Sitar

Lorde

29 minutes ago, mansfield ringer said:

Just listened, I can see why people have problem with it, but I love it.

Except I am starting to actually hate Jack Antonoff..... like why regurgitate the same sound over and over and over with every artist?

I think the song is cute and because of the way it builds I can see why she picked it to put out first

Also this is auditory evidence of what everyone has always said about Jack:

https://mobile.twitter.com/twigsalterego/status/1403055305152475140

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Video is cute, and she looks great :defeated: Hoping the song will settle after a few more listens, and regardless I’m still excited for the new record ?

New vibe is bright and I like the color direction she’s taking so far. Think some of the spoken parts are what I’m not feeling. Something else too, but can’t really place it? It’s definitely a Jack Antonoff ™️ song lol.

“Acid green, aquamarine...” and “blink 3 times when you feel it kicking in” parts are great, though :wub:

40 minutes ago, whiteroses said:

also i'm nervous for when the pre-order goes up as i hope she'll have some signed things and i wanna snatch something

i'm still not over missing the melodrama deluxe vinyl boxset thing:crai:

I'm glad I snatched the signed album cover lithograph. I paid for one and was sent three :lmao:

Critics are going crazy... for what? If this was released by anyone else it would not be received this well. This is why I don’t fw critics or care what they have to say lmfao. 

Edit: they’re not going crazy y’all lied.

2 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Critics are going crazy... for what? If this was released by anyone else it would not be received this well. This is why I don’t fw critics or care what they have to say lmfao. 

It didn’t get BNT from Pitchfork. 

it's fun and cute. lyrics are kind of shallow, but i like it. it's very 90s. it immediately reminded me of George Michael's Faith. I don't care for the video but i've been wondering if on the cover she is flashing her pussy or not. you can't really tell if she has a bathing suit. i love the idea of it being a secret flash to us. i thought in the video she might take off her skirt to reveal a thong, but no which is awesome because i'm still wondering now. 

13 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Edit: they’re not going crazy y’all lied.

I think only NME has really gone crazy and at this point an alternative female artist could release a compilation of farts and they would give it a 100 minutes after release :rip: 

p4ks review was hardly even a review…it was literally like “this is a song. the singer lorde wrote and performed this song” :rip: 

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:

I think only NME has really gone crazy and at this point an alternative female artist could release a compilation of farts and they would give it a 100 minutes after release :rip: 

p4ks review was hardly even a review…it was literally like “this is a song. the singer lorde wrote and performed this song” :rip: 

I remember NME’s Chemtrails review was written so poorly. That’s when I knew they weren’t credible lmfao.

But I feel like Pitchfork is pretty much saying it’s “meh” without actually saying it. Seems like that’s the general consensus with the song. It’s cute... but nothing more.