Sitar

Lorde

5 minutes ago, SolveEtCoagula said:

I heard a snippet of one of her new songs, she sounds like she is impersonating Lana both lyrically (talking about California) and her voice lmao

noooooo

This has so many implications for the minor stan wars between these two fan bases

6 hours ago, Harvie Weinstinez said:

you are literally saying WORDS with no logical sense or meaning it’s just words 

melodrama did not “age like milk” just because you stopped listening to it ??? yall really just be lacking critical skills 

:thumb3:

I FEEL HOW I FEEL 

nah, lordes cool, that album just hasn’t stuck with me! Instead of saying it aged like milk I’ll say I got sick of the taste after drinking it frequently for a while. 

ill check out whatever she releases but I’m not going into it expecting to be obsessed 

1 minute ago, naturalbornloser said:

i know lil genius, but he's stated he's got the album/listened to it...so :crossed:

Sorry...

Didn't even know I was supposed to understand that just by looking at the image :crossed:

BF77-AD48-C18-D-4144-B349-27-DC6-F78-CD7

On 3/26/2021 at 5:35 AM, domandapiano said:

I FEEL HOW I FEEL 

nah, lordes cool, that album just hasn’t stuck with me! Instead of saying it aged like milk I’ll say I got sick of the taste after drinking it frequently for a while. 

ill check out whatever she releases but I’m not going into it expecting to be obsessed 

yeah?? that's what happens for most artists??? like it's normal to stop listening to something after you spent a lot of time listening to it it happens to everyone but it doesn't mean that it aged like milk

yall heard "aged like milk" once and aint shut up since 

On 3/28/2021 at 6:00 AM, Charlottexseax said:

yeah?? that's what happens for most artists??? like it's normal to stop listening to something after you spent a lot of time listening to it it happens to everyone but it doesn't mean that it aged like milk

yall heard "aged like milk" once and aint shut up since 

I just corrected myself! No more aged like milk. Though I do think it sounds a bit dated. I apologize that what I said upset you so much. :kiss:

1 hour ago, anwdelrey said:

I agree that Melodrama aged quickly. It was excellent lyrically but production-wise I was not a fan. It almost sounded overproduced? Idk.

“over produced” has never stopped anyone from bopping to Electra Heart, Kesha, Britney, Katy, etc... even 10 (or more) years later

albums don’t “age” y’all just stop listening to them/liking them which is FINE 

1 hour ago, domandapiano said:

I just corrected myself! No more aged like milk. Though I do think it sounds a bit dated. I apologize that what I said upset you so much. :kiss:

lol I wasn’t upset and I’m sorry if it came across that away

I just hate it when people say an album “aged” cause that’s not what the word means!! “Aged” means when something’s production/lyrics/melodies sound old in a BAD way, and Melodrama does NOT sound old

This doesn’t mean you have to like it cause you don’t but it is very far from sounding old or “aged” 

Melodrama has that signature maximalist Jack Antonoff production when he was beginning to get that “producer of the year” aura. So sonically, it captures that year in pop music well. 

This album is kind of intense all together, but I only like it in an album form. The songs especially melodically by themselves don’t stand out as much for me. Opposite of “sum greater than its parts” if that makes sense. :bebe: