M.I.A.

Azealia Banks

11 hours ago, glitch diva said:

Her ethics aren't really an excuse for this not being reported, cause the media give her cloth every time she releases a single.

She’s not relevant enough to have any reporting lol- they only report on her when she names big figures(Russel Crowe) otherwise she is irrelevant to mainstream media.

She’s not SZA or even FKA Twigs- the best she can aim for is Hotnewhiphop reporting 

On 3/11/2023 at 1:00 PM, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Azealia Banks Instagram IG Story Archive:

March 11th, 2023

New Bottega, Sony Music, Legal, Sweat it out records, Australians, Aussies, Parlophone, Andy

AB-NB-Sony-Sweat-It-Out.jpg

AB-NB-Australian-Indie-Label-Parlophone-

what a mess. 

the way it's quite literally always something with her, I can't help but feel embarrassed for everyone involved. :rip:

giphy.gif

https://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/58394/1/whos-afraid-of-azealia-banks-interview?utm_content=buffer30cc2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=dazedtw 

The brief recollection of her childhood is really heartbreaking... 

Spoiler

Azealia Banks was born in Harlem in 1991, to two older sisters and a mother who worked long hours at a retail store on 57th Street. Her father died of pancreatic cancer when she was two, and in the only mental image she has left of him, he is lying in a casket. “That’s why I sound like a Dominican,” she says. “Because I was raised by Dominican caretakers. My mom would throw them a couple thousand dollars and just disappear for five weeks.” Her mother never told her where she was going, never gave an explanation. “I would just be in my head, like, ‘Does my mother not want me any more? Is she coming back? Is she alive?’”

She also developed her musicality in part because of her mother, who, when she was around, would do chores around the house naked while listening to Rachelle Ferrell, Chaka Khan, Donna Summer and Whitney Houston. Banks was ten when her mother was diagnosed with schizophrenia, but their relationship was volcanic long before that. She had to grow up quickly in a home where she was forced to develop a kind of emotional armour. “She would brag about how she did witchcraft and killed my father,” says Banks. On mornings when she had to ride the bus to school after physical altercations, she would listen to Destiny’s Child’s “Happy Face”, and do her best to stop crying so the social workers wouldn’t put her in foster care. By 14, when she began studying acting at LaGuardia, she had moved out of her mother’s home and in with one of her sisters.

“I was always being told that I was a bad person, and I guess I kind of just accepted it as the truth,” she says. “And I think a lot of that early indoctrination, especially during my fundamental years, followed me into the music industry – where you would see me lashing out at people and just, like, being bad. Because that’s who I was told I was. When I came into fame and I had all these people showering me with love and admiration, [telling me] I was good and they liked the things I was creating, it was really uncomfortable for me. I didn’t know how to accept any of that. Nobody ever told me that I was pretty when I was little.”

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, sweetener said:

The brief recollection of her childhood is really heartbreaking... 

It definitely gives insight into her and her personality and why she sometimes reacts the way she does.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

Random IG blabla, this time from the "main account" 

azealiabanksforever IG Story Archive

March 21 2023

AB-IG-Package-2023.jpg

AB-IG-Elon-Twitter.jpg

Banks has mentioned being unsatisfied with not having a Twitter account, but I'm confused, I know she had a newer one a bit back....maybe that one got banned and she expects a new account? 🤔....I must admit to being selfishly glad because it keeps her tethered to IG, easier to archive 😅

What's weird is that New Bottega is back on Spotify again.... so idk...

Tbh, I don't mind the new arrangement, it's decent, but I like the original.

Does anyone have the clip of her saying "it looked bad, it looked really bad" the one used in this edit at 1:46?

12 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Azealia Banks Instagram IG Post Archive:

azealiabanksforever

April 10th, 2023

Cardi B, delusion, self love, throwback, slay z, poking the bear

AB-IG-Cardi.jpg

AB-IG-Cardi-2.jpg

the audacity this woman has is insane.. and a bit inspiring.. but like she's delulu  :agree:

love her 2 pieces tho.. AB that's my bitch  :runs:

anyway I thought it would be fun to make a longlist of all the songs apart of the F2 era, to see where we're at so far

Lorelei f/ Jamie Hince

Icy Pisces

Chaos and Glory f/ Luciana Caparoso

Along the Coast

Gon' Learn f/ Connie Diiamond

Ain't Know (HQ Demo Snippet)

Taste's State f/ Busta Rhymes

Paradiso II

Treasure Island

Anna Wintour

Count Contessa

Pyrex Princess

Escapades

Venus
Movin On Up

Playhouse
Desert Beat

Blossom

In Excelsis

Chi Chi

Not on 2018 tracklist:

Wut U Do (Demo)

Diamond Nova
Crown

Surf

El Remolino

Bruce Lee

despite having basically everything in either HQ, MQ, or snippets, it would still be nice to see it come together for an official release one day with her "vision". Whatever that is these days anyway. :hooker:

Spoiler

Or just have the remaining tracks uploaded to a burner soundcloud and move on with our lives. 

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

This deluded bigot will always provide me with laughs :lmao: talented but if she had the willpower and sense to make apologies and utilise her psyche to positivity she could do better.

I think everyone seems to forget this actually WAS the case in 2018, or at least during the first few months of it. I mean even Nicki acknowledged her on her radio show at one point. 

Granted it’s Azealia so she got back into her old ways and the Wild N Out fiasco sealed the deal for good. In an alternate universe, Fantasea II wouldve been released August 2018 under eOne and Business and Pleasure would’ve followed the year after. 

giphy.gif

10 years of Yung Rapunxel :rollin:

"Yung Rapunxel" (stylized as #YUNGRAPUNXEL) is a song recorded by American singer/rapper Azealia Banks for her debut studio album titled Broke with Expensive Taste. Interscope Records released the song as the album's first single to mainstream radio on April 16, 2013. 

giphy.gif