M.I.A.

Azealia Banks

It really shocks me that she has no one close enough to her to get her the help she needs. :( I feel so bad for her regardless of all of the horrible things that come out her mouth. She clearly has a severe form of mental illness and needs help immediately. That post breaks my heart 

The only friend she had left was Lana. That's over as we know. She has no real family or friends. She's been abused and raped several times by famous men. Her career is in shambles. I mean she spends her days hexing people with her dark witchcraft, Lana being one of the people she hexed. That stuff comes back to you and if you suffer from severe mental illness like she does, it's worst. Someone needs to call 911 and do a wellness check. 

What so many of y’all refuse to understand is that sometimes the people who are hurting the most cannot help but lash out at everyone around them.... it’s clear she’s been hurting for a long time & it’s why I’ve always had nothing but love for her... I’m honestly in tears typing this thinking of how alone she must feel. I wish I could hug her and tell her she’s not alone. :(

14417469274.gif

i do not agree on most if not anything she stands for, but she is a talented artist and i really hope she gets professional help and changes her mind.

Man she's having a hell of a year... Obviously she's had issues with her mental health for a while but I feel like a lot of it has been exacerbated since that incident with her neighbour in Feb. I've thought about that a lot since it happened. A few years ago my house got robbed by two guys while I was home and it got pretty messy. My bf got hit with a baseball bat and had to get stitches in his head. We both felt so fucked up for about 9-10 months after. Constantly on high alert, having panic attacks. My anxiety and depression was out of control from my adrenaline spiking all the time and my bf went through a period of anger (he was never violent) but we fought a lot and I knew it was all stemming from the fear and anger he felt from the incident. I guess my point is that when you already have complex mental health issues like AB I think something like that can really fuck you up for a while especially if you don't get professional treatment and try to work through it in therapy. That on top of all the covid/lockdown shit is a lot to be dealing with. I hope she has people in her life who can love and take care of her and get her help  :ohno:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

despite everything she’s said she’s a human who’s been hurt and hurt people hurt people, she’s been demonized and ignored by the media since the beginning due to her mental health issues the industry seriously fucks people up and it’s so heart breaking i hope someone reaches out to her and let’s her know she’s loved. it’s not her time to go :(

i love you, but you don't understand me.

I don't think Lana is in group chats anymore...from what happened the last time. The best thing, I think, is anyone from LA can call 911 and tell them what's going on. They will do a wellness check. Lana shouldn't be brought into this. 

super long shot, but is anyone on LB in a group chat with lana or know anyone who is? could they encourage her to reach out to Azealia?

I know this sounds bad but I get the impression that most of the people who are in group chats with Lana wouldn't dare ask for fear of offending her. Holding on to their connection to Lana > Azealia's well being. There have been other instances where Lana's safety (not suicide-related) has been at stake and people didn't want to upset the apple cart by telling her.

I have an open DM chat with Barrie, I'm gonna try him in case he knows someone who knows her or something ... feels a bit over the top but I'd rather seem that way than not try.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

What so many of y’all refuse to understand is that sometimes the people who are hurting the most cannot help but lash out at everyone around them.... it’s clear she’s been hurting for a long time & it’s why I’ve always had nothing but love for her... I’m honestly in tears typing this thinking of how alone she must feel. I wish I could hug her and tell her she’s not alone. :(

This is one of the things that scares me the most in the entire world, loneliness. I just can't even wrap my mind on how she must feel during these times, the pandemic has fucked us all over, all of her feeling must feel so much amplified  :ohno:

I think she moved apartment a few weeks ago? She had a roommate on her last one I belive, I hope he can get in touch with her, it's the only close person to her I can think off, also her sister but I'm not sure about how good is her current family relationship

8nl2OpX.png

I know this sounds bad but I get the impression that most of the people who are in group chats with Lana wouldn't dare ask for fear of offending her. Holding on to their connection to Lana > Azealia's well being. There have been other instances where Lana's safety (not suicide-related) has been at stake and people didn't want to upset the apple cart by telling her.

I have an open DM chat with Barrie, I'm gonna try him in case he knows someone who knows her or something ... feels a bit over the top but I'd rather seem that way than not try.

sadly you're right :( I think you have the right idea w/ Barrie tho!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I really hate bothering Barrie with this, so I was really apologetic about it, but I told him. He always reads my stuff if not replies, so

Hopefully, though, someone else who cares about her sees it and checks on her. I just don't like the notion of assuming that someone else is gonna check on her, I'd rather try him in case he can help ...

It's fine to assume that celebrities have plenty of people around them who care, but sometimes it's the exact opposite

This sucks :(

Regardless of what we think we might be doing to help, I'm really not sure Lana is who she would want to hear from right now (even if L. did want to reach out). A better idea might be mental health services in Azealia's area, but I'm on the other side of the world and have no idea how things work there.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

This sucks :(

Regardless of what we think we might be doing to help, I'm really not sure Lana is who she would want to hear from right now (even if L. did want to reach out). A better idea might be mental health services in Azealia's area, but I'm on the other side of the world and have no idea how things work there.

Agreed, my thinking is that maybe he would know a mutual friend or something

I'm pretty sure they were friends when she and Barrie were together, so it's possible? But idk

I really love her a lot. I might delete this cause i don't talk about my actual feelings a lot, but theres something about her that made me instantly connect with her, and I always feel like I see myself in her. I see myself in all the pain she's opened up about, i see myself in the way she lashes out at others because of her own suffering, I see myself in her position feeling like the entire world is against her. And when everyone opposes her for the stupidest reasons and say the cruelest stuff about her I end up taking it personally. I'm just in awe of her strength and perseverance and i've always seen her as a figure of hope 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

I'm just in awe of her strength and perseverance and i've always seen her as a figure of hope

Are you Lanaboard's biggest troll? :toofunny:

She certainly needs support right now, but her attitude and antics prior to this are nothing short of vile. Popping someone who is relentlessly transphobic, homophobic, starting fights and spreading lies onto a pedestal for resilience . . . yikes.

3lfQEhw.png

Are you Lanaboard's biggest troll? :toofunny:

She certainly needs support right now, but her attitude and antics prior to this are nothing short of vile. Popping someone who is relentlessly transphobic, homophobic, starting fights and spreading lies onto a pedestal for resilience . . . yikes.

i never have nor will i ever make excuses for the ways she's been toxic. just cause it doesn't stifle the connection i feel i have for her doesn't mean i think its ok

Anyways, she updated her story

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

Here's her updated story transcribed. Her words sound very slurred, not sure if just tired or if she's under the influence, but it's making me even more concerned for her, especially with what she's saying. I've been in that place, still working to get completely out of it, and it's a terrifying place to be in. No matter what you think of her, I hope you all are sending your positive energy out to her. She really needs it.

"I just had a friend come do a welfare check on me. I’m fine. I promise you I’m fine. Like I’m not scared, but my decision is made. The decision’s made, you know?

I’m just going to try to push through these next couple months. This isn’t what I dreamt, you know? 

****** acting funny with the stans, I’m just gonna (?) the fuckin’ shit, and it’s just gonna come out as a mixtape with two tracks, whatever. Yung Rapunxel, I’ll just put it together. I’ll finally give you Fantasea II, and then I’m going start looking for voluntary euthanasia options… ‘cause.. you know?

I don’t have any more defense. I don’t. I don’t have any more defense. I don’t deserve to be down here being ridiculued, having my ideas stolen, all that other shit. I’d actually rather die than like, you know, some bitch that people continue to make fun of. This is not about other people, it’s just about my body and what I need to do to rest my soul so I can come back stronger.

Like please, please, please don’t get in my DMs. Don’t send me messages. I know, that’s fine, I know, you love me, that’s great, but don’t send me messages about how you care when I’m trouble, when I’ve been like screaming and shouting that I’ve been in trouble for a long time and asking for help for a long time. You know? Don’t just respond to me when I’m ready to go. I’m really just ready to go. I’m ready to go.

But I do feel an obligation to myself, the world, and my fans to finish that last trilogy of projects before I go. They may sound fucked up, they may not be mixed or mastered properly, you know?

But I got to get out of here. I got to get out of here."

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS