M.I.A.

Azealia Banks

If you have to question why it's not racism when Azealia body-shames Lana but IS racially insensitive for Lana to call out a roster of primarily POC female artists, then... I don't know what to tell ya  :rip: It doesn't have anything to do with what those women sing about or what kind of reach Azealia has, versus Lana's -- that's all totally irrelevant to the issue that's been brought up of race

Azealia's a real shithead and says some totally problematic stuff, but claiming she's coming from a place of privilege bc she disrespected your fave is a bad look, not at all sorry bout it 

But why am I at all shocked that we're getting cold takes in the Azealia Banks thread on Lanaboards... disaster begging to happen right there  :toofloppy:

o4qjp4j.png

At least she put out Playhouse last year and Treasure Island + Anna Wintour 2 years ago  :creep:

It's been only two years? Damn, I thought they were released in 2017 lmao

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

So what if she feels empowered singing songs about fucking and cheating? Don't try to hide your racism, lol. You stan a woman who proclaims herselft a feminist, but romantize domestic violence for years now. A place in feminism for women who loves to have their stories told by men who hates them? Bullshit.

What’s the big deal with pointing out that someone has songs about “fucking and cheating”? Lana does as well, “mistress on the side” and countless other examples. Are we supposed to say these singers are all goody two shoes church going 30 year old virgins? Lol.

:sluttybunny:🌧️

so much poison... i didn't even want to talk but girl, i pity...

people and the industry forgot her, now she just want some attention, even some crumbs.

i can't take her seriously.

In my heart of hearts, I’ll always love & root for Azealia even tho she’s a trainwreck.. :rip:

I just want a glimpse of the alternate universe where she didn’t destroy her own career & became the queen of rap. :poordat:

14417469274.gif

Here’s my take on her IG story post. Don’t take what I am about to say personally. This is just my observation;

1. She makes fun of Lana’s weight and it’s not a news headline. No one calls her out on it. It’s not even discussed.

2. Lana mentions a handful of other artists and discuss how the entertainment press covers them in comparison to Lana. Lana says that the press has a double standard in regard to how they cover women in music. She was not criticizing those artists and there was nothing racist about what she said. But Lana gets criticized and called racist.

So here is what we have;

1. Azeilia Banks (a black woman) says nasty things about Lana Del Rey (a White woman) and her weight. She body shams her and violates the community standards on Instagram. She has not been banned from Instagram. Does Azeilia Banks get called a racist? No. Does she get called sexist? No. Does she get called mysogonistic? No. Does the media write op-Ed’s about how wrong her comments are? No. Does the press even notice what she said? No.

2. Lana Del Rey criticizes the music industry and critics and she gets called racist.

The reality....

1. Lana has been PROVEN CORRECT about the double standards. Her IG post from May has been proven to be CORRECT and FACTUAL.

2. Lana mentioned some black artists and she is labeled racist. Azeillia Banks body shams a white woman and no one calls it racist. No one calls it out.

The verdict;

Had Lana Del Rey made fun of Azeilia Banks’ appearance she would be called racist. Azeilia Banks criticizes Lana’s appearance and gets away with it.

Azeilia Banks is privileged. Lana Del Rey is held to a double standard.The media is clearly bias and is trying to divide people.

azealia banks??? privileged??? shes a dark skin black woman.....and you have the audacity to act as if lana isnt in fact very much more priviliged than her?? um...chile, anyways so

azealia banks??? privileged??? shes a dark skin black woman.....and you have the audacity to act as if lana isnt in fact very much more priviliged than her?? um...chile, anyways so

She fat shams Lana and gets away with it. The media stays silent. You can call that privilege. This is just common sense. All you need is common sense to figure out what the media is up to. I just watched Richard Jewell and that movie is a perfect example of how the media is slanted. We need the fairness doctrine reinstated, but the GOP doesn’t want that.

She fat shams Lana and gets away with it. The media stays silent. You can call that privilege. This is just common sense. All you need is common sense to figure out what the media is up to. I just watched Richard Jewell and that movie is a perfect example of how the media is slanted. We need the fairness doctrine reinstated, but the GOP doesn’t want that.

I, for one, am very glad that the media finds more worthwhile things to report on than Azealia Banks causing drama on insta for the 10289394th time 

o4qjp4j.png

I, for one, am very glad that the media finds more worthwhile things to report on than Azealia Banks causing drama on insta for the 10289394th time

True, but the media has shown clear double standards.

But we do have bigger fish to fry, like the fascist in the White House

The media’s staying silent about this cause Azealia isn’t relevant.. (and that’s not me being “shady”, she literally isn’t). Also Azealia’s talking shit about different celebrities on a daily basis. It’s not her “getting away with it” cause she has “privilege”(???), she just doesn’t have the celebrity status that’ll lead to articles if she talks shit about another celebrity. At this point she’s seen more as an internet troll.

qfrWuBl.png

The media’s staying silent about this cause Azealia isn’t relevant.. (and that’s not me being “shady”, she literally isn’t). Also Azealia’s talking shit about different celebrities on a daily basis. It’s not her “getting away with it” cause she has “privilege”(???), she just doesn’t have the celebrity status that’ll lead to articles if she talks shit about another celebrity. At this point she’s seen more as an internet troll.

Then she should be banned from IG if she is a troll.

True, but the media has shown clear double standards.

But we do have bigger fish to fry, like the fascist in the White House

I don’t think there’s clear double standards, the media has reported on her again and again and again and at this point it’s just another of HUNDREDS of scandals. the media just probably doesn’t want to do it anymore. And also, her getting articles written about her is WHAT SHE WANTS. It’s a positive to her! Why else do you think she does it?

everyone is missing the point lmao, let's just accept trashalia is a pos, she should stick to selling soaps and stfu 

Banks. u coulda been the greatest soap seller alive but u blew it

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Yeah I’m not seeing where Miss Banks is privileged... if she was, she’d still have a successful career after beefing with everyone. :toofloppy:

This, also let's not act like AB is relevant anymore or even news worthy

8nl2OpX.png