Sitar

Lorde

Can’t believe Lana is on her 8th album in 10 years and Lorde has not even put out her third. :horror2:

I honestly think it’s hurt her relevancy, releasing every 4 years is becoming old fashioned. Fans need music every 18 months at the max these days,

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I’m surprised Lorde was able to convince her label that she needs to take long breaks to deliver albums given the commercial success of PH and relative commercial failure of Melodrama (especially the tour) 

What kind of sucks about this wait is that she didn’t really release any tracks in between and she doesn’t have much of a back catalog either.

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

i blame fiona apple for this

I blame Lorde herself for this :raven: Ms. Apple has nothing to do with Lorde (and Sky and other singers)'s releases schedule :lolliney: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

On 4/28/2021 at 8:22 PM, ChaoticLipster said:

Can’t believe Lana is on her 8th album in 10 years and Lorde has not even put out her third. :horror2:

I honestly think it’s hurt her relevancy, releasing every 4 years is becoming old fashioned. Fans need music every 18 months at the max these days,

I was literally thinking about that last week. And the funny thing is they both released their first album at the same period of time. 

18 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

I blame Lorde herself for this :raven: Ms. Apple has nothing to do with Lorde (and Sky and other singers)'s releases schedule :lolliney: 

i still blame fiona apple 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

1 hour ago, expandableclitoris said:

I was literally thinking about that last week. And the funny thing is they both released their first album at the same period of time. 

I wonder if she had writers block or just doesn’t like fame.  She did go to Antarctica,  and missed out on capitalising on her success.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

46 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I wonder if she had writers block or just doesn’t like fame.  She did go to Antarctica,  and missed out on capitalising on her success.  

I think she just likes to write her music in an environment where they can 'breathe' and develop slowly, whereas Lana writes dozens of tracks in a row  and quickly changes them

She reminds me of Björk's style after her 3rd album, her 'spawn' was 6 albums in a period of 20 years :ohno:

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

i honestly think she just wants to take her time and has the luxury to do so since she isn't one of the pop girls like ariana, dua, etc

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I agree with you about the capitalisation of her success. It’s not even about how much money she can make but the opportunities to share her art with us and for us fans to selfishly enjoy. I’m not sure in this day and age, being (rather deliberately) away from the public eye for so long enhances the perception of your work anymore because at a certain point, the payoff diminishes or it feels a bit insulting

The way I used to follow her sister and mom’s social media for clues :deadbanana:

28 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I’m not confident, I think it will be later in the year before she releases anything. 

Completing the onionringsworldwide square and going out to parties & dancing to camera is a huge hint for it imo, plus Going South is coming this month too

1 hour ago, White Picket Chemtrails said:

Eclipse said on ATRL:

Hide contents

12 tracks + 2 bonus tracks, no "bops"

new age hippie stoner album

get your weed or acid ready

it's done

Does he have a new twitter? Everytime I try to see his profile it's like his account got deleted

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

2 hours ago, White Picket Chemtrails said:

Eclipse said on ATRL:

Hide contents

it's done

holy shit, can't wait

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 hours ago, White Picket Chemtrails said:

Eclipse said on ATRL:

Hide contents

it's done

:defeated: