teethclick

Björk

The tinnitus and hearing in my right ear have really been the worst today so I spent hours doing research and making a Twitter thread on Björk and Finland - in which I will educate you on how Finnish flute music influenced her, how she covered a Finnish folk song at the age of 10 in 1975, her love for the Moomins and her concert history in our country of a thousand lakes. Enjoy  :flutter:

One Little Indian Records has changed their name to One Little Independent Records after receiving a letter from a fan that detailed why the label name and logo are offensive. This should've been done a long time ago but I'm happy they did it now

Happy 25th birthday to Post  :wub:  Still one of the few albums that I absolutely don't love, but adore every single from it lmao

Ugh I missed this omg. Same, it's my least favorite, but still :defeated:

The tinnitus and hearing in my right ear have really been the worst today so I spent hours doing research and making a Twitter thread on Björk and Finland - in which I will educate you on how Finnish flute music influenced her, how she covered a Finnish folk song at the age of 10 in 1975, her love for the Moomins and her concert history in our country of a thousand lakes. Enjoy  :flutter:

I'll read this!!

Ugh I missed this omg. Same, it's my least favorite, but still :defeated:

Not her best but still a slay :defeated: I'd definitely tweak the tracklist if I had the chance though

8nl2OpX.png

I wanted to know if she has other industrial songs like Army Of Me and Enjoy (Post is the only full album I've listened from her)

If you are interested in her industrial electronic side, then you should check out Homogenic. It's not industrial, it's rather techno and straight up electronic, but the beats are hard as hell and very distorted, industrial-like.

Then you have Declare Independence from Volta, which is more industrial rock / electrorock (that song in particular, not the whole album).

And finally the Utopia album. It is her most varied album in terms of mood and emotions. There is a section where she's expressing anger, and there are industrial music elements (Loss and Sue Me). There are more subtle industrial elements throughout the whole thing though (Arisen My Senses, Body Memory).

I recommend Mutant by Arca (her co-producer). It's her heaviest, most industrial record to date. Also my industrial pop masterpiece "my body is a prison" :creep: jk

If you are interested in her industrial electronic side, then you should check out Homogenic. It's not industrial, it's rather techno and straight up electronic, but the beats are hard as hell and very distorted, industrial-like.

Then you have Declare Independence from Volta, which is more industrial rock / electrorock (that song in particular, not the whole album).

And finally the Utopia album. It is her most varied album in terms of mood and emotions. There is a section where she's expressing anger, and there are industrial music elements (Loss and Sue Me). There are more subtle industrial elements throughout the whole thing though (Arisen My Senses, Body Memory).

I recommend Mutant by Arca (her co-producer). It's her heaviest, most industrial record to date. Also my industrial pop masterpiece "my body is a prison" :creep: jk

Thank you so much!

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Three dates from the Björk Orchestral tour is going to be live streamed from Iceland on August! Apparently it will be free and there will be options to donate money to COVID and BLM purposes. These shows will be completely acoustic, with an "unplugged" style.

I hope the livestream is high quality I need this so bad :oprah:

8nl2OpX.png

Three dates from the Björk Orchestral tour is going to be live streamed from Iceland on August! Apparently it will be free and there will be options to donate money to COVID and BLM purposes. These shows will be completely acoustic, with an "unplugged" style.

I hope the livestream is high quality I need this so bad :oprah:

oh shit they're STREAMING them?  :defeated:

oh shit they're STREAMING them?  :defeated:

Yeees, three dates on August will be streamed, I truly can't wait we haven't had something like this since the strings section in the Family Box I think, I made an album of the Brodsky quartet recordings we have and I'm obsessed, I can't wait to have this.

I wish it features more post Vespertine material tho and hopefully not only Utopia material :creep:

8nl2OpX.png

I recently moved to Helsinki next to a river descending into the ocean with a forest nearby and absolutely incredible outdoor possibilities. I've been taking long walks on nature trails, bays and islands on a daily basis and there really isn't anything better than walking in the nature while listening to Björk. So far I've been very keen on listening to Utopia - obviously - and Vulnicura. It started raining in the middle of my forest walk this morning as I was listening to Vulnicura and I didn't even mind getting wet as it really felt like a purifying experience, just walking on a trail in the rain accompanied by the strings and her layered vocals - until it started pouring so bad I actually started fearing for my phone (my clothes were soaking wet and I have a cracked screen) so I had to cut my walk short. But the tranquility is addicting.

I've been laid off for nearly 5 months and of course my work starts just as the orchestral shows begin in a couple of weeks... I'm thinking of buying the streaming ticket and I'll probably just have my boyfriend screen record (or at least audio record) them for me in case I'm at work. I can't wait :defeated:

I recently moved to Helsinki next to a river descending into the ocean with a forest nearby and absolutely incredible outdoor possibilities. I've been taking long walks on nature trails, bays and islands on a daily basis and there really isn't anything better than walking in the nature while listening to Björk. So far I've been very keen on listening to Utopia - obviously - and Vulnicura. It started raining in the middle of my forest walk this morning as I was listening to Vulnicura and I didn't even mind getting wet as it really felt like a purifying experience, just walking on a trail in the rain accompanied by the strings and her layered vocals - until it started pouring so bad I actually started fearing for my phone (my clothes were soaking wet and I have a cracked screen) so I had to cut my walk short. But the tranquility is addicting.

I've been laid off for nearly 5 months and of course my work starts just as the orchestral shows begin in a couple of weeks... I'm thinking of buying the streaming ticket and I'll probably just have my boyfriend screen record (or at least audio record) them for me in case I'm at work. I can't wait :defeated:

That sounds incredible, and honestly I'm jealous :poordat: How I wish I lived by nature. Enjoy!!!!! <3