teethclick

Björk

Stream post <3

We stan post  :hooker:

1o0m8bldrh551.png

So whats yall's fav björk album?

Mine is Vespertine  :flutter:

1o0m8bldrh551.png

Vulnicura as a narrative and overall because arca’a beats with her string arrangements is heaven

Medulla because her vocal capabilities on it are insane

I’d say vespertine is 3rd for me only cause I overplayed it wayyyy too much when I first got into her

Tbh it’s hard to pick a “worst” album but I’d say the ones I listen to the least are Post and Utopia but both have some of my favorite songs she’s ever made (hyperballad, saint, etc)

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

mine's also verspertine

everything about this album sounds so special, from the lyrics, to the melodies, everything is pure art, feels like winter, introspective, and to me it's her most art pop album

in 2nd comes post, then biophilia

Vespertine & Biophilia are from another reality :poordat:

My personal least fave album is Utopia... there are some good songs but it just feels formless & drags on forever. I really need Björk to make another album by herself on her computer because Vespertine is out of this world..

14417469274.gif

I feel like Homogenic is her “essential” album though that encapsulates her signature on music fully tho if that makes sense

unravel is forever her greatest written song

I feel like Homogenic is her “essential” album though that encapsulates her signature on music fully tho if that makes sense

I completely agree & I feel like Homogenic is for sure a 10/10....... but there is something more impactful + unique about Vespertine & Biophilia. She’s truly a pioneer and legend.

14417469274.gif

I completely agree & I feel like Homogenic is for sure a 10/10....... but there is something more impactful + unique about Vespertine & Biophilia. She’s truly a pioneer and legend.

Biophilia would be a 10/10 if not for Dark Matter and Hollow tainting the whole album for me lol

Biophilia would be a 10/10 if not for Dark Matter and Hollow tainting the whole album for me lol

Not gonna lie, I skip these songs as well. But the entire era + app + instruments she created... and songs like Crystalline, Thunderbolt, Mutual Core, Nattura..... VIRUS :poordat:

Who could ever? Only Björk :legend:

14417469274.gif

Utopia, i can't believe how much I ended up loving it! Before that my favorites were Vulnicura, Vespertine and Volta

Love all her albums but the ones i go back to less would prolly be Debut.

besides the music and the fact that biophilia's lyrics are some of her best (i.e. virus), what attracts me the most is the album's production, the instruments she used, the whole app concept, the visuals... everything was so well done, truly an art piece

Not gonna lie, I skip these songs as well. But the entire era + app + instruments she created... and songs like Crystalline, Thunderbolt, Mutual Core, Nattura..... VIRUS :poordat:

Who could ever? Only Björk :legend:

Virus is most definitely one of her top 5 maybe even top 3

(This is a long reply :oic2:)

Vulnicura as a narrative and overall because arca’a beats with her string arrangements is heaven

Medulla because her vocal capabilities on it are insane

I’d say vespertine is 3rd for me only cause I overplayed it wayyyy too much when I first got into her

Tbh it’s hard to pick a “worst” album but I’d say the ones I listen to the least are Post and Utopia but both have some of my favorite songs she’s ever made (hyperballad, saint, etc)

Vulnicura is BEAUTIFUL and i love it, probably my 2nd or 3rd fav album from her :flutter:.

Medulla is great aswell.

But POST? nah nothing can beat Post for (Also) 2nd or 3rd fav.

like them all equally but probably Biophilia

I can see how you can like Biophilia, but to be honest i didnt really enjoy the album a whole lot :poordat:.

There's only a few good songs, and they're REALLY good.

mine's also verspertine

everything about this album sounds so special, from the lyrics, to the melodies, everything is pure art, feels like winter, introspective, and to me it's her most art pop album

in 2nd comes post, then biophilia

YES we love a Vespertine stan.

Post and Biophilia are kinda lit too :D.

My personal least fave album is Utopia... there are some good songs but it just feels formless & drags on forever. I really need Björk to make another album by herself on her computer because Vespertine is out of this world..

Finally someone who doesnt like utopia like me lol  :crossed:

unravel is forever her greatest written song

omg homogenic YES we stan  :hooker:

Unravel is beautiful.

Post and Debut are my favs from her

Debut isnt that great, But its still a good album :crossed:.

Utopia, i can't believe how much I ended up loving it! Before that my favorites were Vulnicura, Vespertine and Volta

Love all her albums but the ones i go back to less would prolly be Debut.

YESS nice to see someone actually likes Volta!  :teehee:

But tbh Utopia is just kinda stale for me

idk  :facepalm:

1o0m8bldrh551.png

Hmmm so hard, each album is its' own distinct universe, yet they all feel connected, kind of like planets in the Björk solar system lol.

But top 3:

1.) Vespertine- stunning. nothing else needs to be said.

2.) Homogenic- as others have already mentioned, this encapsulates quintessential elements such orchestral, trip-hop influences, passionate and soaring vocals as well as beautiful and not at all hackneyed metaphors/ conversational storytelling tone to the lyrics.

3.) Post- Just because it is very diverse and shows hoe Björk can take so many different genres and twist them to sound cohesive in one album. Also hyperballad is an absolute classic. And I love the creative use of Locrian mode (usually only used in metal, very uncommon in other genres) in Army Of Me. Also, Army Of Me is the ultimate anthem to sing when people won't stop complaining lol.

giphy.gif

1.) Vespertine- stunning. nothing else needs to be said.

2.) Homogenic- as others have already mentioned, this encapsulates quintessential elements such orchestral, trip-hop influences, passionate and soaring vocals as well as beautiful and not at all hackneyed metaphors/ conversational storytelling tone to the lyrics.

3.) Post- Just because it is very diverse and shows hoe Björk can take so many different genres and twist them to sound cohesive in one album. Also hyperballad is an absolute classic. And I love the creative use of Locrian mode (usually only used in metal, very uncommon in other genres) in Army Of Me. Also, Army Of Me is the ultimate anthem to sing when people won't stop complaining lol.

OMG YES this is my exact top 3???

1o0m8bldrh551.png

Vespertine will be one of the only few albums I'll never get tired of. Even though I've already listened to it tons, it's so addictive!! Hidden Place, Undo, Unison, Heirloom and Pagan Poetry are all soooo amazing. I love this entire album so so much. It's also one of the few albums that I can get through in a sitting without feeling bored. Even though the songs are so peaceful and calming, they excite and amp you up in a certain way, too.  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:

death grips is online !