M.I.A.

Azealia Banks

No literally that shit isn’t ever coming. “fantasea ii will be fully released when i hit 1.7m followers” even if she hit 10million we wouldn’t get ANYTHING

14 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

Are the plans for her album still up? Is she still releasing it?

I doubt that Azealia has any more knowledge about it than we do:bebe:

azealia banks is the best female rapper of our time and i will not let anyone tell me otherwise! luxury alone ended several careers and it’s not even her best song

8 minutes ago, Doja Cat said:

Y'all can say what you want but at the end of the day she was right about the 90% of the things she said, she just said them in the most wrong and brutal way. 

yup. and i’m not gonna defend everything she’s said since she’s not perfect in the slightest… but there have been so many celebrities who have done so much worse than her and they don’t have nearly as bad of a reputation as azealia and it’s weird.

23 minutes ago, Doja Cat said:

Y'all can say what you want but at the end of the day she was right about the 90% of the things she said, she just said them in the most wrong and brutal way. 

yeah i def agree w her saying Doja Cat cellulite is disgusting! 100% right

2 hours ago, Doja Cat said:

That's why I said 90% 

well lets try calling zayn malik pejorative words as a muslim! or saying sarah palin should be raped... or cursing grimes' baby... or badmouthing lana because shes fat... or saying sophie and arca are "fake" trans women..... should i go on until we fill the 10%?

1 minute ago, expandableclitoris said:

saying sarah palin should be raped... or cursing grimes' baby... or badmouthing lana because shes fat...

1) she was vulgar & brutal in saying it but I’m pretty sure it was in the context of Sarah palin being anti abortion that it was said? so it’s not like she just randomly said “get raped sarah palin”. don’t agree with it but still, it wasn’t an insult

2) i think she was joking about grimes’ baby

3) babes half the ppl on this forum fatshame lana 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

On 10/14/2021 at 7:24 PM, VioletBunny said:

1) she was vulgar & brutal in saying it but I’m pretty sure it was in the context of Sarah palin being anti abortion that it was said? so it’s not like she just randomly said “get raped sarah palin”. don’t agree with it but still, it wasn’t an insult

2) i think she was joking about grimes’ baby

3) babes half the ppl on this forum fatshame lana 

well then get raped too!

mod note: user was banned for this post

Also I’m sure it’s been said here before but Azealia’s early life and early career were not setting her up for success. People say she threw away her career by acting the way she does but the industry was already trying its hardest to sabotage her.. Her meltdowns are the least of what you’d expect from someone who’s been through what she has. 

I’m not excusing her abhorrent behaviour but I wish people would have more empathy etc. She’s not perfect but like she’s had some really tough times and like other people said, I see worse shit tweeted on the daily. 

also, just checked - Azealia apologised to Sarah (who does NOT deserve one by any means) and clarified she didn’t tell her to get raped, she told her to get laid. Fair enough!

4 minutes ago, expandableclitoris said:

well then get raped too!

imagine coming on here to flex how morally superior u are to everyone who listens to Azealia.. then type this ??

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

3 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

Also I’m sure it’s been said here before but Azealia’s early life and early career were not setting her up for success. People say she threw away her career by acting the way she does but the industry was already trying its hardest to sabotage her.. Her meltdowns are the least of what you’d expect from someone who’s been through what she has. 

I’m not excusing her abhorrent behaviour but I wish people would have more empathy etc. She’s not perfect but like she’s had some really tough times and like other people said, I see worse shit tweeted on the daily. 

also, just checked - Azealia apologised to Sarah (who does NOT deserve one by any means) and clarified she didn’t tell her to get raped, she told her to get laid. Fair enough!

imagine coming on here to flex how morally superior u are to everyone who listens to Azealia.. then type this ??

Well honey you just said telling someone to get raped isnt an insult... you shouldnt be offended by that!

And sorry, not reading all of this, but no im not being empathetic with her ever. Imagine having to spend your night excusing someone erratic homophobic racist etcetc behaviour... Im sorry, but im indeed morally superior than that! 

3 hours ago, VioletBunny said:

you’re absolutely correct. I’m not gonna try to excuse all of her actions because let’s face it— she is very imperfect. she has said many nasty things that i completely disagree with. with that being said, azealia has almost always apologized for the abhorrent statements she’s made. she has apologized to zayn malik, sarah palin (as previously stated), trans people in general, the list goes on. and i truly believe that she was sincere and genuine when apologizing. as someone who lives with someone who suffers from the same exact disorder that Azealia has, i can understand how it would be very difficult to accept her apologies since it happens SO often. and it’s completely understandable! azealia has said so many gross things, you’d think she’d stop after a certain point. but she doesn’t. she says lots of offensive shit, especially when she’s in a dark mindset.. as someone who lives with someone who has bipolar disorder as well, i can tell you from firsthand experience that it happens way more frequently than you’d think, and this is someone who is medicated. people with bipolar disorder can say so many things in the moment and disregard the feelings of those they love and anyone in the vicinity. this is all me talking from an objective perspective, and i really think azealia needs lots of support and love in her life. her youth into her teenage years and her experience in the industry were all deeply troubled and i don’t think anyone would come out sane if they suffered what she did. 

i hope this can help you guys understand where i’m coming from. yet again, i am not excusing her actions. i want nothing more for azealia than to be surrounded by those who love her so she can be in a perpetual space of love & empathy, but i don’t think that is a realistic reality for her. i think the main reason why i’m a fan of her is because it feels like i already know her so much… she reminds me so much of the loved one in my family. and i guess thats kinda fucked up, but there’s not much i can do. i love that person in my family despite everything they’ve done to me, and i put up with all their bullshit, because i know they’re trying their best. and i feel that same way about azealia.