Sitar

Lorde

7 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I liked the new song! It was very light and summery! Can’t wait to hear what else she has up her sleeve :heart:

i miss seeing you around here. Please just be everywhere at all times. Your vibes are necessary for the existence of this forum. 

faSE.gif

1 minute ago, cru3lworld said:

i miss seeing you around here. Please just be everywhere at all times. Your vibes are necessary for the existence of this forum. 

Awww. You’re too kind. I can say the same about you - love the positivity and kindness and light you bring to the forum. You stand for what keeps it alive as well <3

This was cute. Definitely not the Lorde I was expecting, usually there’s a bunch of hidden elements and details within the production and sound but with this track it felt very surface level. The girls need to give jack up. At this point his repeating material. I don’t hear Lana that much, but very well St.Vincent. Venice Bitch is far more detailed than this though…

giphy.gif

It is a cute track, though I don't like the 2nd verse. It's not what I was expecting from Lorde's return, but at the same time I really love that vibe. And it does feel summery + nothing like Venice Bitch y'all, I just don't hear anything like VB in Solar Power.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I get WHY people can see Lana in it. I listened again and a lot of the background vocals, all the ahhhhhs, and in the beginning when she says 

Can I kick it? Yeah, I can. Reminds me a lot of NFR the way she’s more speaking the lyrics instead of singing. 

but I think a lot of the similarities are just Jack. He has a very diverse catalogue but lately has been doing a lot of this guitar kinda work. 

faSE.gif