M.I.A.

Azealia Banks

31 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

Britney can't sing so I'm not a fan, what's hard to understand? As for Nicki her lyrics are trash and she's always been insufferable. I don't care for most pop music, I haven't even heard a Selena Gomez song so I don't know, but it wouldn't be mind blowing if she could. I wouldn't go to see a show where the artist lip syncs even for free. I don't listen to artists who don't write their own music either.

What is hard to understand is why you’re trashing on other artists for literally no reason in the Azealia Banks thread. Did it make you feel edgy and cool to say Britney is untalented just because you don’t like her music? Nobody agrees with you. You’re embarrassing yourself. 

anyway yeah it’s disappointing to yet again see Banks being a messy hateful clown, but y’all give her too much attention for this shit & it’s why she keeps saying it - for the attention she knows it will generate 

14417469274.gif

2 hours ago, MAX DEL REY said:

I'm going to be honest and say it: I don't really like this type of discourse.

I just want to say that I'm usually a fan of your posts and contributions on LB and I totally get what you mean, but the reason most people brought up what she said about Lana is because of that–it's something she said about Lana. It's a no brainer that Azealia is a hateful person with a history of being proudly vocal with problematic, hateful, degrading and even heinous things about literally everyone. I don't think anyone on here notices every dumb thing Azealia says about every single person/group of people, unless they have the time to go through her daily 1094098 Insta stories. It's pointless to imply "you weren't saying anything when she said this or that" well of course we were not, we don't have an alert on our phone that goes off every time this dumb bitch opens her mouth, doesn't mean we excuse her pathetic/attention-grabbing behaviour on other very specific, and troubling, issues.

I was not trying to excuse Azealia's actions, so idk why people are just assuming I am.

I thought I was being clear in saying that I don't like having to scroll through x amount of posts saying "she's not attractive" (this one specifically got me mad because of course a white fucking Brit or wherever the fuck they are is the first in line to tell a black woman she's not pretty), she doesn't make good music, her tits look bad, etc.

The same fucking user has already done this like three times already just to fire up the same people.

heyyy unpopular opinion time :hype:

i don't agree when people always come at her saying her career failed or that the only thing that gives her a career is the attention from starting drama. i really just think that she isn't interested in being a star. tons of people in the music industry just dabble in it to make music and then live their own life doing other stuff 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

3 hours ago, MAX DEL REY said:

I'm going to be honest and say it: I don't really like this type of discourse.

I just want to say that I'm usually a fan of your posts and contributions on LB and I totally get what you mean, but the reason most people brought up what she said about Lana is because of that–it's something she said about Lana. It's a no brainer that Azealia is a hateful person with a history of being proudly vocal with problematic, hateful, degrading and even heinous things about literally everyone. I don't think anyone on here notices every dumb thing Azealia says about every single person/group of people, unless they have the time to go through her daily 1094098 Insta stories. It's pointless to imply "you weren't saying anything when she said this or that" well of course we were not, we don't have an alert on our phone that goes off every time this dumb bitch opens her mouth, doesn't mean we excuse her pathetic/attention-grabbing behaviour on other very specific, and troubling, issues.

:gclap:

me liking posts from all sides because valid points were made all around and i like to remain impartial:

200.gif

anyways i think @Bunny Mozart hit the nail on the head, separating the art from the artist can only go so far—and that applies to everyone 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Does Azealia stalk Lana sightings like we do on Lanaboards? For someone who claims to hate Lana so much, she's always chiming in with unnecessary commentary when Lana has paparrazi photos taken lately... it's sad

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

2 hours ago, comeintomybedroom said:

I was not trying to excuse Azealia's actions, so idk why people are just assuming I am.

I get that, I never said you did though. I literally said that I think it's pointless to accuse other people of selectively clutching their pearls over whatever Azealia says. This kind of rhetoric is moot imho.

17 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

Does Azealia stalk Lana sightings like we do on Lanaboards? For someone who claims to hate Lana so much, she's always chiming in with unnecessary commentary when Lana has paparrazi photos taken lately... it's sad

Plot twist: Azealia is Chemtrail :oic3: It would be concurrent with the rest of her fan behavior 

13 hours ago, comeintomybedroom said:

I thought I was being clear in saying that I don't like having to scroll through x amount of posts saying "she's not attractive" (this one specifically got me mad because of course a white fucking Brit or wherever the fuck they are is the first in line to tell a black woman she's not pretty), she doesn't make good music, her tits look bad, etc.

The same fucking user has already done this like three times already just to fire up the same people.

@ me sweetie, its okay, you seem to enjoy pointing out race like its your full time job or something, its tiring and proves only that you're constantly on the edge of your seat itching to call someone racist and it wouldn't be the first time, so please save your anger about what i post for something more useful x

i was calling her unattractive because thats my opinion and this is the azealia banks thread,

the same way the person you're defending constantly calls everyone else unnatractive and hurtful things,

so get over it 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

4 hours ago, Doja Cat said:

I know she says all this vile shit just for shock value and drama, but I have feeling that deep down she is a really nice person. She's just been hurt and traumatized, I am not excusing her behavior tho.

I know you're being empathetic, and I understand that, but she's a grown woman who has shown time and time again that she's more of a bad person than a good one - mental illness or no mental illness. You can't be a nice person and say in the same breath that a certain artist deserved to get raped. You just can't.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I’ve decided to stop following her on all social media. Still happy to check out new music as i can seperate the artist from the art......usually, however, her stories can get very ugly and i don’t want to see that shit on my feed. She seems to a be a fairly awful person sadly. I know she may suffer from mental health issues, but that doesn’t give her free reign to be a despicable person, sorry. 

Anyway....

new song “Six Flags” feat. Slim Dollars out tonight at midnight on DSPS (and it’s already out in NZ so it’s actually happening)

Produced by Lunice (Runnin’, Crown)

premiered on Joe Budden’s podcast yesterday 

giphy.gif