M.I.A.

Azealia Banks

Best remix ever  :omg:

oouffffffYAASSSS

THANKS GUYS! :D :D :D 

I love the remix tbh, it has this borderline 90s house feel

the rap verses sound like a vogue break

Thank you so much! Yeah, I wanted to maintain some of the house elements present in the original, but I also wanted to incorporate elements of soul and funk with the guitars and hand drums and bass grooves.  The verses were DEFINITELY meant for voguing- definitely wanted to bring banks back to her queer origins. Fierce still remains one of my favorites by her and I love when she references New York ball culture so I really wanted to incorporate those elements. I'm so happy you got that from it!

wait a minute...i had to step back because this is too HOT for me!

i like this better than the original haha

WOW. Thanks guys. What a compliment. As soon as we know the outcome of the contest the remix will be made available for free download! 

That interview got REAL OMG. I didn't agree with every single point, but 90% were on point for me and I think everyone should see this so they know Azealia wasn't just attacking Iggy for nothing anymore. She has a lot of deeper rooted feelings in black history and I love her for that.

Also totally random, but I couldn't help thinking that I hope "Fancy" didn't ruin her relationship with Charli because they were friends I believe.

H0bDaqU.gif

Here is an after thought:

I DO think that SOME POINT we have to get over "white people making hip-hop" because a lot of people genuinely like that genre regardless of any other background bullshit.

HOWEVER, I agree with her on the points made about Iggy and how she essentially a "product of what a bunch of people think black-rap/hip-hop is." I totally agree.

I also felt at times it was hard to be white and listen to this interview because I wanted to scream "BUT WAIT AZEALIA I DON'T THINK THAT BUT I GET IT"

:defeated:

Here is an after thought:

I also felt at times it was hard to be white and listen to this interview because I wanted to scream "BUT WAIT AZEALIA I DON'T THINK THAT BUT I GET IT" :defeated:

I understand what you mean but at the end of the day Azealia didn't make her points for her white fans to side with her. It's more of an in depth representation that was made to resonate more with her black and female fans and partly to validate her creation of her identity and thoughts. You don't have to think that way to be apart of the group of people that do.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

# 15 - Complex
# 3 - Cosmopolitan
# 15 - FasterLouder
# 16 - Flavorwire
# 8 - Gigwise
# 98 - musicOMH
# 11 - Passion of the Weiss
# 25 - Pitchfork
# 11 - PopMatters
# 38 - Pretty Much Amazing
# 38 - SPIN
# 79 - The Quietus
# 10 - TIME
# 10 - Vibe
# 21 - Vulture

RAP lists

# 4 - Exclaim! (Hip Hop)
# 6 - SPIN (Hip Hop)

#10 - Rolling Stone
# 22 - Stereogum (Rap)

Sorry for the double post everyone, however, please go to her Twitter right now.

kZ5KwYB.png

A lot of people don't get it, sadly. The problem isn't that Iggy is a white rapper; the problem is that she's pretending to be something she's not (modern day blackface) and is successful because of her white privilege. She is untalented, homophobic, and racist. I don't agree with everything Azealia Banks says, but she's right when it comes to Iggy. She's also right when it comes to T.I. Can you believe that T.I. said that racism is not a thing in Australia?  :facepalm: