what was this mess lmao everyone I rooted for ended up in the losers group

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

season 1 of drag race uk was one of the worst things i’ve ever seen on television but season 2 has been amazing so far. the cast is great, almost all the queens are likeable. so far tayce and veronica are my favs. tayce’s lipsync was so haunting.. i’m more invested in DRUK than regular drag race rn tbh.. i feel like season 13 hasn’t started yet. the first 3 episodes were so boring.. this recent one was alright i guess. so far tamisha and symone are my favs. i don’t really care for the rest yet. 

qfrWuBl.png

the way this season of DRUK has been amazing so far but then the judging happens.. how the fuck was ginny safe omg like sure the other 2 queens deserved to be in the bottom but she literally just had pink fabric wrapped around her. I'm glad Tia didn't get eliminated but whew I did not expect Asstina to be eliminated this early. I guess this keeps it unexpected and exciting but.. that judging was not it. 

qfrWuBl.png

So far I'm enjoying the second season of UK so much better. Ginny's self elimination, the corona situation, the Eurovision episode, queens not holding back the drama - it's so chaotic I love it. However I was so disappointed to see Veronica go because she was my top 3 and I even saw her winning. My top 3 for now are Lawrence, Tayce and maybe Ellie or Tia. 

Season 13 - mehhh... I only watch for Rose, Denali and Olivia. Symone is all right too. The favoritism of the winners circle is so obvious (especially with Kandy, Gottmik and Tina) and it throws me off completely... I hate how in recent seasons you can see right at the begining who's making it to the finale and never lipsyncing no matter how badly they flop at some challenges. Makes the show so predictable and less interesting. Anyways, fingers crossed that snatch game and rusical won't be crap

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, heavvyhitter said:

i hate it here.. what is this UK WHAT IS THIS

are you refering to the well-deserving iconic winner :pout::pout:

giphy.gif

Season 13 was shit. I’m so glad we got UK2 during it. I didn’t watch the finale but Symone def won that season. She’s also basically the only queen from the top 4 I really liked lmao.

(I liked Gottmik but she’s besties w a pedophile so idk about that, Kandy’s annoying & I’m just not Rosé’s target audience)

qfrWuBl.png

14 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

Season 13 was shit. I’m so glad we got UK2 during it. I didn’t watch the finale but Symone def won that season. She’s also basically the only queen from the top 4 I really liked lmao.

(I liked Gottmik but she’s besties w a pedophile so idk about that, Kandy’s annoying & I’m just not Rosé’s target audience)

Nvm. Didn’t know she was friends w/ James, yikes 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Nothing against Symone winning, but when Rose "lost" that lipsync I just skipped the whole episode. Kandy as a runner up next to all these amazing queens who killed it this season?  This was probably the fakest, most forced season of drag race ever. I enjoyed some episodes like snatch game, the roast and the Phenomenon song done by the losers circle but the rest belongs straight to garbage - the judging and the obvious favorable editing made it unbearable. That social media rusical was the death of US franchise for me. I'm praying they don't do this to the upcoming UK seasons.

giphy.gif

Anyone axcited for AS6? Also did Scarlet quote Lana in her enterance when she said "Off to the races" ? I know she's a huge fan of hers and she wanted to do Lana in S11 Snatch Game but didn't make it to the SG episode. 

giphy.gif

so... i've been off work sick for the past couple of days so i decided to watch Drag Race Down Under (i tuned into the first episode and hated it so much i didn't go back till now) and.... yikes. YIKES.

i can't quite put my finger on what made it so universally unenjoyable, but here's a couple of things i picked up on:

• the pacing felt.... off? the episodes often felt rushed and they lacked the usual little editing tricks that help smoothly transition between segments, giving it an amateur feel overall. not to mention the series itself was super short, although honestly.... maybe it's a good thing we got that over and done with quickly :scoff:
  • the editing was just WEIRD. it felt like the sound effects were all coming in at the wrong time, and any jokes made or playful shade thrown during the confessionals didn't land because the editing was so bizarre.... jokes and shade were either given too much time to settle or not quite enough.
  • all Drag Race seasons have forced storylines and favouritism, but none so brazenly obvious as this season (except maybe S13). they didn't even try to mask it well, which is how they usually get away with it. two queens could do the exact same thing, yet they'd compliment one queen for it and drag the other for it. i understand this is how reality tv like this works, we all do, but usually it comes across a lot smoother and less jarring. this series might be the most egregious and unenjoyable example of riggory in Drag Race so far.
  • the storylines were uninteresting throughout. i mean, look at past seasons of Drag Race and think of their most interesting storylines, whether they were fabricated or not - Coco vs Alyssa, Phi Phi vs Sharon (and Willam), the "underdog" storyline of Jinkx Monsoon, Bianca Del Rio's character development, even Nina Bonina Brown's infuriatingly sad "inner saboteur" storyline in S9. even if these storylines were pushed and forced by production, they at least made the show interesting. if we're gonna have such a high level of producer interference like we have in Down Under, can they at least get the producer interference to result in some fun and interesting storylines?? outside of Elektra's underdog story (which didn't have much pay off in the end, since she went home on an episode she actually did well in), i can't name a single storyline or example of character development throughout the whole season.
  • the producers' radars are way off it seems - they clearly expected Karen to be a fan favourite, yet.... everyone i've spoken to just finds it frustrating that she was pushed all the way to the finale when she didn't deserve it lmao.
  • that blackface debacle. YIKES. yikes yikes yikes yikes YIKES.

this combined with S13 (which was too long and honestly very boring) just isn't a good look for the franchise. thank god for DRUK2 and im praying AS6 is at least fun to watch!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

@daphnedinkley I agree with you about Down Under, I didn't even finish the season because it was just unwatchable. The mistreatment of Elektra, Art's return out of nowehere, Karen being pushed to the finale for no reason... It was a mess 

Anyways AS6 is out and I liked the first 2 episodes very much. Even though the talent show was a bit shit, I love the cast and I'm excited to see what they got to offer. Scarlet really impressed me and idk why the judges ignored her when she deseved to be on top in both episodes. I was rooting for Jan but now I kinda see she'll probably get overshadowed by most of the other queens. Ra'Jah killed it both episodes and I'm loving her character development storyline. For now it has a potential to be a great season, it seems quite unpredictable. Unlike the last All Stars season where you knew immediatelly who the top 3 was going to be. I mean, the whole AS5 felt like it was made for Shea, Juju and Cracker and the rest were just kinda there. I didn't get this impression from AS6, it really feels like ayone's game. 

And I screamed when Coco was lipsync assasin because she's probbaly the best one in the whole franchise so it was about time! ....and then she turns up and they give her Uptown Funk BYE:crai:

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, Mind Melt said:

why tf was eureka in the top this week :rip: 

kylie was robbed of her top spot!

AGREEEEEEEEED! Kylie was so fucking good, that pout she did at the end of her performance sent me!! Eureka was just meh :um2: the producers are pushing her so hard, I like her but she didn't deserve top 3 in the ball and she didn't deserve top 3 here.

imo top 3 was: Trinity, Jan, Kylie

bottom 3: Ginger, Yara, A'keria

top all star: Jan - I would've said Trinity but I think Jan's runway look was a tiebreaker, I liked it way more than Trinity's

bottom 2: Ginger and A'keria

so so so so so so sad to see Yara go, she was my pick to win :rollin:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Y'all I have Pramount+ so i can watch Seasons 1-11 and All Stars all seasons I think but I can't watch anything past RPDR Season 11. Anyone know where I can watch season 12-13? Also, what about the other Drag Races from other countries like UK, Canada, etc?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole