bjork song entirely.

MEGA BUMP!

Can we please resurrect this thread?? I am falling so in love with her music. What is everyone's favorite song/album?

I still haven't listened to it all the way through yet, but Vespertine is a really amazing record!! Homogenic as well. As for favorite songs..

Unravel

Cocoon

Crystalline

Thunderbolt

I See Who You Are

14417469274.gif

Do you ever just love a song and everything about it, and then discover months later what the lyrics are (because you had never paid attention before) and then fucking cry because they are so beautiful and elegant and RELEVANT????? Well yeah. That's Unravel for me. Probably my favorite Bjork song entirely.

I still haven't listened to it all the way through yet, but Vespertine is a really amazing record!! Homogenic as well. As for favorite songs..

Unravel

Cocoon

Crystalline

Thunderbolt

I See Who You Are

I have no clue what my fave is yet, but I love Jogá, Bachelorette, Pagan Poetry, Hollow, Mutual Core, Army Of Me, Pneumonia, etc :legend:

H0bDaqU.gif

i really want to get into Bjork tbh, declare independence is the only song i really like from her though, should i listen to the rest of volta?

I honestly think Volta is like the worst place to start for most people. I'd suggest listening to Post, Vespertine, or Homogenic to get started.

H0bDaqU.gif

Thought I'd share my progress so far with delving into Björk, here's my ratings for each album as it stands:

Debut: 6/10

Homogenic: 8.5/10

Vespertine: 9.5/10

Medúlla: ---

Volta: 6/10

Biophilia: 9/10

What's everyone else's? :party:

Debut: 7/10

Homogenic: 9.5/10

Dancer in the Dark: 8/10

Vespertine: 10/10

Medúlla: 7/10

Drawing Restraint 9: 2/10 (Only like "Storm/Nameless")

Volta: 7/10

Biophilia: 8/10

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Debut: 7/10

Homogenic: 9.5/10

Dancer in the Dark: 8/10

Vespertine: 10/10

Medúlla: 7/10

Drawing Restraint 9: 2/10 (Only like "Storm/Nameless")

Volta: 7/10

Biophilia: 8/10

Wow maybe I need to check out Selmasongs since you gave it as good of a rating as Biophilic lol. I have ignored it up until now!

And I haven't listened to any of Drawing Restraint #9 other than "Storm", which I did like. Also haven't listened to Medúlla....

H0bDaqU.gif

Wow maybe I need to check out Selmasongs since you gave it as good of a rating as Biophilic lol. I have ignored it up until now!

And I haven't listened to any of Drawing Restraint #9 other than "Storm", which I did like. Also haven't listened to Medúlla....

You don't know HOW STUPID I feel now for writting "Dancer in the Dark" instead of "Selmasongs"  :icant:  :icant:  :icant:

Give it a shot :D It's cool, but first watch the movie, ok? :)

Medúlla is a great album, but it falls into the same category as Volta, DR9 and Biophilia, none of them are easy for the ear or mainstream.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

You don't know HOW STUPID I feel now for writting "Dancer in the Dark" instead of "Selmasongs" :icant: :icant: :icant:

Give it a shot :D It's cool, but first watch the movie, ok? :)

Medúlla is a great album, but it falls into the same category as Volta, DR9 and Biophilia, none of them are easy for the ear or mainstream.

Haha it's okay, I knew what you meant ;)

And the thing is that I LOVEEE Biophilia, so maybe I would feel the same about Medúlla!

The only track on Biophilia I don't really love is "Sacrifice"... I need to give it another listen

H0bDaqU.gif

Haha it's okay, I knew what you meant ;)

And the thing is that I LOVEEE Biophilia, so maybe I would feel the same about Medúlla!

The only track on Biophilia I don't really love is "Sacrifice"... I need to give it another listen

Biophilia is amazing, but I feel like she has made better.

Check the albums you haven't listen to yet :D

Biophilia is amazing, but I feel like she has made better.

Check the albums you haven't listen to yet :D

Will do! I actually just listened through a hunk of Medúlla and wow it's sooo weird lol... I mean I don't hate it, but I'm not sure how I feel about the whole acapella thing tbqh. Like I love Björk's vocals layered over beautiful instrumentation, and she took away half of that on Medúlla.

H0bDaqU.gif