Sitar

Lorde

1 minute ago, melodrama said:

Even though if she does (which i think she won't) she won't be passing Lorde's L3 era in popularity.

Based on eclipse's desc of the album I dont see the GP really getting into L3.

He seemed to imply that it was slow and very mood albumish with mature topics. 

5 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Based on eclipse's desc of the album I dont see the GP really getting into L3.

He seemed to imply that it was slow and very mood albumish with mature topics. 

It's not slow, it's experimental. By that he meant there won't be songs like Green Light in it because it's experimental. An example for this is Tame Impala's Currents which he said it's a great example for description of L3. And that was heavily liked by GP. Plus, NFR and COCC fits the description you said so Lorde is going to be bigger than her anyways.

3 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Album of the year lists - by publications

NFR -19

Melodrama-8

????

bestie if NFR was ranked at 19 and Melodrama at 8, you’re not the making the compelling case I think you’re trying to...

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

9 minutes ago, White Picket Chemtrails said:

I think they mean NFR was on 19 lists and Melodrama 8, not the ranking

NFR and Melodrama can't be compared because L3 will be her NFR probably plus mixed with psychedelic music. Melodrama is her second album while NFR is Lana's sixth. Wondering what will he say when L3 ends up on 20 lists then ? ?

1 hour ago, melodrama said:

y'all are so bold and biased here lmao. Lorde has an INSANE hype right now and even locals are wondering about L3. There are new viral tweets every new week. Her monthly listeners on Spotify are 15 million with no release since 2017, while Lana is 19 million with 3 albums since Melodrama. The difference is only 4 million with no music for 4 years. Her tactic literally worked like hip-hop artists who hypes an album for years while not dropping anything (Kendrick, Uzi, Carti etc). When it drops she will get even bigger than Melodrama era because the hype wasn't this much even on that time. Of course she will be passing Lana.

I love Lorde, but unless the music is super radio friendly I doubt she’s going to hit the same peak as when she first started. I actually don’t even care about her chart success or sales I just want the music to be good.  Lorde get’s featured on a ton of playlists she get’s free promo on streaming services, vs Lana who is barely seen.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

24 minutes ago, White Picket Chemtrails said:

I think they mean NFR was on 19 lists and Melodrama 8, not the ranking

ohhhhhhh hahahahahaha that makes more sense

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

23 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I love Lorde, but unless the music is super radio friendly I doubt she’s going to hit the same peak as when she first started. I actually don’t even care about her chart success or sales I just want the music to be good.  Lorde get’s featured on a ton of playlists she get’s free promo on streaming services, vs Lana who is barely seen.  

I'm saying that even though Lana's last 2 albums weren't radio friendly she has 19 million listeners which is 4 million more than Lorde, of course Lorde is gonna pass her when she drops what's not clicking ? Also Lorde albums has more replay value all the time.

Just now, melodrama said:

I'm saying that even though Lana's last 2 albums weren't radio friendly she has 19 million listeners which is 4 million more than Lorde, of course Lorde is gonna pass her when she drops what's not clicking

Different expectations and paths to get the numbers they need. It’s not just about Spotify listeners. :creep:

Lorde’s career started with radio domination. Naturally, Melodrama followed the blueprint of using radio to try and match Pure Heroine’s success. 

For Lana, getting good radio traction is just a nice plus, not as much of a necessity as it is for Lorde. 

2 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

Different expectations and paths to get the numbers they need. It’s not just about Spotify listeners. :creep:

Lorde’s career started with radio domination. Naturally, Melodrama followed the blueprint of using radio to try and match Pure Heroine’s success. 

For Lana, getting good radio traction is just a nice plus, not as much of a necessity as it is for Lorde. 

Lana's listeners doesn't have locals and hip-hop listeners etc in it because of the constant hate she gets. Y'all are delulu if y'all really can't analyze the current stats and think when L3 drops she will be bigger than her.

1 minute ago, NewportBitch said:

this. even though summertime sadness was shoved down our throats in 2012, people are still listening to born to die. and when i mean people, i mean A LOT of people. the album is about to reach 400 weeks on the bb200 like cmon now.

and when L3 comes out in 2025, i feel like people are going to forget it easily and go back to her older material. that's just the vibes im getting

1 minute ago, cinnamongirI said:

this. even though summertime sadness was shoved down our throats in 2012, people are still listening to born to die. and when i mean people, i mean A LOT of people. the album is about to reach 400 weeks on the bb200 like cmon now.

and when L3 comes out in 2025, i feel like people are going to forget it easily and go back to her older material. that's just the vibes im getting

Please save the link of this page because when L3 drops THIS YEAR you will be pretty shocked ?

4 minutes ago, melodrama said:

Lana's listeners doesn't have locals and hip-hop listeners etc in it because of the constant hate she gets. Y'all are delulu if y'all really can't analyze the current stats and think when L3 drops she will be bigger than her.

Insiders are saying L3 isn’t going to be anything like Melodrama, no “bops.” Are you ready for that? Are her fans ready for that? 

We don’t know right now. Not a snippet has even dropped.

5 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

Exactly.

And ofc Lana inspired so many alt artists and brought out the sadcore sound to be relevant.