Sitar

Lorde

3 minutes ago, mansfield ringer said:

She did not disappear for 4 years just for this to leak OMG... feeling so bad and not gonna listen tbh

the internets fucked up this time :/

1 minute ago, lovesick said:

idk what happened but it was available on all streaming platforms officially (- spotify), i was able to listen to it legally before they took it off again... what the hell happened? some intern is gonna get fired today

ya I downloaded it on AM at 9:20am PST and now it’s gone. I can still listen tho since I downloaded the file but I feel kinda guilty. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

52 minutes ago, CyberKid said:

Sis really is trying her best at tearing L down :flop: it’s funny tbh

I’m a Lorde fan, just because I don’t lick her asshole and I’m not afraid to criticise doesn’t mean I’m tearing her down. But Lorde is deeply influenced by Lana more then what she probably realises, her sound and construction of her lyrics, style of vocals in certain places.. you’d have to be tone deaf to not hear it.  I don’t dislike her for it as Lana has influenced a lot of artists, but I was a little insulted that she tried to skim over Lana’s influence and insulted her even…but that was like 8 years ago so water under the bridge. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I caved in and found it… It’s a cute summer song, but the expectations for her « comeback » were sky-high… I am not the biggest Lorde fan, so that song is good to me, but I get why some found it a bit disappointing. 

This sounds nothing like MAC/Venice Bitch. Come on now.

I love it. The more I listen to it, the more it sets me free and fills me up with glee. Such a joyful moment from her that makes total sense after Melodrama. I think the best is yet to come tho.

IMG-7960.jpg

i have not been following this thread closely sorry, but 2 questions:

is solar power the name of the album? and do we have a tracklist?

i heard it was supposed to be released on the summer solstice, which would have been perfect. i'm excited to have it early though and the solstice is lana's bday anyway

I actually found it quite pleasant! It's a nice song, has nothing groundbreaking to it nor does it have any kind of replay value, also I will have forgotten it by a few minutes ---- but I didn't have a bad time listening to it though

It doesn't sound "Lead single" worthy, but since Eclipse said the album doesn't have any real high energy bops its kinda normal that its more led back. None the less I really like it tbh, it reminds me a bit of the ballads of Melodrama

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

9 minutes ago, How2Disappear said:

i have not been following this thread closely sorry, but 2 questions:

is solar power the name of the album? and do we have a tracklist?

i heard it was supposed to be released on the summer solstice, which would have been perfect. i'm excited to have it early though and the solstice is lana's bday anyway

1. possibly but its not confirmed 2. nope we dont only four song names (solar power obvi, mood ring, SoaG and SATNS, we dunno what those stand for)

Well I just listened and I wouldn’t say it’s the worst thing ever. It sounds like something that will grow on people. 

I will say the production sounds a bit shallow and tinny. Not sure why, maybe it’s my phone speakers but it didn’t sound like it had any deep layers or bombastic sound. 

I can see similarities and the style of the lyrics in terms of Lana, but I think a lot of artists are influenced by her song writing. 

im sure the rest of the album will have a lot of interesting songs, her style is what made her famous in the first place as she sounds quite unique. 

faSE.gif